6 posts in this topic

Hi I wish to ask if anyone here who have a case like mine. my husband file DCF IR1 at USCIS Manila last December 1, 2016 and got approved December 15, 2016 my husband passed away on plane to Los Angeles. I have informed IVmanila about my husband's sudden passing and they have converted my IR1 to IW last March 28, 2017 after I send them a copy of my husband's Death Certi. I have completed online form DS-260 and got my confirmation and says that NVC will not review your form DS-260 until they have received the required financial and civil documents that I must also submit. Been calling Immigrant Visa manila hotline but they just couldn't give me answers. I am hoping that someone could enlighten me. My questions are 

1.) Am I eligible for I-864W? will they automatically convert the I-130 to I-360?

2.) Where can I possibly send the documents since my first digits are MNL?

3.) will I need a joint sponsor?

4) have 2 young kids, both a US citizen will this help me push through my Immigrant Visa?

I will highly appreciate all your help and answers to my queries

• 7 months later...

Je suis dans la même situation Mon mari est un citoyen américain qui est mort après l'approbation de i-130 J'ai appelé nvc et leur ai parlé de la mort et ils ont converti i-130 en pétition i-360 pour veuve Maintenant j'attends l'interview au consulat au Maroc, je veux demander si vous avez été approuvé et obtenu le visa?

Edited by Ilam el

On 5/24/2017 at 3:23 AM, ChristinePhipps said:

Hi I wish to ask if anyone here who have a case like mine. my husband file DCF IR1 at USCIS Manila last December 1, 2016 and got approved December 15, 2016 my husband passed away on plane to Los Angeles. I have informed IVmanila about my husband's sudden passing and they have converted my IR1 to IW last March 28, 2017 after I send them a copy of my husband's Death Certi. I have completed online form DS-260 and got my confirmation and says that NVC will not review your form DS-260 until they have received the required financial and civil documents that I must also submit. Been calling Immigrant Visa manila hotline but they just couldn't give me answers. I am hoping that someone could enlighten me. My questions are 

1.) Am I eligible for I-864W? will they automatically convert the I-130 to I-360?

2.) Where can I possibly send the documents since my first digits are MNL?

4) have 2 young kids, both a US citizen will this help me push through my Immigrant Visa?

I will highly appreciate all your help and answers to my queries

Hi ChristinePhipps

Thank you for sharing your situation right now.  We empathize with you and your family in what sounds like a very challenging situation.   We too experience some difficulties in processing immigrant visa, but by God's grace and with the help of the right people we were able to pressed on towards the goal. 

Though we barely have  knowledge about immigrant Visa as the widow/widower of a U.S. citizen, we will suggest that you contact directly through email the USCIS MANILA FIELD OFFICE.  Here's their email address: CIS, MPH Inquiry <MPHInquiry.CIS@uscis.dhs.gov>

They are good in providing updates and are kind enough to provide answers to related inquiries, and they also make recommendations to which department if not to them you need to communicate your case.  However, we know for a fact that they are the one responsible in handling I-130 processing through Direct Consular Filing.  Our hope is that they will properly address your concerns. 

Also, if its your intention is to immigrate to United States with your US Citizen Children and establish yourselves here, you may also want to get in touch with your deceased husband's district congressman's who are handling the state your husband where previously a residence. Most of them have case worker, and you can communicate with them through emails. The reason we are suggesting this option because  it works with us and the moment we communicate our immigration situation with them, the case worker from the Congressman's District Office who were assigned in handling immigration concerns like ours did her best and communicate our situation to the USCIS congressional liaison  and thank God the USCIS congressional liaison  provided crystal clear options for us to follow and consider doing. :) Like we said, we tried these two options and it works with us to finding and knowing what to do.  

Did some reading, and this might help you: 

Q. As a widow(er) of a U.S. citizen, am I required to submit a Form I-864, Affidavit of Support?

A. No.  Under the INA, a widow(er) of a citizen and his or her accompanying children are not required to submit Form I-864, Affidavit of Support.

Please see more here: https://www.uscis.gov/archive/archive-news/fact-sheet-uscis-process-applications-widowers-deceased-us-citizens

BUT, we suggest that you will communicate all your concerns related with Form I-360 to CIS, MPH Inquiry <MPHInquiry.CIS@uscis.dhs.gov>

Hope this helps, and be encourage.  God bless your processing and your family.  Praying with you

Edited by Haltom Family

Our Family 

Joshua, a music lover, and Tennessee born guy met Lady Lyn, a Filipina in an online Yahoo Christian Chat while both of them were praising God in a different way.  The latter was bullied by some chatters, and courageous Joshua rescued her like a damsel in distress, that was where a new chapter of life begun with the two of them. Their marriage is blessed in many forms including of rewarding them with a beautiful and joyful baby girl named Abigail Exodus Haltom which named perfectly represents their love and life story as a family.

VisaJourney is always a part of where we are as a family, so THANK YOU!!!  

"To give back, you can message us here for your Fiancee, IR1/CR1 visa or DCF related inquiry or visit us in the following social medias."  

Instagram

Twitter

FB Page

www.haltomfamily.wordpress.com

Our DCF Journey 

Our K1 to I-130 Application Journey

DCF I-130 US Embassy Manila Application to Approval

Our assurance is God’s words.

But as for you, be strong and courageous, for your work will be rewarded.” -2 Chronicles 15:7

I'm in the same situation My husband is a US citizen who died after  i-130 was approved I called nvc and told them about the death and they converted i-130  to i-360 petition for widow Now I am waiting for the interview at the consulate in Morocco I want to ask if you have been approved and got the visa?

Hi Ilam el! they converted mine to IW1 category, before my interview I had my medical examination and gladly I was able to pass the medical examination so as my interview at US embassy Manila. It all went well with the help of prayers and with the guidance of my new angel. I didn't expect they would give me a discount from the fee for being a widow in my interview.

Hi ChristinePhipps

Thank you for sharing your situation right now.  We empathize with you and your family in what sounds like a very challenging situation.   We too experience some difficulties in processing immigrant visa, but by God's grace and with the help of the right people we were able to pressed on towards the goal. 

Though we barely have  knowledge about immigrant Visa as the widow/widower of a U.S. citizen, we will suggest that you contact directly through email the USCIS MANILA FIELD OFFICE.  Here's their email address: CIS, MPH Inquiry <MPHInquiry.CIS@uscis.dhs.gov>

They are good in providing updates and are kind enough to provide answers to related inquiries, and they also make recommendations to which department if not to them you need to communicate your case.  However, we know for a fact that they are the one responsible in handling I-130 processing through Direct Consular Filing.  Our hope is that they will properly address your concerns. 

Also, if its your intention is to immigrate to United States with your US Citizen Children and establish yourselves here, you may also want to get in touch with your deceased husband's district congressman's who are handling the state your husband where previously a residence. Most of them have case worker, and you can communicate with them through emails. The reason we are suggesting this option because  it works with us and the moment we communicate our immigration situation with them, the case worker from the Congressman's District Office who were assigned in handling immigration concerns like ours did her best and communicate our situation to the USCIS congressional liaison  and thank God the USCIS congressional liaison  provided crystal clear options for us to follow and consider doing. :) Like we said, we tried these two options and it works with us to finding and knowing what to do.  

Q. As a widow(er) of a U.S. citizen, am I required to submit a Form I-864, Affidavit of Support?

A. No.  Under the INA, a widow(er) of a citizen and his or her accompanying children are not required to submit Form I-864, Affidavit of Support.

Please see more here: https://www.uscis.gov/archive/archive-news/fact-sheet-uscis-process-applications-widowers-deceased-us-citizens

BUT, we suggest that you will communicate all your concerns related with Form I-360 to CIS, MPH Inquiry <MPHInquiry.CIS@uscis.dhs.gov>

Hope this helps, and be encourage.  God bless your processing and your family.  Praying with you

Thank you so much for all your advice mam! I was able to get through the interview last October of 2017, I got so emotional the day before the interview as I recall all the wonderful memories I have with my late husband and I think he was with me all the time during my interview and I just can't believe when the consul said "Congratulations!..you're approve" I immediately felt the relief of tension and stress. Now looking forward to the new chapter of my life with my 2 young kids. ;)

12 hours ago, ChristinePhipps said:

Hi ChristinePhipps

Though we barely have  knowledge about immigrant Visa as the widow/widower of a U.S. citizen, we will suggest that you contact directly through email the USCIS MANILA FIELD OFFICE.  Here's their email address: CIS, MPH Inquiry <MPHInquiry.CIS@uscis.dhs.gov>

Also, if its your intention is to immigrate to United States with your US Citizen Children and establish yourselves here, you may also want to get in touch with your deceased husband's district congressman's who are handling the state your husband where previously a residence. Most of them have case worker, and you can communicate with them through emails. The reason we are suggesting this option because  it works with us and the moment we communicate our immigration situation with them, the case worker from the Congressman's District Office who were assigned in handling immigration concerns like ours did her best and communicate our situation to the USCIS congressional liaison  and thank God the USCIS congressional liaison  provided crystal clear options for us to follow and consider doing. :) Like we said, we tried these two options and it works with us to finding and knowing what to do.  

Thank you so much for all your advice mam! I was able to get through the interview last October of 2017, I got so emotional the day before the interview as I recall all the wonderful memories I have with my late husband and I think he was with me all the time during my interview and I just can't believe when the consul said "Congratulations!..you're approve" I immediately felt the relief of tension and stress. Now looking forward to the new chapter of my life with my 2 young kids. ;)

Praise God.  That's great.  So you have your immigrant visa sent to you?  After you completed the interview? Sorry we got a little bit confused, you didn't mentioned in your first post that you already completed your Immigrant interview at the consulate last October 2017.  Its seems like there's no problem anymore?  You can migrate anytime now. :) 

Edited by Haltom Family

Our Family 

Joshua, a music lover, and Tennessee born guy met Lady Lyn, a Filipina in an online Yahoo Christian Chat while both of them were praising God in a different way.  The latter was bullied by some chatters, and courageous Joshua rescued her like a damsel in distress, that was where a new chapter of life begun with the two of them. Their marriage is blessed in many forms including of rewarding them with a beautiful and joyful baby girl named Abigail Exodus Haltom which named perfectly represents their love and life story as a family.

VisaJourney is always a part of where we are as a family, so THANK YOU!!!  

"To give back, you can message us here for your Fiancee, IR1/CR1 visa or DCF related inquiry or visit us in the following social medias."  

Instagram

Twitter

FB Page

www.haltomfamily.wordpress.com

Our DCF Journey 

Our K1 to I-130 Application Journey

DCF I-130 US Embassy Manila Application to Approval

Our assurance is God’s words.

But as for you, be strong and courageous, for your work will be rewarded.” -2 Chronicles 15:7

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.