19 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Having also visited Qatar and being friends with expats who lived in UAE, my impression is that these countries have more conservative attitudes towards women than South Asian countries. However, if you are affluent and educated, women have good opportunities, even in the Middle East. As OP said, she made a life for herself in Dubai before she got married.

Married to US Citizen. I'm the beneficiary.

Adjustment of Status (AOS) from F-1

• Priority date: 2016-09
  • Initial interview for I-485: 2017-06. Approved on the same day.

Removal of Conditions (ROC)

• Eligible starting: 2019-03

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
3 hours ago, RO_AH said:

Do some research on VAWA. I read about it on another topic here about a week ago.

She does not qualify for Vawa because she has a GC ,but she qualifies to file l751 waiver based in  extreme cruelty and abuse. 

I talked to her a few hours ago and I explained what she has to do in her case. It's  all good, she will be fine.

49 minutes ago, sandranj said:

She does not qualify for Vawa because she has a GC ,but she qualifies to file l751 waiver based in  extreme cruelty and abuse. 

I talked to her a few hours ago and I explained what she has to do in her case. It's  all good, she will be fine.

Very good! Yea, I didn't know much about it that's why I suggested doing some research. I am glad you were able to get in touch with her and point her in the right direction.

Timeline
On 5/19/2017 at 6:32 PM, sandranj said:

Yes, with your advice she can get the permanent green card. I guess even if it's just a simple divorce without mentioning any abuse would work in this case. The most important she has already her 1st green card

Tasha

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.