Xosorry

Husband charged with domestic abuse breaks restraining order

49 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, Xosorry said:

So he won't be deported at all? What about when the divorce is finalized? He did not respond to the petition, so that should be over fairly quickly. Will he be able to renew his residency once he has a misdemeanor DV and broke a restraining order? 

Are you sure you really want the father of your child deported? 

I understand that he has hurt you but you must also put into consideration your child who may never see his/her father again. 

Just try to relax and take your time to make decisions. Good luck dear 

4 hours ago, Xosorry said:

Thank you. I am receiving such conflicting messages on leaving him or not, but the truth is this was just the end of a very abusive cycle, a lot more damage was done. He is great with his words- he can fool everyone, he's fooled past court rooms. He fools me into thinking he will change, every time. I love him so much but he never changes. 

With the new information he reminds me of my ex-husband.

My ex i am sure has BPD.  He destroyed me.  Eventually reached a point where i lost my memory, and now he continues to abuse my daughters.

please stay far away.  My ex too genuinely has a core heartvof gold - he will give away what he has to help people - even today 8 years after divorce he could 'kill' someone who hurts me... and yet till today he continues to destroy us all.

If he has punched your face, says what he does ( its part of weakening their victims) can sweet talk anybody that's a terribly dangerous person.  F it that he may be good at heart.  Your child is better off without him.

my daughter is on anti depressants at the moment and i wont go into details of how he has broken the kids spirits - STAY AWAY.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

He may be put into a ICE detention facility til court, he may be released with check in and cash bond til then, he may just be released and told show up for immigration court when the mail notice comes. I mean, that is basically what happens to anyone who is placed into proceedings for any reason. 

Edited by sparkles_

**Adjusting from initial Q1/changed to B1 then overstay, termination of removal proceedings**

(STAND ALONE i-130/TERMINATION OF REMOVAL)

First met: Totally random by asking for directions, June 2014 while on vacation at Disney World (L)

Engaged: Aug. 21, 2014

Married: Dec. 1, 2014

ICE phone contact: sometime in early Dec. 2014- Co-operated, retained attorney who advised the same.

Filed stand alone i-130: January 2015 (VSC)

ICE home visit, schedule time to go to DHS office and NTA issued, date TBD, was not detained and released on own recognizance within an hour: January, 2015.

NOA1: Feb. 20, 2015.

Transfer to CSC to balance workloads: August 2015

1)First Master Calendar Hearing: Sept. 9, 2015-Continued based on pending i-130, new court date in 6mo.

Congressional Inquiry: Dec 8. 2015

***i-130 APPROVED WITHOUT INTERVIEW: Dec. 21, 2015** :dancing:

2)Second Master Hearing: March 9, 2016- Removal proceedings terminated w/o prejudice based on approved i-130!! Remanded to USCIS to begin AOS process :dance:

(AOS AFTER TERMINATION)

Filed AOS packet: March 16, 2016.

NOA1: March 21, 2016.

Biometrics: April 20, 2016.

RFE Initial evidence: April 21, 2016 for birth cert/translation and Q1/B1 i94s

RFE response received: May 10, 2016.

EAD approval: May 25, 2016- Card arrived at attorney's office! Could not pick up until May 30 because we were at Disney World again :):D

Notice of missing medical exam: July 2016 (Done on purpose to avoid expiration, we will bring it to the interview as stated in notice)

Inquiry about case status: Sept 2016- Case pending interview at local office.

Inquiry about case status again: Oct. 2016- Due to factors not related to your case, anticipate a delay in processing

HAPPY 2YR ANNIVERSARY TO US!!

Infopass #1 at local office: Dec. 19, 2016- Case pending background/security checks, advised when to renew EAD #2

Waiting on interview at local office...... :clock:

Sent EAD renewal: Feb 10, 2016

EAD#2 NOA1: March 3, 2016

INTERVIEW SCHEDULED!!: interview on March 27, 2017

Text notification, new card being produced: March 29, 2017!!!

*~*~*~*818 DAYS TOTAL*~*~*~

"A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor."

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
2 minutes ago, sparkles_ said:

He may be put into a ICE detention facility til court, he may be released with check in and cash bond til then, he may just be released and told show up for immigration court when the mail notice comes. I mean, that is basically what happens to anyone who is placed into proceedings for any reason. 

He may receive nothing at all 

Timeline
Just now, Transborderwife said:

He may receive nothing at all 

This too. Just because a person has committed a 'deportable' offense, doesn't mean they are always placed in proceedings. It is like luck of the draw with that.

**Adjusting from initial Q1/changed to B1 then overstay, termination of removal proceedings**

First met: Totally random by asking for directions, June 2014 while on vacation at Disney World (L)

ICE phone contact: sometime in early Dec. 2014- Co-operated, retained attorney who advised the same.

ICE home visit, schedule time to go to DHS office and NTA issued, date TBD, was not detained and released on own recognizance within an hour: January, 2015.

1)First Master Calendar Hearing: Sept. 9, 2015-Continued based on pending i-130, new court date in 6mo.

2)Second Master Hearing: March 9, 2016- Removal proceedings terminated w/o prejudice based on approved i-130!! Remanded to USCIS to begin AOS process :dance:

(AOS AFTER TERMINATION)

EAD approval: May 25, 2016- Card arrived at attorney's office! Could not pick up until May 30 because we were at Disney World again :):D

Notice of missing medical exam: July 2016 (Done on purpose to avoid expiration, we will bring it to the interview as stated in notice)

Inquiry about case status again: Oct. 2016- Due to factors not related to your case, anticipate a delay in processing

Infopass #1 at local office: Dec. 19, 2016- Case pending background/security checks, advised when to renew EAD #2

21 minutes ago, sparkles_ said:

This too. Just because a person has committed a 'deportable' offense, doesn't mean they are always placed in proceedings. It is like luck of the draw with that.

Interesting. I don't know why he didn't research it before throwing himself back in. I just want him to get some mental help at this point. It's too painful to watch his self destructive, impulsive ways. I thank everyone for the advice. 

• 3 weeks later...
On May 22, 2017 at 8:00 PM, Xosorry said:

He beat my face in. He was charged with a felony, but plead guilty to a misdemeanor so he could be released from jail. When I tried to drop off the baby for custody time he held me hostage. He only ever bought the baby formula and diapers twice. He tells me things like "why can't you just ###### die you piece of ?" That all said, I do very much love him. But I think until he receives mental help, we need no contact and he needs to go home and get his head on straight. The comments about getting back together are painful to read. 

Wow.  

Though sometimes difficult to believe you should know that this type of behavior will likely only escalate into a tragedy.

For your sake and the sake of your child it might be best to go no-contact, divorce, and let the chips for him fall where they will.  Be careful.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
7 hours ago, iwannaplay54 said:

Wow.  

Though sometimes difficult to believe you should know that this type of behavior will likely only escalate into a tragedy.

For your sake and the sake of your child it might be best to go no-contact, divorce, and let the chips for him fall where they will.  Be careful.

No contact is at the discretion of a judge especially with children involved.  It's incredibly difficult to have a parent have absolutely no contact with their child.

• 2 weeks later...

Long story short, my husband is currently in court for violating an emergency protective order he was issued against me. He turned himself in when he violated it, as he hoped to be deported at that point and thought that was the way to do it. The DA reviewed the body cam on the cops and saw how my husband said he wanted to be deported. He had to fill out some sort of form for ICE. He's currently at the courthouse. Is it likely he will be placed in removal proceedings? If not, is he likely to be denied residency at the time for renewal? Please help, and do not judge. 

It's difficult to say without knowing exactly what form it is and its purpose. 

It's possible. 

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I agree, but probably was my first thought. Would not it have been easier to just leave on his own?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

27 minutes ago, Boiler said:

I agree, but probably was my first thought. Would not it have been easier to just leave on his own?

He didn't have money or anyone here to help him. Think he thought it was best option, not sure why. 

Timeline

Is he a resident here, has a GC? That wasn't mentioned.....if he has that, no he probably won't be removed just for that. I don't know about the renewal, though.

If he didn't have status then yea, he could have marked the option for no trial/expedited removal. There are 3 options on that ICE form, to waive it all and agree to be sent home, to claim refugee/asylee, and having a GC/EAD/some pending status

(AOS AFTER TERMINATION)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Related threads merged. Please keep all related posts/thread to this one thread. It helps members be able to give you the best possible advice they can.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Regardless of children, why you're still in contact enough to know what's going on in this person's life is beyond the scope of my imagination.  If anyone beat my face in and told me they wished I was dead, they'd probably disappear and I wouldn't worry about them breaking restraining orders.  

YOU need counselling to get over the relationship you had with this person. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.