luisjohn123

IMB Thaicupid

8 posts in this topic

Hello,

I'm preparing to file for my fiance who is from Laos but the question I'm stuck on is 

55. Which says if I met her through an international marriage broker. I don't know if thaicupid falls into that category but i was able to send her a message there and then we went on to chat on facebook, etc...

My question is should I check the box yes or if no then should i include their terms and conditions and explain to them that's it's not iMB since I'm going to say we met online. 

All help is welcome! Thanks again!

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
On 6/3/2017 at 5:58 PM, luisjohn123 said:

Hello, sorry for the late reply and no I did not pay for the service. However, should I just check No in the question on the application and show them the terms of use? Tahnks again for the help?

No I don't think that thai cupid is a marriage broker. I  met my fiancee on Vietnam Cupid and if you read the terms and conditions is states they are not a marriage broker but just a paid site to meet others.

Mike & Tuyen

First Meeting

Second Meeting

Engaged

I-129F Sent :

I-129F NOA1 :

I-129F NOA2 :                              

NVC # Received

Interview Date   

Interview Result

Visa in Hand 

POE SFO                        

Married!!!!!!!

AOS/EAP/AP Mailed

AOS/EAP/AP NOA1

Biometrics Portland

Interview Portland

2016-09-30TuyenMike.jpg.07bbb29ef41b057de949396e27a8063c.jpg

2017-02-14

2017-02-18

2017-04-17

2017-04-24

2017-09-18

2017-09-30

2017-10-20

APPROVED!!!!!

2017-10-28

2017-11-14

2017-12-04

2018-02-02

2018-02-17

2018-03-14

2018-05-10

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I also met my fiance through VietnamCupid.  I emailed them and within hours, they sent a response that I will attach to our K1 application.  They provide a thorough explanation of why they are not a marriage broker.  

I'm also including a short letter of explanation and the terms of service.

Good luck! - Jason

• 6 months later...
Timeline
On 6/27/2017 at 4:55 PM, Mike & Tuyen said:

No I don't think that thai cupid is a marriage broker. I  met my fiancee on Vietnam Cupid and if you read the terms and conditions is states they are not a marriage broker but just a paid site to meet others.

where did you see this because i am looking on vietnam cupid now and i do not see where it states "they are not a marriage broker".  what did you put in your application?

Timeline
On 6/28/2017 at 9:23 AM, JasonGG said:

I also met my fiance through VietnamCupid.  I emailed them and within hours, they sent a response that I will attach to our K1 application.  They provide a thorough explanation of why they are not a marriage broker.  

I'm also including a short letter of explanation and the terms of service.

Good luck! - Jason

I have emailed them numerous times in regards to this and i have not had any response.  Can you sent me a copy of that?    I need to attach something to my 129f that states they are not a marriage broker. 

Timeline

rafaeltost - this is the e-mail I received.  It comes from team@vietnamcupid.com.  Good luck to you!  - Jason

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Dear member,

Thank you for contacting us.

The intention of the International Marriage Broker Regulation Act of 2005 was to
regulate International Marriage Brokers and not to regulate online dating
companies. There are several fundamental differences between international
marriage brokers and online dating websites. This is why the International Marriage
Broker Regulation Act specifically exempts online dating companies from being
classified as an International Marriage Broker in section 4 (B) (ii) of the
International Marriage Broker Regulation Act of 2005.

Section 4 (B) (ii) of IMBRA exempts dating companies:

If its principal business is not to provide dating services between US citizens (or
residents) and foreign nationals and so long as it charges comparable rates and
offers comparable services to all individuals regardless of gender or country of
citizenship. Our company meets the above conditions required for an exemption
under Section 4 (B) (ii).
Specifically:

• Our principal business is not to provide dating services between US citizens and
foreign nationals. “Principal Business” as described under Section 4 (B) (ii) of
IMBRA relates to the principal business of the corporate entity as a whole and not
to the characteristics of an individual website operated by a business. We are not a
US company and we have paying and non paying customers from all over the
world. The number of non US men vastly outnumber the number of US men who
use our various dating websites. We are a diversified online dating company
operating a wide range of online dating services. Many of our dating sites attract
large number of users seeking a partner within their country. We operate websites
based on religion, occupation, sexual orientation or special interest where the
majority of people seek a partner within their own country. US men seeking a
foreign partner does not constitute the majority of our business.

• Our websites charge comparable prices regardless of gender. The price of
membership is identical for men and women.

• Our websites charge comparable prices regardless of country of citizenship. The
price of membership does not depend upon the citizenship of the individual. We
are an Australian company and our base price is in Australian Dollars. For
convenience we offer consumers the ability to pay in their local currency. The price
that a consumer pays will depend upon local taxes (if any), foreign exchange
fluctuations, the cost of doing business in that market and various other factors.
Prices are comparable for consumers in every market.

• Our websites have identical features and offer comparable services regardless of
gender. The website features and services offered are comparable for men and
women. When a user registers on one of our websites the user creates a detailed
profile. Male and female profiles are comparable. Male and female users have the
ability to perform a detailed search on the database or use any of the same site
features. The websites provide comparable features to any user of a particular
grade irrespective of the users gender.

Consequently, our company is exempt from The International Marriage Broker
Regulation Act 2005 as it falls within this exemption provided by Section 4 (B) (ii)
of the International Marriage Broker Regulation Act. Most other online dating
companies would be similarly exempted.

However, as a service to our members, we provide an optional IMBRA form on all
our websites for US residents to complete the required IMBRA background
information.  To complete the IMBRA form, logon to the website then select
Update Profile, then select the IMBRA tab. The completed form may be printed
from our website if desired. This may assist our members who wish to apply for
USA K non-immigrant visa in future.

Full information regarding IMBRA can be found at
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Marriage_Broker_Regulation_Act

team@VietnamCupid.com

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.