Desertrose9

Why did my fiances case got sent back to USCIS after his interview in Kabul?

128 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Unfortunately We dont have the fiananial means to have a good or big size wedding we have no choice but to do a traditional or small ceremony with a lot of his family memebers.. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline
1 hour ago, Desertrose9 said:

Thats true but in kabul theres no lease, like in the US , he lives in a small mud house which belongs to his aunt and i believe they pay rent.. he wouldnt know how to get an affidavit from his parents how do you think he should do it?

In those cases the aunt and /or parents writes a letter in their own words, stating that he (and you while you are there from XX date - XX date)

are living in that home free of charge and pay no rent and that it is not a lease contract.
While they are stating that they can also attest that they know you and approve of the relationship/marriage.
This can be a short couple paragraphs or a page or so with more details reflecting the situation.
That way not only do you have this affidavit (this letter) as proof of living together but also that they approve of your relationship.
That would be part of good evidence.

Let them do it in their own words, do not write it for them. They sign and date it and add address and if it's not in English then translate it.
You can translate it yourself but sign and date it and note that you are (or whoever) is able to translate it (instructions for translation
is on the USCIS web site.) No official certified translator is needed.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Timeline

Unfortunately We dont have the fiananial means to have a good or big size wedding we have no choice but to do a traditional or small ceremony with a lot of his family memebers.. 

Make sure the parents contribute if they otherwise would have contributed had he married someone there, sometimes everyone looks to

the USC to carry the whole expense because they think our money grows on trees.

Spoiler

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Timeline
12 hours ago, Ebunoluwa said:

Make sure the parents contribute if they otherwise would have contributed had he married someone there, sometimes everyone looks to

the USC to carry the whole expense because they think our money grows on trees.

Yes so true! Gosh anyway, im contemplating whether to get a lawyer or not again, i really dont have the financial means but i also want to make sure all the paperwork is done correctly etc,i know you said before I dont. Need  a lawyer, but if im gonna be filing from kabul i dont want to miss something or i dont know how is the process is it that difficult 

4 minutes ago, Desertrose9 said:

Yes so true! Gosh anyway, im contemplating whether to get a lawyer or not again, i really dont have the financial means but i also want to make sure all the paperwork is done correctly etc,i know you said before I dont. Need  a lawyer, but if im gonna be filing from kabul i dont want to miss something or i dont know how is the process is it that difficult 

It's difficult to file from Kabul.  Your petition must have an original signature on the I-130 and it then must be sent to USCIS.  Sending anything out of Kabul is really expensive, so plan for that - you may be able to find a DHS or FedEx service that ships internationally.

Signature coming soon...

Timeline
2 hours ago, Amhara said:

It's difficult to file from Kabul.  Your petition must have an original signature on the I-130 and it then must be sent to USCIS.  Sending anything out of Kabul is really expensive, so plan for that - you may be able to find a DHS or FedEx service that ships internationally.

Do you think its really worth to spend all that money on a lawyer with the last lawyer my case go denied but i was thinking if i hire a lawyer this way i sign the 1-130 leave it in his office then give him the go when im in  kabul  or i can get my friend i that i trust hes helped people with marrriage petitions before 

Timeline

Do you think its really worth to spend all that money on a lawyer with the last lawyer my case go denied but i was thinking if i hire a lawyer this way i sign the 1-130 leave it in his office then give him the go when im in  kabul  or i can get my friend i that i trust hes helped people with marrriage petitions before 

Study this guide >>>> http://www.visajourney.com/content/i130guide1

You really don't need to pay a lawyer to put a stamp on it and mail it off several thousand dollars, you can get help here
anytime you get stuck with a question. It does require some hours of research and an understanding of the process from start to end.
You still have to gather all the info and data needed, your lawyer will not do that and only fill out the forms.
I read many times where lawyers have messed up the petition and made everything worse with delays and
losing RFE's etc. and people had to start again on their own.

I would go there and marry, get all signatures needed and come back and assemble a good quality package with evidence
taking my time and send it off from here, then visit again during the wait and be present on the premises during the interview.
I am not familiar with sending anything from Kabul to the states and the risks so I let your regional members advise you on that part.
As I said it would be good evidence to live there for some months and include such evidence before mailing the petition off and then again
submit the evidence before the interview.

Spoiler

Yeah, if you have someone in the States send off your petition for you, I really don't see how you would include the evidence.  If you are using an Afgan nikah, you may need to get it notarized by the US embassy to use it outside of Kabul, so you would need to send a copy of that at least.  You would need to post date your signature.

I think your intention is to get the petition approved while you are still there waiting for him so that you do not need to come back to the States and you could both come back together.  If you do that, you may be in for a long haul.  The I-130 could take 7+ months to get approved, then another 4-7 weeks for the petition to get sent to Kabul, then another month or so to get an interview and an untold amount of time in AP.

If your intention is not to wait in AFG while you are waiting for your petition to get approved, then I do not see the need to file the petition while you are still in AFG.  Especially if you will only stay a month - you are only saving a month of time and that could also be a red flag, which may have been the problem with the first petition of filing very, very soon in the relationship.

Signature coming soon...

Timeline
On 8/21/2017 at 3:35 PM, Amhara said:

Yeah, if you have someone in the States send off your petition for you, I really don't see how you would include the evidence.  If you are using an Afgan nikah, you may need to get it notarized by the US embassy to use it outside of Kabul, so you would need to send a copy of that at least.  You would need to post date your signature.

I think your intention is to get the petition approved while you are still there waiting for him so that you do not need to come back to the States and you could both come back together.  If you do that, you may be in for a long haul.  The I-130 could take 7+ months to get approved, then another 4-7 weeks for the petition to get sent to Kabul, then another month or so to get an interview and an untold amount of time in AP.

If your intention is not to wait in AFG while you are waiting for your petition to get approved, then I do not see the need to file the petition while you are still in AFG.  Especially if you will only stay a month - you are only saving a month of time and that could also be a red flag, which may have been the problem with the first petition of filing very, very soon in the relationship.

Yah i hear you thats true i was thibking to stay longer than a month.. anyhow in short notice i think out plans ate going to change he decided to live in India, because of job opportunity and his life is in danger in Kabul he had several threats recently so wer planning to get married from india.. what do u guys think?

Timeline
On 8/21/2017 at 3:21 PM, Ebunoluwa said:

Study this guide >>>> http://www.visajourney.com/content/i130guide1

You really don't need to pay a lawyer to put a stamp on it and mail it off several thousand dollars, you can get help here
anytime you get stuck with a question. It does require some hours of research and an understanding of the process from start to end.
You still have to gather all the info and data needed, your lawyer will not do that and only fill out the forms.
I read many times where lawyers have messed up the petition and made everything worse with delays and
losing RFE's etc. and people had to start again on their own.

I would go there and marry, get all signatures needed and come back and assemble a good quality package with evidence
taking my time and send it off from here, then visit again during the wait and be present on the premises during the interview.
I am not familiar with sending anything from Kabul to the states and the risks so I let your regional members advise you on that part.
As I said it would be good evidence to live there for some months and include such evidence before mailing the petition off and then again
submit the evidence before the interview.

Yes thanks appreciate that, we have some recent and sudden change of plans my fiance wants to leave kabul hes had recent threats and his life is in danger.. he wants to move to india, i believe its gonna be easier as well to get marrried there since india is not a MENA country etc. ill do that live with him a few months gather all eveidence come back and file then when its his interview ill go back.. what do u think? Will he run into problems for example of the co keeps interrogating why he left kabul, and stuff? Making it difficult also the best evidence is if i get preganant (this time) before i leave back to the states 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
39 minutes ago, Desertrose9 said:

also the best evidence is if i get preganant (this time) before i leave back to the states 

Having a baby isn't really considered proof of genuine relationship, it just means you slept together. If his life is in danger as you say and he is able to move to India (not sure what kind of visa he would need for that), he can do so but I don't know if it would help or hurt your case. Even if he does his interview in India, the CO will still know that he is from Afghanistan and take that into consideration when making a decision. They may question why he moved to India, and he would have to give an honest answer. Fearing for his safety seems like it would be a valid reason. Your best move is to live with him for a while (either in Kabul or India), get married and gather evidence such as joint bank accounts, renting an apartment together, photos with friends and family, ect. Spend more time together in person together and file a for CR1 spousal visa. 

If you are going through the visa process and will be interviewing in Casablanca, Morocco, join us over at the

US-Morocco Visa Discussion Facebook Group! :) 

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

December 19, 2016: NOA1 receive date 

May 5, 2017: NOA2 hardcopy (still listed as 'received' online...)

May 23, 2017: NVC case number assigned

July 10, 2017: Interview
July 14, 2017: Visa in hand
July 27, 2017: POE at ORD

August 5, 2017: Married!

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

September 8, 2017 : Mailed AOS Packet

September 16, 2017 : NOA1 text/emails (receive date Sept. 12)

October 2, 2017 : Biometrics Appointment

October 13, 2017 : RFIE letter received in mail (they want an English translated Birth Certificate, which we included in the original petition...)

January 24, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in hand

August 9, 2018: AOS Interview (Approved)

August 9, 2018: "Card in Production"

August 16, 2018: Green card in hand

May 2020: ROC!

Yes thanks appreciate that, we have some recent and sudden change of plans my fiance wants to leave kabul hes had recent threats and his life is in danger.. he wants to move to india, i believe its gonna be easier as well to get marrried there since india is not a MENA country etc. ill do that live with him a few months gather all eveidence come back and file then when its his interview ill go back.. what do u think? Will he run into problems for example of the co keeps interrogating why he left kabul, and stuff? Making it difficult also the best evidence is if i get preganant (this time) before i leave back to the states 

Please realize that pregnancy will not expedite or guarantee a visa for your fiancé. Be ready to be a single parent for a while.

Timeline
4 hours ago, Desertrose9 said:

It would definitely help if his family  could attend the wedding in India. Write an attachment of the reason why he moved to India
to have the wedding in your relationship timeline letter.
It is not considered evidence for a relationship/marriage to have a child together. I advice against it for 2 reasons:
First and foremost, he as the father will miss a lot of baby's "firsts", supporting his pregnant wife, being there for the birth etc.
It can take much longer because even if he is not in a MENA country he can still be put in long AP time for security checks
and background checks because he is from Pakistan.
Many couples who get pregnant have a 2 year old child that Mom raised alone and being totally overwhelmed because Dad couldn't join yet
and is still stuck in the process.
Another reason is they could request DNA testing which costs (about $800 and added months delays) to make sure the child is his.
Third reason, the adjustment upheaval for him to move here will be hard enough without throwing a child in the mix in my opinion.
I would settle as a couple here when the time comes, let him become stable with a job and income, adjusted, growing your 
relationship together, then plan for a child. All this is very, very stressful and you won't realize this until you are at each phase.
That is a very personal decision though and it is just what I would do, not everyone would agree.
Other than that, yes, wedding in India with his family in attendance would be fine. It will not speed up the process neither
hold it up in itself and if you are both safer there then that is a good reason.

Spoiler

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Begs the question how would he immigrate to India.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.