GarryAndMarie

Anyone recently need to get a HK PC for their PH K1 applicant?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiance will need one eventually, although we only recently filed her I-129f, so we are looking for any helpful advice on how to accelerate the process. I've read elsewhere that it might be possible to send a request to HK police before her package arrives in Manila.

Here is the long of it. You won't be able to start this process before you have scheduled your interview. Check the HK police website for updated procedural information.

You need a letter from the US Embassy to get the police clearance. Keep the original & just send the photocopy ... which is clearly stated below.

Notes to Overseas Applicants

The issuance of Certificates of No Criminal Conviction is a charged service provided by the Hong Kong Police Force which is solely in connection with a person's application for a visa to visit or reside in another country, or for adoption of children. Applications for the Certificate for any other purposes will not be accepted.

Application Procedures and Documentation Requirements

2. Applications should be made in writing to:
The Commissioner of Police
(Attn.: EO CNCC)
14/F, Arsenal House,
Police Headquarters, 1 Arsenal Street,
Wan Chai, Hong Kong

3. Applicants may also arrange to hand in their application to the above quoted address or deposit their application into the drop-in box provided at the First Floor of the Arsenal House, Police Headquarters, 1 Arsenal Street, Wanchai.

4. All applications must contain the following documents:

a) A completed application form.

b) A photocopy of his or her Hong Kong Identity Card / valid Travel Document.

c) A photocopy of a letter from the relevant Consulate / Immigration Authority / Government Authority, which contains his or her name and clearly indicates that the production of the Certificate is required.

d) A photocopy of the documents proving his or her relationship with the Principal Applicant for the application if the said letter does not contain his or her own name.

e) A full set of his or her fingerprints taken and certified by a recognized police or law enforcement agency where he or she presently resides. A full set of fingerprints should include the impression of each of his or her fingers, the plain impression of the four fingers of his or her left and right hand taken simultaneously, and the plain impressions of thumbs. Certification of the fingerprints must clearly state:

i. The name and rank of the person taking the fingerprints

ii. The full name of the police or law enforcement agency with their official chop, and

iii. The date and place taken

Fingerprints submitted that do not clearly show certification are not acceptable. Fingerprints taken by the applicants themselves, a legal representative or private / commercial agency are also unacceptable.

f) A bank draft to the amount of HK$185 per person, made payable to "The Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region". The draft must be payable in Hong Kong. A personal cheque in Hong Kong dollar which is issued and authorized by any licensed banks in Hong Kong is also acceptable.

Application documents issued in languages other than Chinese or English, shall be accompanied with an official transcript, in Chinese or English, as endorsed either by the issuing authority, or a certified translation services body.

Authorization to disclose Criminal Records and Issuance of Certificate

5. The applicant can download a fingerprint consent form, an application form (online form)and a standard personal data form (online form) for completion, and then send them together with the application. He or She shall authorize the Hong Kong Police to retain the fingerprints and that details of any criminal conviction recorded against him or her in Hong Kong can be disclosed to the appropriate Consulate/Immigration Authority / Government Authority without prior reference to him or her. If the aforesaid documents are not received by this office at time of application, blank forms will be sent to the applicant upon acceptance of his/her application. In the absence of the completed documents, application shall not be further processed.

6. If no criminal conviction data against the applicant in Hong Kong is located, we shall issue the Certificate and send it directly by registered mail to the relevant Consulate / Immigration Authority / Government Authority within four calendar weeks.

7. If criminal conviction data is found, both the relevant Consulate / Immigration Authority / Government Authority and the applicant will be replied with a letter advising that the Certificate could not be issued and listing out the conviction data by registered post, within the prescribed period.

8. If the applicant is under investigation by the Hong Kong Police Force, or is currently a defendant in criminal proceedings in Hong Kong, or is subject of non-payment of fine including traffic offences, his/her application will not be further processed until the matter concerned has been concluded. We shall issue a letter to the applicant informing that his/her application is pending conclusion of the matter. Once there are no outstanding matters, a Certificate or letter will be issued, in accordance with Paragraphs 6 & 7 above.

Handling of Personal Data

9. The personal data provided by the applicants will only be used for the purpose of processing their applications. Every applicant has the right to request for access and correction of his or her personal data, by sending a written request to the Chief Inspector (Support) Identification Bureau at 10/F, Arsenal House West Wing, Police Headquarters, 1 Arsenal Street, Wanchai, Hong Kong. In order to recover the administrative cost of acceding to such request, the applicant may be charged for any copy of the data requested, and in most cases, the prevailing government rate for photocopies will apply. All fingerprints and other personal data collected shall be destroyed within a reasonable period of time upon conclusion of the application process.

Enquiries

10. For enquiries, you may write to the Office, e-mail eo-cncc-ib@police.gov.hk
call
(852) 2860 6558 or fax (852) 2200 4321.

From <http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/385484-nbi-from-hong-kong/> 

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, GarryAndMarie said:

My fiance will need one eventually, although we only recently filed her I-129f, so we are looking for any helpful advice on how to accelerate the process. I've read elsewhere that it might be possible to send a request to HK police before her package arrives in Manila.

Only suggestion I can add is;  Contact the embassy about getting the letter/email for requiring the PC ...  I seem to remember one other being able to do this.

As the saying goes -no harm in asking.

Here is contact info for the embassy (do be patience the embassy is not quick replying, but they eventually do... more emails do NOT help)

Contacting the Embassy (Manila)

Manila Visa Information and Appointment Service center hotlines at (632) 976-8500, (632) 976-8501 or (632) 976-8502.

The center is open Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (Manila time), except on Philippine and U.S. holidays.

Callers in the U.S should call (703) 520-2235 on its Eastern Standard Time equivalent of operation hours.

Skype: To use Skype to speak to a customer service representative Monday Friday from 8:00am to 8:00pm., please add a new contact to your Skype account with the Skype name ustraveldocs-philippines.

EMAIL:   IVMANILAREPLIES@STATE.GOV    <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
21 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Only suggestion I can add is;  Contact the embassy about getting the letter/email for requiring the PC ...  I seem to remember one other being able to do this.

As the saying goes -no harm in asking.

Here is contact info for the embassy (do be patience the embassy is not quick replying, but they eventually do... more emails do NOT help)

Hey, thanks! This was exactly the kind of advice I was looking for (how to speed up the process) - very helpful!

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 6/8/2017 at 8:24 AM, GarryAndMarie said:

Just got mine two weeks ago but im in hk

the officer looks for case number and embassy or consulate address and the name of the applicant

nvc sent an email to my fiance that our case is on the way to hk consulate thats what i used to present in headquarters since my packet 3 arrived late

it is easy especially if you have somebody willing to help you to go to wan chai and submit the documents and payments

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, You&me15 said:

Just got mine two weeks ago but im in hk

the officer looks for case number and embassy or consulate address and the name of the applicant

nvc sent an email to my fiance that our case is on the way to hk consulate thats what i used to present in headquarters since my packet 3 arrived late

it is easy especially if you have somebody willing to help you to go to wan chai and submit the documents and payments

nice! My fiance is working there now, will travel back home when the forms leave the US to the PH. Schedule her medical and interview when back home, and then work on the HK PC papers.. (If thats how Im understanding the correct procedure of things)

download.jpgdownload.pngVJ.jpg

Timeline
23 hours ago, j N j said:

nice! My fiance is working there now, will travel back home when the forms leave the US to the PH. Schedule her medical and interview when back home, and then work on the HK PC papers.. (If thats how Im understanding the correct procedure of things)

Why not get the HK PC before leaving... much easy in person.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Why not get the HK PC before leaving... much easy in person.

I agree, wasnt sure if that was possible. How long are the clearance papers good for? and expiration on them?

download.jpgdownload.pngVJ.jpg

Timeline
8 hours ago, j N j said:

I agree, wasnt sure if that was possible. How long are the clearance papers good for? and expiration on them?

They don't expire, per sec, as long as she doesn't return for another extended stay it will cover her time there.  She gest the clearance about the time she is getting ready to leave HK.  

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.