winner

How long does it take to receive a work permit after biometrics?

28 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Kenya
Timeline

Kiss my bottoms! I did not advice YOU!

We need an advice here for people to wait BEFORE sending their EAD. The rule should go like this:if your file gets transfered to California, DO NOT mail the EAD.Otherwise, mail off the EAD. DO NOT mail the EAD with the AOS otherwise you risk waiting $180 for the EAD you may never need.

pretty crappy advice IMHO. To pay $180 to get some insurance in case you get stuck for a few months, not so bad in my book. Think of it like this : many people could earn that back in a WEEK or two. Interim benefits are very important, and its irresponsible to suggest otherwise to OTHERS. Make your decision for yourself, but don't *advise*.

AOS process

Sent I-485, I-765 packet on 3/1/07

Biometrics 3/29/07

Transferred to CSC 4/6/07

Touched 5/8/07

Touched 5/9/07

EAD approved/card ordered 5/21/2007

6/25/07: RFE for DS-3025,copy of marriage license and I-693A, all originally sent to the clowns.

AOS approved July 5, 2007; Card production ordered and welcome letters sent.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline
We need an advice here for people to wait BEFORE sending their EAD. The rule should go like this:if your file gets transfered to California, DO NOT mail the EAD.Otherwise, mail off the EAD. DO NOT mail the EAD with the AOS otherwise you risk waiting $180 for the EAD you may never need.

pretty crappy advice IMHO. To pay $180 to get some insurance in case you get stuck for a few months, not so bad in my book. Think of it like this : many people could earn that back in a WEEK or two. Interim benefits are very important, and its irresponsible to suggest otherwise to OTHERS. Make your decision for yourself, but don't *advise*.

:thumbs:

this is the way the world ends

not with a bang but a whimper

[ts eliot]

aos timeline:

married: jan 5, 2007

noa 1: march 2nd, 2007

interview @ tampa, fl office: april 26, 2007

green card received: may 5, 2007

removal of conditions timeline:

03/26/2009 - received in VSC

07/20/2009 - card production ordered!

well ok then! :thumbs:

I am responding now only because you are sorely misinformed. There are people who do not get transferred to CSC and get approved quicker! You are in no position to suggest *advicing* people as you are, and in no way should ANYONE on here advise something in this manner. Anecdotal evidence should be shared, and the person asking for suggestions should make up their own mind based on reading the facts on the instructions and listening to anectodal evidence. Not some "rule" as you put it. ;)

Timeline

But you were saying we should advise people of that...and it's bad advice. Calm down.

[ts eliot]

aos timeline:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

I agree, the EAD is just playing it safe and what are $180 after all the fees, the plane tickest along the years and stuff?Our case was transfered to California yesterday and Eric and I will be very happy if those $180 for the EAD end up being 'wasted'.

~ AOS Journey ~

03/08/2007: AOS/EAD sent

03/16/2007: NOA AOS/EAD

03/21/2007: Touched

04/05/2007: Biometrics

04/09/2007: Touched

04/11/2007: Case transferred to CSC

05/16/2007: Case pending at CSC

05/17/2007: AOS Touched

05/24/2007: EAD Touched

05/29/2007: EAD Approved (82 days)

06/19/2007: AOS Approved (93 days)

Timeline

I agree, the EAD is just playing it safe and what are $180 after all the fees, the plane tickest along the years and stuff?Our case was transfered to California yesterday and Eric and I will be very happy if those $180 for the EAD end up being 'wasted'.

:thumbs: For sure. Our interview is in two weeks and if we are approved, I am not going to mind the 180 dollars. The EAD is insurance if you don't get the green card quickly, I'll just be grateful for having the green card, an extra 180 dollars will NOT make a difference.

[ts eliot]

aos timeline:

o/\o <- High five.

I applied in January for my EAD and I am still waiting..........I know it is frustrating but you only applied in March. There are tons of other people who are waiting 'patiently' before you, including February filers.

You will get the EAD soon, in the mean time try and look at things in a positive light and enjoy being stuck at home like the rest of us. :whistle:

carmel x

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I had choosen to not apply for AP in case we got approved early. Which hopefully we will and in that case we would have saved 180. But, I did know that I needed to start working no matter how long the GC took to get. Also, there wasn't much of recent AOS filers on here at my local office to see how long it had been taking to get GC. So, we did what we could afford at the time and in the future. Best wishes,

Kristina

Feb 25, 2006... Submitted I-129F

Jan 4, 2007... Interview date Visa in Passport

Jan 30,2007... POE Blaine Washington, Pacific Truck Crossing

March 8, 2007... Mailed AOS and EAD

May 21, 2007... AOS application APPROVED with interview (Day 67)WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO

May 29, 2007... GREEN CARD ARRIVES.. and email from CRIS approval notice sent (Day 75)

Sept 25, 2008... Moved to the UK

Feb 24, 2009... Mailed I-751 to CSC from UK

December 30, 2009... Approval notice!!

Jan 9, 2010... 10 year GREEN CARD arrives.

May 31, 2012... Express Mailed N-400 application to the Nebraska Service Center for military spouses filing overseas

Jun 11, 2012... NOA date and Cheque cashed Day 11

Jun 28, 2012... Placed in line for interview scheduling Day 28

Jul 20, 2012... Email from USCIS London for info to schedule interview Day 50

Sep 1, 2012... Moved back to the USA

Sep 12, 2012... Email from USCIS London scheduled for interview/oath Sept 28th in the UK(will be day 120)

Nov 26, 2012... Had submitted change of addresses. Notification that I have again been scheduled for interview Day 179

Dec 1, 2012... Letter arrived Day 184 with new interview date Jan 4, 2013 (Will be day 218)

event.png

Timeline
Bend over, winner.

And it won't be for a kiss.

:thumbs::lol:

[ts eliot]

aos timeline:

Bend over, winner.

And it won't be for a kiss.

Need a hand, Rebecca? Or rather...a foot? :whistle:

smilie_s.gifsmilie_h.gifsmilie_a.gifsmilie_r.gifsmilie_o.gifsmilie_n.gif

"Life is not measured by how many breaths we take but rather by the moments that take our breath away"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.