stellamahoo

I-129f June 2017 filers (merged)

6,570 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
28 minutes ago, jwlussow said:

Yes, it does seem that many beneficiaries do not completely understand enough about what they are getting into here.  My fiancee is from the Philippines where there is little work and everybody has small side jobs just to make it through.  Being the USC in this one, I did go in with open eyes.  She is also bringing 2 teenagers with her.  I will have to be in a position to support all of them, including insurance.  They have very little savings and she will need that to pay her taxes and other bills for her home when she leaves.  She may rent but she is leaving furniture and large appliances there.  In the Philippines they do not rent furnished homes.  So we all know going in that it will be difficult probably for the first year.  She wants to work but that takes time for the work permit and Social Security Number.  When it comes down to it, they are worth any sacrifice I have to make.  We will make it through the tough spots because we were always destined to be together.  I am also lucky that my job will cover them as soon as we are married, which we plan to do right away.

You sound live you have a plan. I’ve sadly seen a few fail online even before to move because of financials and sacrifices. The two biggest aspects in our situation!

if we can survive this ride, we can survive anything! (Counting down the next two weeks till my partner flies in and we can celebrate our 6th anniversary in the meantime!! X) 

Edited by ThisGirlsCurls
Spelling

If the best things in life are free, why is a long distance relationship so expensive!?

3rd July 2017 - NOA1
14th February - RFE
24th April 2018 - NOA2
11th May 2018 - NVC received
xx/xx/xxxx - NVC Case Number # received
xx/xx/xxxx - Medical
xx/xx/xxxx - Interview 
xx/xx/xxxx - POE
xx/xx/xxxx - Married

11 minutes ago, ThisGirlsCurls said:

You sound live you have a plan. I’ve sadly seen a few fail online even before to move because of financials and sacrifices. The two biggest aspects in our situation!

if we can survive this ride, we can survive anything! (Counting down the next two weeks till my partner flies in and we can celebrate out 6th anniversary in the meantime!! X) 

It is really so important not to let the stress get in the way of the ultimate goal.  Communication is key.  I am much more detail oriented than she is (and most Filipinos I know...).  I am the one trying to get the GCP scheduled and pushing the police clearances.  I know we have time but the more we get done now the easier it will be.  Long story short is that she (and her kids) help me relax while I help them all understand that the culture here is a bit more schedule oriented and organized.  We are realizing how much we compliment each other and this journey has played a huge role in both of us understanding how much we need each other.  Yes, there is stress but together we can face it and prevail.

This site and all the great people here have shown me and taught me so much about the world and about how communication is a simple key to understanding.  Just like any family, we have all witnessed some arguments and differences of opinions.  All they show is that we are all in this together and we are all stressing over the same issues.  When all is said and done and we are in the arms of our loved ones, this will be nothing but a journey that we can smile about.

Happy 6th Anniversary.  I pray that there are dozens more for the two of you!

Edited by jwlussow

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
9 hours ago, Mini said:

You should

Thank you, Mini! Do you know where this can be done? The "Change of Address" form on the USCIS website only seems to be for the petitioner (https://egov.uscis.gov/coa/displayCOAInitForm.do). 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Has time seemed to slow for anyone else? I've really hit the Doldrums part of this journey...It feels like forever since I saw my fiancee and forever til I'll see her again...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 9:29 AM, janet3 said:

You are absolutely correct...

The USCIS timeline says they are working on January cases but March and April cases are being approved now. They do not go in order.....when I sent my petition in January 29th the average wait time was 85 days. And there were a couple of February filers that had their interviews long before I received my NOA2.

The petitions are almost always approved by USCIS  (99%). So it will come.....but the waiting is difficult. 

My fiance was always the more patient of the two of us  (I'm the hot headed southern woman that's not afraid to yell at people :D) The one thing this process is doing is teaching me....my fiance and I are really good together.....he has been my voice of reason. He is calm and patient and generous (even when I am ranting). And I have to constantly remind myself that I am not the one leaving everything I know to move half way round the world....

I did find comfort through VJ (and my fellow February filers) The people here are very kind and supportive. In fact, I have relied heavily on their knowledge and experience.

We are all in this together. It will all be worth it in the end....we just have to hold on for the ride.

Ahhh I feel like I wrote this myself, it is SO relatable!! Down to the Southern thing.. ;) My fiancé and I are literally the exact same combo. I have thin patience and have a hard time with things I have no control over. He keeps me calm and in check; it's one of the things we balance one another out in pretty well.

This process is definitely teaching me a lot of lessons. I'm hoping in the end, I will come out of it a better person, and not just because we'll finally be married. I hope I'm more patient, more understanding, more aware, than I am now. We happen to be both an international and an interracial couple, so our relationship itself has taught me a lot. What doesn't kill you definitely makes you stronger! And like I tell people who ask me how I can do this... well, the alternative is walking away from my literal better half. That's not acceptable, or even possible for me. So you just push on through! XO

Håll ut, y'all.

K1 Process                                                                                AOS Process

July 2015 - met online thanks to Zak Bagans                                                            May 25, 2018 - South Carolina marriage license issued

June 2016 - first in-person meeting                                                                             May 26, 2018 - legally married

August 2016 - stateside visit                                                                                        June 7, 2018 - applied for Social Security Number [manual verification required]

February-April 2017 - stateside visit                                                                           June 18, 2018 - SSN/card received in the mail

April 4, 2017 - got engaged                                                                                          June 30, 2018 - submitted I-485 (AOS)/I-765 (EAD)/I-131 (AP) together

June 5, 2017 - submitted I129F                                                                                   July 9, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP electronic NOA1 received

June 12, 2017 - received NOA1                                                                                   July 13, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP hard copy NOA1 received (dated July 6, 2018)

December 1, 2017 - received NOA2                                                                            July 25, 2018 - Biometrics appointment (Charlotte, NC)

January 17, 2018 - NVC received case                                                                      August 1, 2018 - case status updated to "Ready to be Scheduled for Interview"

January 18, 2018 - received NVC case number by phone                                      August 11, 2018 - case status updated to "I-485 Interview Scheduled"

January 24, 2018 - packet received via email                                                           August 16, 2018 - AOS Interview Scheduled letter received

February 15, 2018 - medical appointment                                                                 August 28, 2018 - visited civil surgeon (Winston-Salem, NC) to complete I-693

February-March 2018 - trip to Gothenburg                                                                                                [beneficiary had to get one remaining vaccination stateside]

February 22, 2018 - interview at the US Embassy in Stockholm                            September 18, 2018 - I-485/AOS Interview in Greer, SC

[passed, pending receipt of medical papers]                           September 18, 2018 - case status updated to "Card Has Been Issued/Mailed"

February 27, 2018 - medical papers received by Embassy                                     September 25, 2018 - Green Card received in the mail

March 5, 2018 - visa received in the mail with passport                                          October 6, 2018 - traditional wedding with family & friends

May 16, 2018 - POE in Charlotte, NC

Up next.... Removal of Conditions!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 0:16 AM, PK Adventure said:

So a quick update: my fiancé and I made it through immigration no problem! The officer didn't even mention the K-1 visa. It was a bit unusual for my fiancé because they usually ask him the basic questions about "purpose of trip", "length of trip", and "where are you staying", but this time, the officer didn't ask any questions. It may have been because we were traveling together. I hope it will go as smoothly for your fiancé!

I'm planning on going to the interview with him. Most people here say that it's best. It's just hard to plan when we're playing the waiting game :whistle:

Yay!!! I'm so glad you guys arrived so smoothly!

Oh, I hadn't heard that about attending the interview. Good to know it's considered more of a positive than a negative. I definitely want to go with him but it's exactly as you said - hard to plan that since it's all a waiting game, and you don't want to wait last minute to book a ticket. So who knows.

Enjoy your trip together!!!!!!! XO

Håll ut, y'all.

K1 Process                                                                                AOS Process

July 2015 - met online thanks to Zak Bagans                                                            May 25, 2018 - South Carolina marriage license issued

June 2016 - first in-person meeting                                                                             May 26, 2018 - legally married

August 2016 - stateside visit                                                                                        June 7, 2018 - applied for Social Security Number [manual verification required]

February-April 2017 - stateside visit                                                                           June 18, 2018 - SSN/card received in the mail

April 4, 2017 - got engaged                                                                                          June 30, 2018 - submitted I-485 (AOS)/I-765 (EAD)/I-131 (AP) together

June 5, 2017 - submitted I129F                                                                                   July 9, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP electronic NOA1 received

June 12, 2017 - received NOA1                                                                                   July 13, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP hard copy NOA1 received (dated July 6, 2018)

December 1, 2017 - received NOA2                                                                            July 25, 2018 - Biometrics appointment (Charlotte, NC)

January 17, 2018 - NVC received case                                                                      August 1, 2018 - case status updated to "Ready to be Scheduled for Interview"

January 18, 2018 - received NVC case number by phone                                      August 11, 2018 - case status updated to "I-485 Interview Scheduled"

January 24, 2018 - packet received via email                                                           August 16, 2018 - AOS Interview Scheduled letter received

February 15, 2018 - medical appointment                                                                 August 28, 2018 - visited civil surgeon (Winston-Salem, NC) to complete I-693

February-March 2018 - trip to Gothenburg                                                                                                [beneficiary had to get one remaining vaccination stateside]

February 22, 2018 - interview at the US Embassy in Stockholm                            September 18, 2018 - I-485/AOS Interview in Greer, SC

[passed, pending receipt of medical papers]                           September 18, 2018 - case status updated to "Card Has Been Issued/Mailed"

February 27, 2018 - medical papers received by Embassy                                     September 25, 2018 - Green Card received in the mail

March 5, 2018 - visa received in the mail with passport                                          October 6, 2018 - traditional wedding with family & friends

May 16, 2018 - POE in Charlotte, NC

Up next.... Removal of Conditions!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
On 21.08.2017 at 3:39 PM, Estibaliz said:

They don't need the police clearance certificate from the US, they can check that themselves when doing background checks :)

That's what i thought since is the most logic but still... preferred to make sure :):):) thank you!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello all! I'm a little late at posting to this thread. My fiancé and I began the process at the beginning of June. I went to visit him in July and waiting has been so much harder since I have returned home. Support, prayers (if you pray), and encouragement is needed! We were hoping to wed by the end of the year, but I'm not sure if that will happen. Im so ready to have him here. I'm just excited to know I'm not alone in this waiting game. 

05.31.17--Mailed I-129 F

06.06.17--NOA

09.22.17--CFO Seminar
12.23.17--NOA 2

01.24.18--NVC Received/Case Number Assigned

01.29.18-01.30.18--Medical--PASSED!

01.30.18--NVC "in transit"

01.31.18--Cased received by USEM

02.05.18--Interview--PASSED!

02.09.18--VOH

02.27.18--POE

03.07.18--SSN 

04.14.18--Wedding day ❤️

05.09.18--Mailed AoS Packet 

05.14.18--AoS Packet Received 

06.07.18--Biometrics

10.04.18--EAD/AP Received

12.21.18--AoS Interview (APPROVED)

12.31.18--Green Card in Hand ❤️ 

"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change." James 1:17 ESV

6 minutes ago, Allthephils said:

Hello all! I'm a little late at posting to this thread. My fiancé and I began the process at the beginning of June. I went to visit him in July and waiting has been so much harder since I have returned home. Support, prayers (if you pray), and encouragement is needed! We were hoping to wed by the end of the year, but I'm not sure if that will happen. Im so ready to have him here. I'm just excited to know I'm not alone in this waiting game. 

You are certainly not alone and I have been praying for all of us here.  The waiting is difficult but it is worth it for the prize at the end.  We all were dumb enough to fall in love with someone up to half way around the world.  We have survived the hardest part of the long distance relationship so the waiting isn't that tough. (yes it is...)  All the best to you.  I am going to Manila next week because this is taking so long and I need to see my future asawa and her amazing kids.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
11 hours ago, Anthony Elam said:

NOA1 6-7-2017 New York and the Philippines waiting patiently. The estimated time is Oct 13 - 19

Ours is 06/07 also, except we're FL and UK! Hopefully we get our NOA 2 within those dates or sooner!

12 hours ago, Anthony Elam said:

NOA1 6-7-2017 New York and the Philippines waiting patiently. The estimated time is Oct 13 - 19

Go ahead and schedule the GCP to get it over with.  I just scheduled my future asawa's seminar last night.  The first available in Manila was September 14.  She is booked and ready to go.  I was also able to help her get the Irish and Korean Police Certificates.  It feels good to get this little things out of the way so there is no rushing around later.

We are currently tracking an NOA2 for October 16.  We have very similar timelines.

I wish you the best of luck and a speedy approval.

IMG_5168.jpeg

14 minutes ago, Anthony Elam said:

Thanks for the good wishes! I don't know what a GCP is. Can anyone help me on this?

It is a required seminar that is hosted by the CFO (Commission for Filipinos Overseas).  The GCP is the Guidance and Counseling Program.  This is a requirement that will add another stamp to the passport.  Without the CFO stamp, she will not be allowed onto the plane to leave.  This is only a requirement in the Philippines.  Check out the information in the Philippine forum.  

IMG_5168.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.