1,512 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
4 hours ago, InQuisitve12016 said:

So the I-130 pertains to me and the I-130A pertains to both my husband and I, correct? And thanks in advance 

Yes and no the i130 pertains to you both it's 12 pages long and the i130A is all about your Husband that's why there is no need for the g325a anymore since both i130 and i130A cover it now. You still need to put 2 passport photos with both the i130 (your pp photos) and i130A (his pp photos) i attatched to the front and wrote photo of... on the back  and put it in a Ziploc bag secured by a paperclip. 

Edited by estadia
Added text

Timeline
1 minute ago, InQuisitve12016 said:

Estadia, 

Did you do a Table of Contents? I have been told to make it easier on the viewing agents and to do it in chronological order. 

I did not do a table of contents but with the cover letter I listed all the items in order, and separated my documents into labled folders with tabs (i tabbed everything) in that same order i listed them in the cover letter. I did over do it on the paperwork I sent but I figured I'm saving myself in the end from getting an RFE (request for evidence) I'm sure others did there's differently bur thats how i did mine.

rsz_3rsz_20170531_105711.jpg

Timeline
14 minutes ago, InQuisitve12016 said:

estadia, 

Should I be filing a G-1145 as well? I appreciate you so much for helping me with this.

It's optional but I would fill out one for you it's better than just waiting for the paper copy to get notified that they received your application. I got notified quicker with the g1145 and u get your receipt number as well with the e-notification, you still will receive the hard copy and definitely want keep that since it's your NOA1. 

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

I-130 Sent in May 3rd Priority date May 8th...I am also in the black hole of the Nebraska Service Center.

Married Jan 31, 2017.

Welcome I'm not happy about Nebraska either but I'm trying to be hopeful. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I do not know how to reply to what you said but, thanks. 

I went and got a second job so that I was not obsessed over the time it was going to take. We waited to file our papers till after the DV lottery came out we were hoping that he would have won there.

but now all we can do is sit and wait. just about everyone goes through NSC that is why they are so far behind, maybe we will be lucky enough to get transferred to Texas.

I keep hope that maybe will be transferred to Texas. I also hope that come August/September there will be a end of the fiscal year push to get the backlog down. It is just hopeful thought.

K-1 Process  

7/27/16- Mailed 129-F to Texas Lockbox

8/01/16- USCIS received packet

9/08/16- Petition Approved

9/27/16- NVC received packet

9/28/16- Case Number assigned

9/30/16- Left NVC to Dhaka

10/04/16- Embassy in Dhaka received petition

10/12/16- Received packet 4

11/01/16- Medical Exam completed

11/28/16- Interview in Dhaka

11/28/16- 221 (g) Green Slip given

02/06/17- Visa Denied

CR-1 Process

04/24/17- Getting Married

05/22/17- Mail in I-130 to Phoenix Lockbox

5/24/14- Delivered to Phoenix Lockbox & Priority number given (Nebraska)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi everyone.

Our i-130 package was sent out on 22 may.

Received on 23 may. NOA1 was received via email on 30 may and we were sent to Texas service center. Now its the wait....

Any idea how fast TSC is?

Timeline
3 hours ago, Khallaf said:

well we all might be in for a long wait, but we do all have hope that things will work out sooner rather than later.

My husband is still very optimistic lol I'm more realistic but I still have hope that maybe just maybe it wont be that long, but then the realistic side of me come out and is like yeah it probably will be. Also I'm surprised we got nebraska since people who have done this for algeria got a different service center in particular Pontomac or California  but it could be because I'm from oregon... who know why really. 

Timeline
12 hours ago, Arif87 said:

I keep hope that maybe will be transferred to Texas. I also hope that come August/September there will be a end of the fiscal year push to get the backlog down. It is just hopeful thought.

Hope goes along way arif87 and you never want to loose hope no matter how bleak everything might be. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.