Jump to content
kellyh

Guidance on how to reschedule interview date for CR1

29 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Not sure if this post belongs here or should be under Canada.

 

Well, our NVC case was approved earlier this week, also got our interview date for end of next month.

 

I am currently 6 months pregnant, and before going to the interview, medical examination is required and X-ray is mandatory.

As we do not want to go through with the x-ray during my pregnancy, our only option is to reschedule.

 

If anyone has rescheduled already, how would you advise I go about in doing so?

 

I've looked at the Packet 4 instructions, but unable to fine the cancel option or area to select new appointment date on the ais.usvisa-info.com .

Any advise or guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

 

*RESCHEDULING YOUR INTERVIEW DATE

The date and time of your appointment have been carefully selected for you. However, if you are unable to attend the appointment that has been given to you, please go to ais.usvisa-info.com to select a new appointment date. There may be a significant wait before the next available appointment,so to the best of your ability please attempt to attend the date already assigned. For some family based and employment preference visa categories a visa became available within the month you have been scheduled by NVC. There is absolutely no guarantee that the visa will be available again on the date of your rescheduled interview. Please carefully consult the Visa Bulletin before you decide to reschedule you interview. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you decide not to have the x-ray while pregnant (and of course you can make that choice, despite the very small amount of radiation and added precautions they have to take at your medical if you're pregnant) it may be that you can still go to your interview. Of course you won't get an immediate approval, but you should get a 221(g) for the medical - it's like a request for evidence. They go through all the rest of your stuff, and then they will provide you with a paper saying that you can't be approved because of the absence of a medical. As soon as you have delivered, get the medical done and you can send the report, and get your visa.

 

It is apparently extremely difficult to reschedule interviews in Montreal. This page has some phone numbers you could try. 

https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-CA/iv/information/contact_us

Also, if your file has not left NVC, you might have better luck changing it through them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, nightingalejules said:

If you decide not to have the x-ray while pregnant (and of course you can make that choice, despite the very small amount of radiation and added precautions they have to take at your medical if you're pregnant) it may be that you can still go to your interview. Of course you won't get an immediate approval, but you should get a 221(g) for the medical - it's like a request for evidence. They go through all the rest of your stuff, and then they will provide you with a paper saying that you can't be approved because of the absence of a medical. As soon as you have delivered, get the medical done and you can send the report, and get your visa.

 

It is apparently extremely difficult to reschedule interviews in Montreal. This page has some phone numbers you could try. 

https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-CA/iv/information/contact_us

Also, if your file has not left NVC, you might have better luck changing it through them.

 

thanks @nightingalejules !

Aside from medical, I'd also have to fly ~5hrs to Montreal for the interview. Dont' want to risk anything.

 

I'll try calling NVC tomorrow, hopefully my case is still there. Thanks again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, kellyh said:

 

thanks @nightingalejules !

Aside from medical, I'd also have to fly ~5hrs to Montreal for the interview. Dont' want to risk anything.

 

I'll try calling NVC tomorrow, hopefully my case is still there. Thanks again!

Yeah, that's a giant drag too - I was coming from Vancouver!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your file is probably already been sent to Montreal.  Check your CEAC status.  If it says READY it's there.  You can contact Montreal about rescheduling your interview.  However, be aware that your child will need a CRBA to move with you when you immigrate.  If you take longer than 1 year from your police certificate you'll need a new one.   If the IV fee goes up you'll need to pay the difference if it's been over 1 year. 

You should have held off at the NVC stage if this was going to be an issue to be honest, so hopefully Montreal will be able to accommodate you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NikLR said:

Your file is probably already been sent to Montreal.  Check your CEAC status.  If it says READY it's there.  You can contact Montreal about rescheduling your interview.  However, be aware that your child will need a CRBA to move with you when you immigrate.  If you take longer than 1 year from your police certificate you'll need a new one.   If the IV fee goes up you'll need to pay the difference if it's been over 1 year. 

You should have held off at the NVC stage if this was going to be an issue to be honest, so hopefully Montreal will be able to accommodate you. 

Thanks @NikLR.

Yes, I should have waited a while longer before sending my package in. I did not realize it would be so quick. Literally took under 1 week to be approved and provided with interview date.

 

Oh snap! yesterday, CEAC shows NVC, just now it's in transit :( SIGH.... whom should I contact today ???

 

Yes, I am fully aware that I will need the CRBA for my daughter. Will need to inquire regarding that at a later date. Hopefully with the recent fee changes, within the next several months, it does not increase again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, NikLR said:

Also please change your timeline to reflect Montreal. :)  Thanks!  

 

At least you are close to the dr in surrey and only need to spend 1 or 2 nights max in Montreal unless you're trying to make a trip of it. 

timeline updated, to reflect Montreal. ty for the reminder.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kellyh said:

Thanks @NikLR.

Yes, I should have waited a while longer before sending my package in. I did not realize it would be so quick. Literally took under 1 week to be approved and provided with interview date.

 

Oh snap! yesterday, CEAC shows NVC, just now it's in transit :( SIGH.... whom should I contact today ???

 

Yes, I am fully aware that I will need the CRBA for my daughter. Will need to inquire regarding that at a later date. Hopefully with the recent fee changes, within the next several months, it does not increase again!

Fees don't change that much. I've seen the NVC fees increase once and the USCIS fees increase once since 2012.  

 

You won't be able to contact anyone at this point until it says "ready" which means Montreal has it.  If you try to contact them ahead of time they won't have a clue who you are so it's best to wait. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NikLR said:

Fees don't change that much. I've seen the NVC fees increase once and the USCIS fees increase once since 2012.  

 

You won't be able to contact anyone at this point until it says "ready" which means Montreal has it.  If you try to contact them ahead of time they won't have a clue who you are so it's best to wait. 

Thanks again NikLR! Much appreciated. I'm so stressed :cry:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update:

Case just arrived at Montreal Consulate today, CEAC status shows "Ready".

Called the number here, to reschedule https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ca/iv/information/contact_us

Per the Rep, I have to wait until June 28 and log onto the ais.usvisa-info.com site as it will then show missed appointment. (As this appointment was specifically scheduled by the consulate, it can not be rescheduled :( )

Only then can I input the reason and then request to re-schedule for another appointment.  

 

What a hassle. sighs.. :cry:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kellyh said:

Update:

Case just arrived at Montreal Consulate today, CEAC status shows "Ready".

Called the number here, to reschedule https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ca/iv/information/contact_us

Per the Rep, I have to wait until June 28 and log onto the ais.usvisa-info.com site as it will then show missed appointment. (As this appointment was specifically scheduled by the consulate, it can not be rescheduled :( )

Only then can I input the reason and then request to re-schedule for another appointment.  

 

What a hassle. sighs.. :cry:

I would email montreal before purposely missing your interview.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, NikLR said:

I would email montreal before purposely missing your interview.  

Thanks @NikLR 

 

During my call, I inquired whether it would make a difference if I were to contact the consulate and the Rep says the consulate will just direct me back. Anyway, I sent an email after my call, Hope I sent it to the correct department. [montreal-iv-dv@state.gov]

 

Received an automated reply:

 

Please note: the review process for mail received is eight weeks. Please do not contact us for an update of your file before eight weeks.

Thank you for your inquiry to the Immigrant Visa Unit at U.S. Consulate Montreal.

For questions about permanent residence in the United States, we are pleased to acknowledge receipt of your email. The IV Unit is not able to accept communication by facsimile machine or telephone, but we will review and reply to all e-mails in order they are received.

We will respond to your immigrant visa inquiry as quickly as possible, normally within 10 business days.

 

Hope I get good news! :)
 

Edited by kellyh
hit enter by accident

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Back to Top ↑

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Try asking our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×