mokor

B1/B2 Visa Administrative Processing after approval

26 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

I applied for a B1/B2 visa (tourist) and I went to the interview, the officer said that my visa is approved but when I got home and checked on (https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx) I got "Administrative Processing".

Is there a problem? the interview went very smoothly.

I applied for a B1/B2 visa (tourist) and I went to the interview, the officer said that my visa is approved but when I got home and checked on (https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx) I got "Administrative Processing".

Is there a problem? the interview went very smoothly.

What country are you from? AP is usually done for people from high fraud countries. Sometimes the applicants name may match a name on their watch list and they need to check you out further. The thing that stinks about AP is that they can take as long as they want to do it and they'll leave you in the dark the whole time.

Timeline

What country are you from? AP is usually done for people from high fraud countries. Sometimes the applicants name may match a name on their watch list and they need to check you out further. The thing that stinks about AP is that they can take as long as they want to do it and they'll leave you in the dark the whole time.

I am from Israel, I have an Israeli citizenship, but my name is Mohammad, so I guess that's why.

I'm a minor, I have never been arrested or did anything illegal.

I am from Israel, I have an Israeli citizenship, but my name is Mohammad, so I guess that's why.

I'm a minor, I have never been arrested or did anything illegal.

Yes, I would say it's a combination of your name and where your from. People from the Middle East are regulars on the AP list. Hopefully you'll get your results soon, but I wouldn't purchase any tickets or make concrete plans until you do.

Good Luck!

Timeline

Yes, I would say it's a combination of your name and where your from. People from the Middle East are regulars on the AP list. Hopefully you'll get your results soon, but I wouldn't purchase any tickets or make concrete plans until you do.

Good Luck!

I already booked a flight to montreal! (I'll be going to the us by car)

should I call them? can you give me a number?

thank in advance!

It takes longer to change the online status but I am sure you got the visa so cheer up

If the op has been put into Administrative Processing then his visa is not yet approved. Many people get told they are approved at their interview and then have to go through AP. He will not get his visa until they are done with AP, could be a few weeks, a few months or longer it all depends on what they're looking at.

Timeline

If the op has been put into Administrative Processing then his visa is not yet approved. Many people get told they are approved at their interview and then have to go through AP. He will not get his visa until they are done with AP, could be a few weeks, a few months or longer it all depends on what they're looking at.

:crying:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.