hasmax80

Petitioner CR1 interview now what?

1 post in this topic

Hello I hope anyone can share their experience. I attended a second interview in person (although consulate had offered to call) with my spouse. I believe this interview is what is referred to as Stoke Interview although the consulate officer said it was a marriage interview.

I was asked to step outside while my wife was being interviewed. This took about 45 minutes and I was then called in and my wife was asked to step outside. I was interviewed for about 30 minutes going over our relationship info (how we met, when, etc).

My spouse was then called in and this time we were both together. The office said that she had concluded her interview and will refer out case back to the visa department as they are responsible for making the final decision and do issue visas. She said that this is not a denial and consoled my wife who thought the first yellow form issued (221 G for Administrative Processing) was a visa denial.

Based on VJ forums, I noted that folks were issued visa same day so not sure if it's because of the fact that it's a different consulate. Does anyone know if the folks doing the stoke interview are different from those issuing visa? Our interview was late afternoon so not sure if this also may be the reason why no decision was reached the same day. I will appreciate the input from member.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.