Rezahoss

Green Card never received!

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Hi, My sister arrived in the USA on 2/5/17. She didn't receive her card that USCIS says was sent on 3/8/17 because they say "the Post Office returned your new card for Receipt Number IOEXXXXXXX, to us as undeliverable". On 4/6/17 we requested the card to be resent but still now sign of it! I don't even know if they re-sent the card or not because based on below note from USCIS it is unclear if they did resend it.

• 04/10/2017
    sign_icon.png

On April 10, 2017, your request to have your Permanent Resident Card resent to you, referral number SRXXXXXXXXXXX, was completed.

Does anyone know what we should do at this point?

Thanks!

Edited by Rezahoss

Timeline

Call USCIS and ask to be transferred to a Tier 2 Imigration Officer... ask for clarification on the status of the crd, if it has been resent etc. Also check that your address they are using is correct.

At the same time, schedule an infopass appt to speak fce to face with the officer and get information.

The action refered to in the letter from USCIS is action on a service request, .. the inquiry you submitted,  not necessarily the action of actually resending the card. 

Start there.... 

Thanks a lot! I just scheduled an infopass for May 15th. We will call before then to get more information.

Timeline
On 5/5/2017 at 3:38 PM, Dee elle said:

Call USCIS and ask to be transferred to a Tier 2 Imigration Officer... ask for clarification on the status of the crd, if it has been resent etc. Also check that your address they are using is correct.

At the same time, schedule an infopass appt to speak fce to face with the officer and get information.

The action refered to in the letter from USCIS is action on a service request, .. the inquiry you submitted,  not necessarily the action of actually resending the card. 

Start there.... 

Just an update: We called USCIS and spoke with an officer. She told us that an email had been sent out which we never received (and she acknowledged that recently a lot of their emails had not made it to the recipients!!).  Basically the email, had we received it, would have informed us that they will try to re-send the card in the next two months. Based on what the officer said the email date was 4/10/17 but we still have not received anything!

Edited by Rezahoss

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

Just received Green Card.

Reading the paperwork that came with the card I found that :

1. Card was originally mailed from Kentucky to Texas [TSC], not to my address. You can see Texas address under label with my address.

2. When the USCIS Status said "USPS returned card as Undeliverable", that is not what happened. 

a. When Texas Service Center received the card, they must have entered it in their system as "Not Deliverable". They had to have a reason to explain why Texas has the card.

b. Has nothing to do with the Post Office.

c. Has nothing to do with your name being on the mail box.

3. Used e-request to ask the card be sent to my address, which generated a Service Request [ SRxxxxxxxxxxxTSC ]

4. Tried to call the 800 number, but found that they cannot help.

5. Tried InfoPass appointment. 

a. They seemed clueless.

b. The only answer I got was " I Don't Know ".

c. Was told not assume the information they enter in your account online is accurate.

d. Had OS155a approval on two different dates.

6. Check account and it said the Service Request has been completed.  Not sure what it means, assume card was mailed.

7. Card arrived.

NOTE : When the Green Card arrived, it was the only time I received anything from USCIS by mail. 

In closing, if you see " USPS returned as Undeliverable ", do not assume that the Post Office is the problem.  e-request worked!!

Timeline
11 hours ago, ElBill said:

In closing, if you see " USPS returned as Undeliverable ", do not assume that the Post Office is the problem.  e-request worked!!

you are absolutely right! After we requested the card to be sent to us again by talking to an officer, we received the card within 10 days!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.