1,512 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
3 hours ago, Helberd said:

May 22nd: package sent to Chicago Lockbox

May 25th: package received and sent to Texas Service Center

May 30th: Check cashed

And I'm still waiting for the NOA1. Did you guys receive it by email or in your mailbox?

I got mine both in email and then by mail. If you check the status online also. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

🤔 

May 18 2017:  l-130 form sent to Phonex Az lock box1820 E Skyharbor Circle S
Suite 100
Phoenix, AZ 85034

May 20 2017: form delivered.

May 22 2017: form began processing Texas Service Center.. 🙃

Edited by Hypekicks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Received my hard copy of my NOA1. from seding paperwork May 22nd to Phoenix lockbox

Received May 24th

Email notification may 30th

Received Hardcopy NOA1 in the mail Saturday June 3rd 

Timeline

Does anyone know if there is a point to file the I-129F for a K3 visa for our spouse? I know it requires the  I-797C hard copy of the notice of action we got but could this potentially go to a different lockbox for processing?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 6/1/2017 at 2:22 PM, Peachess said:

Hi everyone.

Our i-130 package was sent out on 22 may.

Received on 23 may. NOA1 was received via email on 30 may and we were sent to Texas service center. Now its the wait....

Any idea how fast TSC is?

Hi guys.. subsequent to my timeline above.. 

hubby received the hard copy noa1 in his mailbox on Friday, and today he's mailed out the i-129f for a k3 petition.

how does that really work and how long? Could I get the k3 before my I-130 is approved? 

Timeline
18 hours ago, Peachess said:

hubby received the hard copy noa1 in his mailbox on Friday, and today he's mailed out the i-129f for a k3 petition.

how does that really work and how long? Could I get the k3 before my I-130 is approved? 

when deciding on what to do, I did research and found this on the K3 petition

In practice, the K-3 is not a popular visa option. In 2014, there were only 392 K-3 visas, compared with 29,913 CR-1 visas. Some have suggested that’s because CR-1 visa processing times are improving. But at least equally important is that USCIS and NVC have conspired to choke off K-3 issuance. First, USICS routinely delays adjudicating the K-3 petition (filed on Form I-129F) so that it is adjudicated simultaneously with the related I-130. Next, the NVC will “administratively close” a K-3 visa application if it receives from USCIS the approved I-130 before NVC finishes processing the K-3 case: this is routine since USCIS sends both to NVC at the same time. Together, these practices defeat the congressional intent embodied in the statute that K-3 visas should be issued to allow the foreign spouse to enter the U.S. to “await the approval of [the I-130] and the availability … of an immigrant visa.”

Timeline
18 hours ago, Peachess said:

if money is an issue the K3 visa if approved before the I-130 cost almost 1,000.00 more out of pocket than it would be to ride out the I-130 processing.

I know like me we just want to be near our spouse, to make the most of our time together, but also need to be practical. 

Is it really going to save us that much time?, is the extra money spent worth it?

Budget for Key Expenses:

K-1:

K-1 petition stage:
* Filing fee for Form I-129F
K-1 Visa application stage:
* Filing fee for K-1 Visa Application
* Medical exam 200
* Travel and hotel for appointment at U.S. Consulate varies
Adjustment of Status Stage:
* Filing fees for Form I-485, Application to Adjust Status, and Biometrics
* Medical exam (vaccination form only) 100
TOTAL USD 2325 plus travel (estimate)

CR1 or IR1 Immigrant Visa:

Immigrant Petition Stage:
* Filing fee for Form I-130
* Travel for appointment at USCIS International Office or U.S. Consulate (if applicable) varies
Immigrant Visa Application Stage:
* Filing fee for immigrant visa application
* NVC I-864 review fee (if applicable) 120
* Medical exam 200
* USCIS Immigrant Fee 220
TOTAL USD 1400 plus travel (estimate)

K-3:

Petition Stage:
* Filing fee for Form I-130
* Filing fee for Form I-129F 0
K-3 Visa Application Stage:
* Filing fee for K-3 Visa Application
* Medical exam 200
Adjustment of Status Stage:
* Filing fees for Form I-485, Application to Adjust Status, and Biometrics
* Medical exam (vaccination form only) 100
TOTAL USD 2325 plus travel (estimate)

On 6/2/2017 at 8:57 PM, SDandAkom said:

After April 28th, you are not allowed to file G-325a. You should file both I-130 and I-130A.

Any applications with G-325a will be rejected.

this one is miss information, because my file, I make sure had G-325a both on mine and my spouse, 2 passport photos of my spouse, 2 passport photos mine, and i have I-797C by mail to day. I had I-130 and I-130a.

Timeline
7 hours ago, Hondatphcm said:

this one is miss information, because my file, I make sure had G-325a both on mine and my spouse, 2 passport photos of my spouse, 2 passport photos mine, and i have I-797C by mail to day. I had I-130 and I-130a.

if you have the I-130 and the I-130a there is no need for the G-325a. This was changed, now I don't know if they will reject them if you have the I-130a but if you only file the I-130 with the G-325a and not the I-130a then yes it gets rejected.

Form G-325A has been replaced by Form I-130A. Starting with the 02/27/17 edition of Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, the petitioner who is filing on behalf of a spouse must also submit Form I-130A, Supplemental Information for Spouse Beneficiary.

Edited by Khallaf

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
On 6/3/2017 at 10:38 AM, Helberd said:

May 22nd: package sent to Chicago Lockbox

May 25th: package received and sent to Texas Service Center

May 30th: Check cashed

And I'm still waiting for the NOA1. Did you guys receive it by email or in your mailbox?

If you were still waiting for NO1 how do you know package was sent to Texas Service Center?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.