25 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

hello everyone; has anyone here used rapid visa? I was actually thinking I should do it myself (the cr-1 process) without assistance because it will save me money. But, recently I've spoken with 2 different people who did the process alone and it took over 2 years! So basically I'm trying to figure out if it's worth it to pay the extra 700 some dollars to Rapid Visa.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Ashley

Edited by ashcashbananas

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Like above, RapidVisa will fill out paperwork for you with the information you give; but it doesn't speed it up any faster. Typically a CR-1 for a USC takes 12-14 months, for a GC holder(LPR) it can take 24 months about. 

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

I agree, you are pretty much in control.  you have to make sure that you follow all the instructions and fill every form out very carefully, that way you don't get any RFE which can slow down your process.

Timeline
27 minutes ago, Scandi said:

Rapid Visa can't speed anything up, neither can a lawyer. The only way to try to "speed it up" is by doing everything right, that way you avoid RFEs that can potentionally slow down your process. 

You still need to do the absolute majority of the work yourself. Rapid Visa will only do the easiest parts and bill you for it.

That's what I thought! Thank you for the info. I'll definitely be doing this without legal assistance!

Timeline
26 minutes ago, Ben&Zian said:

Like above, RapidVisa will fill out paperwork for you with the information you give; but it doesn't speed it up any faster. Typically a CR-1 for a USC takes 12-14 months, for a GC holder(LPR) it can take 24 months about. 

I've heard from many people it takes 8, 9, 10 months. Only recently learning it takes years. 😔😔

I would say it depends, I submitted my I-130 Nov 2017 and I am now at the NVC stage, the problem is that they are backup and are taking longer to process petitions.  it use to be 60 days and now is 11 weeks.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Sol1427 said:

I would say it depends, I submitted my I-130 Nov 2017 and I am now at the NVC stage, the problem is that they are backup and are taking longer to process petitions.  it use to be 60 days and now is 11 weeks.

oh wow, really?? That's so crazy! 11 weeks! Well, I guess I have to do what I have to do and wait when I have to wait, but I hope it will not take me very long. I will send in my CR-1 visa request June 19! I will probably  be posting a lot of questions on here to make sure that every little thing is exactly like it is supposed to be. Did you use a lawyer or did you do it alone?

5 hours ago, ashcashbananas said:

oh wow, really?? That's so crazy! 11 weeks! Well, I guess I have to do what I have to do and wait when I have to wait, but I hope it will not take me very long. I will send in my CR-1 visa request June 19! I will probably  be posting a lot of questions on here to make sure that every little thing is exactly like it is supposed to be. Did you use a lawyer or did you do it alone?

No problem we are here to help eachother out with questions.. Good luck 

6 hours ago, ashcashbananas said:

Yeah it looks like everybody is alittle backed up right now. So make sure you read the guides here on this site and you should be fine honestly. A lawyer can not speed anything up, and in fact it has been shown in a few cases on here where it has actually slowed down the whole process. I used a lawyer for my wife's K1 only because I was working in the Middle East at the time, but for her AOS and ROC I just used the guides on here and everything went fine. 

So just save the money and use this site you will be fine. If you have a question we are here to help. If there is a Morocco specific question you can go to that subforum to help you out if needed. 

11 hours ago, ashcashbananas said:

I've heard from many people it takes 8, 9, 10 months. Only recently learning it takes years. 😔😔

USCIS and NVC Slowed again in the past year. It was 9-10 months two years ago say.

Timeline
42 minutes ago, cyberfx1024 said:

Yeah it looks like everybody is alittle backed up right now. So make sure you read the guides here on this site and you should be fine honestly. A lawyer can not speed anything up, and in fact it has been shown in a few cases on here where it has actually slowed down the whole process. I used a lawyer for my wife's K1 only because I was working in the Middle East at the time, but for her AOS and ROC I just used the guides on here and everything went fine. 

So just save the money and use this site you will be fine. If you have a question we are here to help. If there is a Morocco specific question you can go to that subforum to help you out if needed. 

Yes!! I spoke with someone who said the lawyer slowed down her process.. thank you for the info and advice!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I used rapid visa and they are meticulous. They will make sure your petition is overloaded with info. Yes, they charge a fee but I'm the Philippines they have an office by the embassy where my then fiancee got to stop in and they helped her organize everything....walked her through the process and generally made her incredibly at ease. That was worth the money in of itself. And though they can't guarantee a visa, they do give your money back if your visa is denied as long as you were forth right with everything and didn't lie about something.  All before I ever found this site, I don't regret it a bit though.

19 hours ago, ashcashbananas said:

hello everyone; has anyone here used rapid visa? I was actually thinking I should do it myself (the cr-1 process) without assistance because it will save me money. But, recently I've spoken with 2 different people who did the process alone and it took over 2 years! So basically I'm trying to figure out if it's worth it to pay the extra 700 some dollars to Rapid Visa.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Ashley

Cr1 can sometimes take 2 or 3 years. It just depends. Rapid visa or lawyers cannot speed up the process. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.