zyggymaroo

I married a US citizen and then came back to the UK, can I re-enter the US on an F-1 student visa?

26 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Jojo92122 said:

You don't have to apologize.  Recognize what you want is the definition of visa fraud.  Go and get the spousal visa.

Too many other factors.

I will give up and when I'm hospitalised they'll deny me any entry to the country anyway. I didn't want to adjust status I just wanted to study and then come back home

Edited by zyggymaroo

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Just now, zyggymaroo said:

I already have and it isn't working.

Thank you for your concern and kindness though

Then you need to seek out other options speaking as one who's worked with mental health issues.  If you do have ongoing issues where they're concerned that you could be a threat to yourself or others you can be denied in a medical.  Immigration can wreak havoc on mental health.  Look after you first.  Perhaps he could come to you?

3 hours ago, zyggymaroo said:

I visited Spokane WA in December 2016 and got married there to a US citizen. Then I returned to the UK to sort out finances while awaiting a spousal visa.

I felt I needed more direction in life so I started looking at college courses in Spokane and have set my heart on one.

Will my marriage affect my ability to use an F-1 visa and then adjust my status to permanent residency when my studies are completed?

38 minutes ago, zyggymaroo said:

Too many other factors.

I will give up and when I'm hospitalised they'll deny me any entry to the country anyway. I didn't want to adjust status I just wanted to study and then come back home

I'm confused.  Your very first post says you got married and then returned home to wait for the spousal visa, but then you say you just wanted to study and then come back home.

Where is your husband in all of this?  Are you planning to have a long distance relationship forever with him in the states and you in the UK?

Mar 2014 - Married

5/7/14?? - Attorney mailed paperwork

5/15/14 DHS cashed check

5/19/14 - NOA1 received with PD 5/12/14

10/17/14 - NOA2 received

10/28/14 - Email received that file has been sent to NVC

11/13/14 - NVC received file

12/10/14 - NVC Assigned case number

12/12/14 - AOS Fee Invoiced

12/13/14 - Submit email to NVC to remove attorney as DS-261 Agent

12/16/14 - AOS Fee showing as Paid

12/17/14 - IV Fee invoiced

12/20/14 - IV fee available and paid

12/27/14 - DS-260 submitted

1/2/15 - AOS and IV packages sent to NVC

1/5/15 - USPS delivered packages to NVC

1/7/15 - NVC scanned in packages. Let the countdown begin...

1/30/15 - FINALLY got a reply to my email to remove the attorney from the DS-261

3/9/15 - Called NVC and they have checklisted us for an "incorrect" decree absolute from the UK, even though it is the legal official document. Have requested a supervisor review.

4/28/15 - Called and NVC said supervisor had reviewed and now claimed that the decree absolute was not included. After disagreeing with the less than helpful lady on the phone, and her not being able to get the review time right. (She kept changing her story between 42 days and 30 days).

4/30/15 - Sent the same copy of the decree absolute to the NVC from the UK, highlighting the "decree absolute" wording with a letter stating that this is the only document provided by the UK government.

5/6/15 - Scan date for checklist received.

6/5/15 - Case complete!!!

6/12/15 - Called and interview is scheduled for July 1!

6/14/15 - Received email with interview date and instructions.

6/19/15 - Case showing as ready on CEAC.

7/1/15 - Approved at interview!!!

7/6/15 - CEAC changed to Administrative Processing

7/7/15 - CEAC changed to Issued!!!!!

7/10/15 - Passport and packet delivered!

7/29/15 - Husband entered with visa at Dallas/Fort Worth airport

9/29/15 - GC delivered!!!

5/4/17 - ROC packet sent via USPS

5/9/17 - Tracking shows delivered

5/17/17 - Check cashed

5/19/17 - NOA1 received with date of 5/8/17

5/27/17 - Biometrics appt received 6/8/17

2 minutes ago, Transborderwife said:

Then you need to seek out other options speaking as one who's worked with mental health issues.  If you do have ongoing issues where they're concerned that you could be a threat to yourself or others you can be denied in a medical.  Immigration can wreak havoc on mental health.  Look after you first.  Perhaps he could come to you?

That's not an option for a reason I don't want to go into because it'll just make everyone judge me and him poorly. That's why I'm trying to go to him. UK immigration is much quicker... Another reason I've shot myself in the foot...

This type of posts always break my heart.

Immigration is an exhausting, long, expensive and emotionally draining process for people who aren't dealing with anxiety, depression and/or health issues. I can't imagine what it would be like if you add that to the mix. I can see why many would try to speed up the process or even find legal loopholes to be with their loved ones sooner. We all wish this was an easier, faster process but it is not the case. I hope OP gets the help needed. 

🇲🇽  & 🇺🇸

➺ 01/07/17 Got married in Cozumel

➺ 02/04/17 Petition mailed 

➺ 02/08/17 Case Assigned to USCIS Nebraska, sigh. 

➺ 02/13/17 We got our NOA1! PD: February 8th 

➺ 12/15/17 NOA2 finally! after 10 1/2 months. 

➺ 12/21/17 NVC confirmed they received our file 

➺ 01/22/18 Documents sent to Rapidvisa 

➺ 02/05/18  NVC received our package 

03/15/18 Case complete! 

06/27/18  We got our Interview date! August 28th 

08/30/18 The package arrived (waited at Juarez)

08/31/18 Entered the U.S with my husband 

➺ 02/13/19 Husband confesses he cheated, leaves

➺ 02/16/19 Husband decides to abandon the marriage

➺ 05/13/19  I am officially divorced. 

➺ 07/03/20  I file to remove conditions on my own     

➺ 08/13/21 I finally get my biometrics appointment 

➺ 02/26/22 I got my interview assigned: March 31st. 

💜Owner of Miss Lore Tattoos 💜

www.missloretattoos.com   Instagram.com/missloretattoos 

Tough times never last, but tough people do. 

200w.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I have a feeling their are ongoing issues with the OP and spouse and perhaps the spouse does NOT want to file for the cr1 at this time so the OP is hoping to go on a F1 visa and 'rekindle' the marriage. If u have issues and ur husband isn't supportive, sorry u need to focus on yourself and your life. If he is not willing tons the cr1 visa, or go visit u in the UK then I suggest i get some help because getting an f1 visa would be fraud. Living far away from ur family and home with no job or income is not going to help ur mental health and the USA does not have a great mental health system especially with no insurance. 

I really hope ur able to get the help u need in the uk

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.