1,454 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
On 9/7/2018 at 6:44 PM, MapleLeaf29 said:

We finally got our interview notice!!!  Interview scheduled for October 3rd.  

Congratulations! Can I ask which field office you will be interviewed at? I filed the I 485 on June 15th from San Francisco, but I don't receive any notice yet. I'm so tired of just waiting for the notice.😭

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Has anyone got the interview notice from San Francisco office recently? It has been 15 months since I filed I 485.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
31 minutes ago, Zhe Jin said:

Congratulations! Can I ask which field office you will be interviewed at? I filed the I 485 on June 15th from San Francisco, but I don't receive any notice yet. I'm so tired of just waiting for the notice.😭

Minneapolis/St. Paul.

Click here for K1:

Spoiler

11/19/2016                 Mailed I-129F packet
11/21/2016                 NOA1 received date
11/25/2016                 Date on NOA1 hard copy
11/28/2016                 NOA1 arrived in the mail
02/16/2017                 NOA2 (USCIS website and Case Tracker app)
02/21/2017                 NOA2 arrived in the mail
03/08/2017                 Case arrived at the NVC
03/09/2017                 NVC assigned case number
03/13/2017                 Case left the NVC
03/17/2017                 Case arrived in Montreal; status updated to "Ready"
03/17/2017                 Submitted DS-160
03/18/2017                 E-mailed Packet 3 to Montreal
03/20/2017                 Received Packet 4
04/26/2017                 Visa interview in Montreal - Approved!!!
04/27/2017                 CEAC status changed from "Administrative Processing" to "Visa Issued".
04/28/2017                 Visa arrived
05/29/2017                 POE Toronto (Pre-Clearance)/Minneapolis
06/01/2017                 Legal marriage
07/29/2017                 Wedding ceremony with family and friends

Marriage-Based Adjustment of Status:

06/16/2017                 Mailed AOS packet to Chicago lockbox

06/19/2017                 Chicago lockbox received

07/03/2017                 Notification texts & e-mails

07/12/2017                 NOA hard copies arrived in the mail

07/25/2017                 Biometrics letter arrived

08/02/2017                 Biometrics appointment

11/06/2017                 EAD and AP approval notice arrived in the mail

11/08/2017                 EAD card arrived (145 days after we sent our AOS packet)

03/15/2018                 Status changed to "Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview"

07/21/2018                 Submitted paperwork to renew EAD/AP

09/01/2018                 Interview notice arrived in the mail

10/03/2018                 AOS interview (474 days after we mailed our paperwork)

11/08/2018                 InfoPass appointment to inquire about green card.  Learned that our file had been moved to the
                                       storage room for approved cases, but had not been marked "approved" in the computer system.

11/16/2018                 Online case status changed to "approved" (44 days after AOS interview)

11/21/2018                 Green card was mailed

11/24/2018                 Green card arrived!!!!!  (526 days after applying for AOS)

We had the AOS interview in Atlanta on August 28, 2018, after filing June 5, 2017. We were not approved on the spot and had to wait 8 days before the IO called us to say approved. Today, September 10th, we got the I-797 approval notice in the mail and then an email saying that green card had been mailed. It took 15 months from filing to approval!  We did not have to get a new medical. 

Edited by Diane and Chris

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
9 hours ago, Diane and Chris said:

We had the AOS interview in Atlanta on August 28, 2018, after filing June 5, 2017. We were not approved on the spot and had to wait 8 days before the IO called us to say approved. Today, September 10th, we got the I-797 approval notice in the mail and then an email saying that green card had been mailed. It took 15 months from filing to approval!  We did not have to get a new medical. 

This is absolutely reassuring!
Did they issue you an RFE at all for medical and you ignored it? Or no one said anything at all?

because I've seen many get an RFE-- and they wonder if they should comply even though their medical was valid within 1 year when they filed.

Hello all, 

anyone here from dallas june 2017 filler ? 

I have got combocard in my hands but still no word on i130 or i485 and also they never sent i797 for i130. It feels like its taking forever. I had one rfe for birth certificate and thats it. Still no word. 

If anyone here please let me know your status, i really appreciate your response. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Got our notice that interview was scheduled. It was updated yrsterdsy(14th) but didn't get the notice until today(15th). We'll have to wait for notice in the mail since it wasn't in the online notice. 

This interview is for Atlanta, GA. I'm assuming we'll have it set for mid October.

Filed: Other Timeline
On 9/15/2018 at 6:17 PM, A&B_11.2017 said:

Hello all, 

anyone here from dallas june 2017 filler ? 

I have got combocard in my hands but still no word on i130 or i485 and also they never sent i797 for i130. It feels like its taking forever. I had one rfe for birth certificate and thats it. Still no word. 

If anyone here please let me know your status, i really appreciate your response. 

I am from dallas, filed June 2017. My status is still we are waiting to schedule your interview since September 2017. The wait is overwhelming.  I visited the dallas office twice, called them like 5 times but still getting the same information. I guess we just have to keep waiting 

1 minute ago, Beciee said:

I am from dallas, filed June 2017. My status is still we are waiting to schedule your interview since September 2017. The wait is overwhelming.  I visited the dallas office twice, called them like 5 times but still getting the same information. I guess we just have to keep waiting 

Yes, but my status is i485 pending they have not sent anything for i130. Have they sent you any update on i130 ? Or the just directly gave you pending interview ? Have you consulted any laywer ? 

Thank you for your response. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline

We are all at the same boat! Spoke with congressman and she said uscis is messed up and over 60 percent workers resigned from their job. And they are not hiring! She said a lot of political stuff going on. However one of my friend got the interview letter last week. Less than a year he is going an interview but he was married at 2015. He waited his wife to become a citizen. Wait that’s all we do. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Anyone from New York? I have not received an invitation for an interview yet and was wondering what are things looking like for New York applicants.

I applied to renew my EAD card back in May but have not received the new one yet.

Any color/info would be appreciated.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
5 hours ago, perucho22 said:

I applied to renew my EAD card back in May but have not received the new one yet.

I'm from Phoenix and applied to renew my EAD back in April. Still waiting for the new card, and the current one expires in a couple days. It's frustrating.

Timeline

Go to uscis website processing times. Choose I 131 and NBC. You will see I 131 takes 6 months to 8 months process. So you might get your  combo card December 2018. We are all at the same boat.

Edited by oguzksk

Timeline

We just got an update with uscis. The interview has been scheduled.

I know that they dont tell us the date of the interview but I know, we will receive an interview notice in the mail soon.

Two weeks ago I asked the congressman to expedite i -131 and wrote a long letter that my wife is sick and needs to go to Turkey for treatment. They denied and asked for evidence. SInce she feels better I did not go forward.

Two weeks later, received the interview notice. I guess this has kicked something. Just want to let you know.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.