drawbridgep

Crazy quick processing.

22 posts in this topic

I filed for citizenship on February 1st and my oath is May 16th!  Talk about crazy quick.

All posts are based on my experience and the law may have changed, or situations may be different, any information provided should be taken as a guideline and not as fact.

VISA: K1

Check My Timeline for full details

Time from sending I-129F to I-485 approval 448 days!

-----------------------------------------

I-751 Sent 2007-01-11

I-751 Received at NSC 2007-01-17

NOA Received: 2007-02-02

Biometric Interview: 2007-02-15

Touched 2007-03-31

InfoPass 2007-01-22 (No additional news)

InfoPass 2007-03-18 I-551 (12 month) stamp

Case Transfer to CSC 2008-04-02

RFE 2008-04-11

Card Ordered 2008-05-14

Card Received 2008-06-01

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks for sharing. <_<

Edited by vegasbound

Timeline after visa approval

Immigrant fee paid on ELIS - Jan 24th

POE - Jan 25th

Update on GC and SSN

(as of March 14th, 2014)

ELIS status - Closed (Card produced)

USCIS case check with receipt number (starts with IOE) - Card delivered in the mail

SSN - Received (Went to SSA location to apply for one)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

N-400 Naturalization Process

N-400 package mailed in - Nov 7th

Payment posted on cc account - Nov 10th

NOA (hard copy) - Nov 14th

Biometrics - Dec 7th

In Line - Dec 27th

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

This is one of the beauties of living in smaller cities. Some field offices used to process cases even quicker than that. Congrats!

Indianapolis is one of the quicker field offices. Did you file for your citizenship via paper or online? Congrats!

Paper. When I went for Biometrics I was the only person. For the interview maybe half a dozen.

All posts are based on my experience and the law may have changed, or situations may be different, any information provided should be taken as a guideline and not as fact.

I-751 Sent 2007-01-11

Touched 2007-03-31

RFE 2008-04-11

Card Ordered 2008-05-14

Card Received 2008-06-01

+ being that random, lucky British. :D

Hate to say it, but I'm sure that didn't hurt. Not sure how much vetting they do for Brits.

I-751 Sent 2007-01-11

Touched 2007-03-31

RFE 2008-04-11

Card Ordered 2008-05-14

Card Received 2008-06-01

This is one of the beauties of living in smaller cities. Some field offices used to process cases even quicker than that. Congrats!

It helps, I think, to live in a small city with a field office. I live in small city AR, but my field office is Memphis TN. It's well backed up.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Filed: Other Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hate to say it, but I'm sure that didn't hurt. Not sure how much vetting they do for Brits.

In all fairness, there are many other British (and Canadians) whose cases are not processed that fast.
So, just being British does not do much, but it could be one of the contributing factors.
I do not think those with fast cases should feel awkward or whatever, because getting the easier-to-process cases out of the way may be one strategy to speed-up the process.

Relax, this is not a race.

Brits get the same processing as anyone else. And I am a  Canadian citizen, so it sure hasn't ever done me any good.

I agree, I don't think it would be right to give anyone  a half hearted congrats because my case is poking along. It isn't their fault they were done quickly. Good on them, I say :) We will all get where we are going in the end. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

It helps, I think, to live in a small city with a field office. I live in small city AR, but my field office is Memphis TN. It's well backed up.

Maybe the better way to phrase is a city with less workload. You are right in less populated parts of country they combine several cities from different states into a single field office. But I remember Memphis was among the faster field offices last year, around 3 months from application to oath. I checked the data from here https://www.uscis.gov/tools/reports-studies/immigration-forms-data/data-set-form-n-400-application-naturalization

They used to get ~2000 applications per quarter and also adjudicate the same amount but for whatever reason last quarter they adjudicated only 600 N400 cases between Oct1st to Dec 31st. I also looked at the AOS adjudication rates and not as dramatic as N400 but that also fell down. Maybe USCIS relocated some of the Memphis officers to other field offices to balance workload. https://www.uscis.gov/tools/reports-studies/immigration-forms-data/data-set-form-i-485-application-adjustment-status

Well, my opinion is that a little sensitivity goes a long way. I do not see the intention of OP's post. 

That's okay, it's her post and how you read it is up to you. How some else's post makes you feel is also up to you.

I don't care for the 'you're allowed to be happy but not too happy' style of thinking. I'm not about to pour cold water on some one else's happiness, because I am still waiting. I should think a little sensitivity IS in order, but on both ends of the conversation.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.