Q&W

I-129f petition package

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lithuania
Timeline

Hello! We are an American/Lithuanian couple and we recently decided to get married! VisaJourney has been a huge help for us already while trying to learn as much as we can about this process. We're super glad there's other people who are going though the same thing and are willing to answer our questions.

So here's the thing, my U.S. citizen fiance has a criminal record, so do we have to get certified copies of every arrest (in reference to question 4.a. on the I-129f)? Do we need to include original certified documents or can we make photocopies of them for the petition?

Also, I have been been married before (very briefly, a joke gone too far) and according to the I-129f instructions we need to provide evidence of the annulment. Do we need a certified copy of the annulment documents? We want to be completely sure before we spend the money on certified copies.

Thanks!

Filed: IR-5 Country: Dominican Republic
Timeline
1 hour ago, Q&W said:

Hello! We are an American/Lithuanian couple and we recently decided to get married! VisaJourney has been a huge help for us already while trying to learn as much as we can about this process. We're super glad there's other people who are going though the same thing and are willing to answer our questions.

So here's the thing, my U.S. citizen fiance has a criminal record, so do we have to get certified copies of every arrest (in reference to question 4.a. on the I-129f)? Do we need to include original certified documents or can we make photocopies of them for the petition?

Also, I have been been married before (very briefly, a joke gone too far) and according to the I-129f instructions we need to provide evidence of the annulment. Do we need a certified copy of the annulment documents? We want to be completely sure before we spend the money on certified copies.

Thanks!

Not sure about the law in that country but our experience in the DR, we got to the interview and fingerprints showed a fight from 2010, we had to get a letter from police department, letter from attorney general, letter from the jail, all translated to English and it has to say my spouse haven't had any issues since the 2010 issue and we had to get another police report after we had fingerprints expunged from the attorney general, all notorized, a letter in your spouse words explaining the issues of the arrest..after the interview they will give you a letter of denial with a explanation what is needed to complete the process and remove the arrest record...Good Luck ours took a couple of months and it wasn't cheap

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lithuania
Timeline
12 hours ago, Theresa Famiia said:

Not sure about the law in that country but our experience in the DR, we got to the interview and fingerprints showed a fight from 2010, we had to get a letter from police department, letter from attorney general, letter from the jail, all translated to English and it has to say my spouse haven't had any issues since the 2010 issue and we had to get another police report after we had fingerprints expunged from the attorney general, all notorized, a letter in your spouse words explaining the issues of the arrest..after the interview they will give you a letter of denial with a explanation what is needed to complete the process and remove the arrest record...Good Luck ours took a couple of months and it wasn't cheap

Thanks for the response, but we were asking about criminal records of the U.S. citizen, so it's a very different situation. We can get the documents very easily, but we just wanted to know if we need to include certified originals in the package, or if we can make photocopies :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.