657 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Dominica
Timeline
2 hours ago, huko said:

wow this is just ridiculous... never thought we'd actually have the need to renew EAD cuz usually AOS takes less than a year.

My husband is a GC holder so that might have something to do with it. 

Chejemmie Timeline:​
7/31/2013​ - Moved to US on F1 visa
4/16/2014​ - Married LPR; in relationship for 12yrs
12/30/​2014 - Applied for F2A visa on I-130 (Vermont)
12/31/2014 - P​D
1/5/2015 - NOA1 received
8/27/2015 - Case transferred to California
9/22/2015 - Petition approved (NOA2) Case send to NVC
10/22/2015 - Filed AOS application at Chicago Lockbox.
10/27/2015 - Case received by NVC
11/2/2015 - Received welcome letter.<p>
11/4/2015 - Received receipt notice for I-485 and EAD via text and email
12/07/15 - inquiry on status of biometric
12/21/15 - response via mail that case in pre-processing stage
12/28/15 - inquiry on status of EAD
12/29/15 - response via mail; in suspension until bio is done. Also received bio appointment for 01/12/16.

01/12/16- bio appointment successful

01/12/16-received rfe via mail for joint sponsor and proof of imm. status

2 hours ago, Chejemmie said:

My husband is a GC holder so that might have something to do with it. 

oh wait. i think it's a whole difference case if your sponsor is a green card holder tho. i'm sponsored by a citizen and so I assumed everybody else here was too lol.

my impression is that AOS with a green card holder as sponsor always takes much longer because there's a wait list or something for that but i might be wrong.

Filed: Timeline
5 minutes ago, huko said:

oh wait. i think it's a whole difference case if your sponsor is a green card holder tho. i'm sponsored by a citizen and so I assumed everybody else here was too lol.

my impression is that AOS with a green card holder as sponsor always takes much longer because there's a wait list or something for that but i might be wrong.

There is bo difference in the process except to one thing: if your PD isn't yet current and you got an interview, you can't be approved on the spot. Rest is the same

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Dominica
Timeline
28 minutes ago, piff said:

There is bo difference in the process except to one thing: if your PD isn't yet current and you got an interview, you can't be approved on the spot. Rest is the same

@piff is correct. My PD is December 2014 and has been current for a while. Hence the reason why I was concerned that it took so long. 

Chejemmie Timeline:​
7/31/2013​ - Moved to US on F1 visa
4/16/2014​ - Married LPR; in relationship for 12yrs
12/30/​2014 - Applied for F2A visa on I-130 (Vermont)
12/31/2014 - P​D
1/5/2015 - NOA1 received
8/27/2015 - Case transferred to California
9/22/2015 - Petition approved (NOA2) Case send to NVC
10/22/2015 - Filed AOS application at Chicago Lockbox.
10/27/2015 - Case received by NVC
11/2/2015 - Received welcome letter.<p>
11/4/2015 - Received receipt notice for I-485 and EAD via text and email
12/07/15 - inquiry on status of biometric
12/21/15 - response via mail that case in pre-processing stage
12/28/15 - inquiry on status of EAD
12/29/15 - response via mail; in suspension until bio is done. Also received bio appointment for 01/12/16.

01/12/16- bio appointment successful

01/12/16-received rfe via mail for joint sponsor and proof of imm. status

• 2 weeks later...

how's everybody doing! anyone heard from USCIS?

It's been 5 months since my I-485 got updated to "ready to be scheduled for an interview"... patience patience haha

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Burundi
Timeline
On 6/7/2017 at 0:35 PM, huko said:

how's everybody doing! anyone heard from USCIS?

It's been 5 months since my I-485 got updated to "ready to be scheduled for an interview"... patience patience haha

Oh wow. My status has been saying the same thing since April 25th and I was hoping to get an interview notification soon but I guess I will be waiting for a while. I did not know it took that long for Baltimore. 

What is your priority date? (Mine is Feb 21st.) Also, is your sponsor currently a US citizen or a green card holder? 

ps: Good luck everybody. 

14 minutes ago, Qella said:

Oh wow. My status has been saying the same thing since April 25th and I was hoping to get an interview notification soon but I guess I will be waiting for a while. I did not know it took that long for Baltimore. 

What is your priority date? (Mine is Feb 21st.) Also, is your sponsor currently a US citizen or a green card holder? 

ps: Good luck everybody. 

October here - no news, regretting moving from VA to MD :) Sponsor's status does not matter at all so that would not affect the process

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Burundi
Timeline
3 minutes ago, piff said:

October here - no news, regretting moving from VA to MD :) Sponsor's status does not matter at all so that would not affect the process

You'll be hearing some good news soon hopefully 😊

All we can do is wait and try not to loose our minds in the process.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

We finally had our interview in Baltimore on June 15. (Filed last August.) We waited for about 45 minutes after our 8 am scheduled time. The interview was short and they asked me more questions than they did my husband. Where his parents live, what are their names, where my husband works, what does he do there. The questions they asked my husband were all related to whether he is a terrorist or plans to overthrow the U.S. government. The IO wasn't interested in seeing any of the pictures I had. He took the pile of documents I had (bank statements, cell phone bills, tax returns, lease, etc) but didn't look at any of it. The only thing he actually asked for was the birth certificate of our week-old daughter. When we finished the interview, he handed us a paper that he said they give everyone, stating that he will review the case and it could be up to 120 days for a decision. I felt good when we left but of course still a little nervous. But by the time we got to the car, I checked the USCIS website just for fun and it already said that a new card was being produced! I'm so glad to have one more step behind us!

K-1 Process:

12/04/15 - Engaged (L)

12/17/15 - K-1 submitted

12/31/15 - NOA1

02/09/16 - NOA2

03/16/16 - NVC case number assigned

03/17/16 - In transit to consulate

03/22/16 - "Ready" on CEAC tracker

04/14/16 - Received packet 3 by email

04/15/16 - Medical exam

04/28/16 - Interview - Approved!

05/25/16 - POE at Miami

07/08/16 - Married! (L)

08/09/16 - Filed for AOS

08/12/16 - Case received

34 minutes ago, blackeyedsusan said:

We finally had our interview in Baltimore on June 15. (Filed last August.) We waited for about 45 minutes after our 8 am scheduled time. The interview was short and they asked me more questions than they did my husband. Where his parents live, what are their names, where my husband works, what does he do there. The questions they asked my husband were all related to whether he is a terrorist or plans to overthrow the U.S. government. The IO wasn't interested in seeing any of the pictures I had. He took the pile of documents I had (bank statements, cell phone bills, tax returns, lease, etc) but didn't look at any of it. The only thing he actually asked for was the birth certificate of our week-old daughter. When we finished the interview, he handed us a paper that he said they give everyone, stating that he will review the case and it could be up to 120 days for a decision. I felt good when we left but of course still a little nervous. But by the time we got to the car, I checked the USCIS website just for fun and it already said that a new card was being produced! I'm so glad to have one more step behind us!

Nice, thank you for a feedback. Were there a lot of people at the office? So looks like it took you roughly 10-15 min?

1 hour ago, blackeyedsusan said:

awesome news!!! and thanks for sharing the story!

that's so cute you two just got a baby daughter :D now that you've got the green card case all figured out, baby will be the new project :D

You filed back in August last year and got your interview in June so it sounds like it's a 10mo process... I filed 4 months after you so I guess I have at least another 4 months to wait assuming Baltimore office is processing cases at the same pace, which isn't always the case lol

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
4 hours ago, piff said:

Nice, thank you for a feedback. Were there a lot of people at the office? So looks like it took you roughly 10-15 min?

There were a lot of people there. I know they weren't all for the same thing as us. Some people were being called up to windows like they do at the DMV. And others, like us, were taken back into an office for the interview. Yes the interview itself was probably 10 minutes once we finally got called back. We were there at 7:30 for an 8:00 appt, and didn't get called until at least 8:30.

K-1 Process:

12/04/15 - Engaged (L)

12/17/15 - K-1 submitted

12/31/15 - NOA1

02/09/16 - NOA2

03/16/16 - NVC case number assigned

03/17/16 - In transit to consulate

03/22/16 - "Ready" on CEAC tracker

04/14/16 - Received packet 3 by email

04/15/16 - Medical exam

04/28/16 - Interview - Approved!

05/25/16 - POE at Miami

07/08/16 - Married! (L)

08/09/16 - Filed for AOS

08/12/16 - Case received

I just finally got a text/email notification from USCIS that they got an interview date scheduled for me. It's gonna be July 25th so next month in Baltimore.

My filing date is December 9th last year so it's been almost 7 months... Baltimore isn't even like a big place so I'm just surprised the local office processes everything so slowly haha my friend in LA had her green card application approved within only 4 months!

Any interview update, @piff?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.