Hector Jardim

Lottery visas

4 posts in this topic

I don't know if there's an interview process for this particular visa, I'm sure there is, but it can be fixed there. You could receive an RFE, or try calling or contacting the embassy or USCIS. 

Hope this is somewhat helpful! Good luck. 

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

@Hector Jardim, You will need to unlock the DS260 and correct the information.  You do this by emailing the KCC ( KCCDV@state.gov ) and providing your full name, date of birth and case number.  Request them to unlock the DS260.  They will let you know when the DS260 has been unlocked.  You go into the form, make the changes and then submit.

Do not wait until the interview.  The KCC do checks based on what you have submitted in the DS260.  If you present new information in the interview, the Consular Officer could put you into Administrative Processing (which is dangerous for any DV applicant given the visa must be approved and in your passport by Sept 30).

@Jordan8768, there is an interview process for DV applicants.  There is no RFE and it's not advisable to wait until interview to correct errors because of the finite nature of DV visas (they must be issued prior to the end of the fiscal year or the visa is lost).

2 hours ago, Hector Jardim said:

I have a question!! I was selected in the lottery visa for this year. I field the formulary Ds-260 but I wrote the wrong information about my wife in one question. What do I do? Because I sended the application now. Thanks for your help

54 minutes ago, Jordan8768 said:

I don't know if there's an interview process for this particular visa, I'm sure there is, but it can be fixed there. You could receive an RFE, or try calling or contacting the embassy or USCIS. 

Hope this is somewhat helpful! Good luck. 

I'm sure Jordan is trying to be helpful but that post is irrelevant for DV. 

Hector, email KCC at the email address given for them in your selection letter and ask them to unlock your DS260 so you can correct it. Remember to include your full name, case number and birthdate in US format. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.