Louie1988

Affidavit of support - interview

12 posts in this topic

Timeline

Hi,

My case was just completed at nvc and no problem with the affidavit of support, but it is one of the documents I need to bring to the interview. The problem is that my wife changed jobs since we sent the documents to the nvc. Do you guys think it will be a problem? Would we need a new affidavit of support, and documents? Should I say something about the new job at the interview?

Thanks.

Timeline

Thanks for all the answers.

Well, my case is completed, but my interview was not scheduled yet, so I don't know what documents they will ask me to bring to the interview. I have another question, but it's kind random. I had the stupid idea of start reading reviews from other people interviews, and I found a couple of denials, so now I'm freaking out with this possibility. What are the chances of been denied? How ofter does it happen? Sorry about this question.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi Louie, I'm from Brazil and just had my interview in Rio April 24th. I received my appointment not too long after NVC completed my case. I remember I had 6wks notice for it. I can send you the list they give us there of the documents the consulate wants. And in case you didn't know the consulate can ask you for things NVC didn't.

I'd fill out another affidavit of support with her current info on it (but that's just me being overly prepared lol), take employment letter, w-2 or 1099s, and income tax transcript is what they want. It's better to have it and not need it.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Kenya
Timeline

Okay, Since you don't have a W2 yet from her new job, you would need to get an official letter from her employer (and hopefully not one that has been signed by HR or boss) with details of her employment Full-time, Temporary, Part-time etc. Also As many pay stubs as you can bring leading to the last one right before your appointment. 

Hint: The people behind the counter at the embassy acknowledge immigrant's lives don't stop because a petition has been filled. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 5/20/2017 at 7:38 PM, Louie1988 said:

Hi,

My case was just completed at nvc and no problem with the affidavit of support, but it is one of the documents I need to bring to the interview. The problem is that my wife changed jobs since we sent the documents to the nvc. Do you guys think it will be a problem? Would we need a new affidavit of support, and documents? Should I say something about the new job at the interview?

Thanks.

Louie,

What Document NVC asked you to bring for Interview

Filed: Timeline
On ‎5‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 10:31 PM, NasaMara said:

Hi Louie, I'm from Brazil and just had my interview in Rio April 24th. I received my appointment not too long after NVC completed my case. I remember I had 6wks notice for it. I can send you the list they give us there of the documents the consulate wants. And in case you didn't know the consulate can ask you for things NVC didn't.

I'd fill out another affidavit of support with her current info on it (but that's just me being overly prepared lol), take employment letter, w-2 or 1099s, and income tax transcript is what they want. It's better to have it and not need it.

Hi NasaMara,

I'm in a similar situation (processing at NVC) and my wife is in Brazil.  Could you send me this list in a private message or post below?

Thank you so much!  God bless.

Chris

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
21 minutes ago, Christopher F said:

Hi NasaMara,

I'm in a similar situation (processing at NVC) and my wife is in Brazil.  Could you send me this list in a private message or post below?

Thank you so much!  God bless.

Chris

If he Post here It will be helpful to every one.

• 7 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hi all,

Hoping to get some clarifiaction. I am waiting on my NOA2 and confused about i-864.

1) When is my partner meant to fill this out

2) Is she meant to send this to the NVC?

3) If so when does she send it to the NVC and then send me a copy? 

or

does she fill it out and send it to me in my home country to take to the interview?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
2 hours ago, peterad said:

Hi all,

Hoping to get some clarifiaction. I am waiting on my NOA2 and confused about i-864.

1) When is my partner meant to fill this out

2) Is she meant to send this to the NVC?

3) If so when does she send it to the NVC and then send me a copy? 

or

does she fill it out and send it to me in my home country to take to the interview?

I mean i-134 btw sorry!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.