12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Tunisian_tunisia said:

Can any one tell how can i know which service center have my application ? is there a way to know ?

It could be NBC or a field office, if you call USCIS they might tell you. I'm not sure the regular costumer support can see it or will tell you, but if you get to talk to a Tier 2 they can tell you.

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline
32 minutes ago, Scandi said:

It could be NBC or a field office, if you call USCIS they might tell you. I'm not sure the regular costumer support can see it or will tell you, but if you get to talk to a Tier 2 they can tell you.

it's an AOS application and it starts with MSC

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Tunisian_tunisia said:

it's an AOS application and it starts with MSC

That's the National Benefits Center in Missouri.

Edited by Allie D

Married to US Citizen. I'm the beneficiary.

Adjustment of Status (AOS) from F-1

• Priority date: 2016-09
  • Initial interview for I-485: 2017-06. Approved on the same day.

Removal of Conditions (ROC)

• Eligible starting: 2019-03

Timeline

Every AOS goes to NBC at first and your receipt number will start with MSC for that reason. It doesn't mean your case is still there. Only USCIS can tell you where it is.

Timeline
12 hours ago, Scandi said:

Every AOS goes to NBC at first and your receipt number will start with MSC for that reason. It doesn't mean your case is still there. Only USCIS can tell you where it is.

If your case has been transferred, you should receive a notice of action from USCIS:

USCIS will send Form I-797C, Notice of Action, to a customer in order to communicate information related to notices of:

• receipt,
  • rejection,
  • transfer,
  • re-open, and
  • appointment (fingerprint, biometric capture, interview, rescheduled).

If you receive a Form I-797C in the mail, please pay close attention to what it says. Ignoring the instructions in a Notice of Action might delay your case.

LINK

Timeline
2 hours ago, Allie D said:

If your case has been transferred, you should receive a notice of action from USCIS:

LINK

No, because AOS are usually never transferred between Service Centers. They're sent from the National Benefits Center to local field offices where you have your interview, that doesn't count as transferred. Your case status might change to "case is ready to be scheduled for an interview" which might indicate that your case is with your local field office but that still doesn't have to be the case, only USCIS can tell you where it's at.

And if you arrived on a K-1 your AOS might never leave NBC at all (mine is still there) as you might get an interview waiver.

Timeline
28 minutes ago, Scandi said:

No, because AOS are usually never transferred between Service Centers. They're sent from the National Benefits Center to local field offices where you have your interview, that doesn't count as transferred. Your case status might change to "case is ready to be scheduled for an interview" which might indicate that your case is with your local field office but that still doesn't have to be the case, only USCIS can tell you where it's at.

And if you arrived on a K-1 your AOS might never leave NBC at all (mine is still there) as you might get an interview waiver.

You're right -- I should have clarified that the I-797C for transfers is only if a case has been transferred between Service Centers. This does happen sometimes, as stated in this USCIS notice. As you point out, the case being sent to a field office for an interview is not a transfer per se.

Edited by Allie D

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

All AOS cases are sent to NBC (Missouri).
This office reviews and determines if a case is waived for an interview. They have been backlogged for last couple years, so they started sending those cases (waivers) to different field offices to help. And it can be any office, not necessary you local one (I live in MO, my case was adjusted in Florida, Tampa). The office the case was sent will make a decision.

I wouldn't expect them to let you know where is you case.. They may or may not.  I learnt where was mine when I received RFE :) But before, the whereabouts of my case was not consistent even between the two different USCIS  officials - customer service and local field office. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Scandi said:

well my case got updated on may 2nd to CASE IS READY TO BE SCHEDUELED FOR AN INTERVIEW so should i expect an interview very soon ?? 

can you still get an interview waiver even if you got that update saying u r ready for an interview ?

Edited by Tunisian_tunisia

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Tunisian_tunisia said:

well my case got updated on may 2nd to CASE IS READY TO BE SCHEDUELED FOR AN INTERVIEW so should i expect an interview very soon ??

Edited by Tunisian_tunisia

Timeline

Your case is usually at (or on the way to) your local field office when you get that case status update, so it's highly possible you'll have an interview but it's hard to say when. You can check the processing times for your field office on uscis.gov but the dates aren't always reliable, some get their interviews much faster than what the processing times show while others have to wait longer. 

I should also add that it has happened that K-1ers get their interviews waived even though the case status says "ready to be scheduled for an interview", as with everything in US immigration process nothing is 100% guaranteed. Your case might be with a different field office than your local one.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.