657 posts in this topic

On 5/8/2017 at 0:53 PM, piff said:

There should be processing time updates this month - hopefully they will update Baltimore properly :) any updates anyone?

i can't wait lol last time they updated was 4/18 so hopefully we see the new updates on 5/18 lol i think i'm gonna go crazy if the processing times go backwards again this time

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Our local office is Baltimore even though we live 2 hours away. Just got notice today that our interview is scheduled for June 15! We filled for AOS from K-1 in August 2016.

K-1 Process:

12/04/15 - Engaged (L)

12/17/15 - K-1 submitted

12/31/15 - NOA1

02/09/16 - NOA2

03/16/16 - NVC case number assigned

03/17/16 - In transit to consulate

03/22/16 - "Ready" on CEAC tracker

04/14/16 - Received packet 3 by email

04/15/16 - Medical exam

04/28/16 - Interview - Approved!

05/25/16 - POE at Miami

07/08/16 - Married! (L)

08/09/16 - Filed for AOS

08/12/16 - Case received

20 hours ago, blackeyedsusan said:

Our local office is Baltimore even though we live 2 hours away. Just got notice today that our interview is scheduled for June 15! We filled for AOS from K-1 in August 2016.

omg that's awesome!!! You are almost done with the AOS process!!! Hopefully you will get approved on spot at interview haha :D 

thanks for sharing the info btw sounds like it takes about 9 months to go from filing to scheduling interview. I filed last december so i guess i will hear back in 4 months lmao

Filed: Timeline
On 5/15/2017 at 8:49 PM, blackeyedsusan said:

thank you for the updates - do you reside in MD? so far it looks like it takes them 10 months to process AOS in Baltimore. 

Timeline
27 minutes ago, piff said:

thank you for the updates - do you reside in MD? so far it looks like it takes them 10 months to process AOS in Baltimore. 

Yes we live in Western Maryland. And unfortunately we might have to reschedule the interview, as I'm due to give birth 4 days prior. Praying she comes early! 

K-1 Process:

12/04/15 - Engaged (L)

12/17/15 - K-1 submitted

12/31/15 - NOA1

02/09/16 - NOA2

04/15/16 - Medical exam

05/25/16 - POE at Miami

07/08/16 - Married! (L)

08/09/16 - Filed for AOS

08/12/16 - Case received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Hey all, thanks for creating this thread!

Southern Maryland here, filing in Baltimore I guess (although D.C. is closer).

so I'm in the same boat as piff - filed in October, got EAD/AP in December, and "your case is ready to be scheduled" since then. So no updates for 5 months, sounds pretty depressing. I've put a service request a couple weeks ago, but I don't expect much of it, tbh. 

Timeline
On 5/17/2017 at 2:06 PM, Eternati said:

Hey all, thanks for creating this thread!

Southern Maryland here, filing in Baltimore I guess (although D.C. is closer).

so I'm in the same boat as piff - filed in October, got EAD/AP in December, and "your case is ready to be scheduled" since then. So no updates for 5 months, sounds pretty depressing. I've put a service request a couple weeks ago, but I don't expect much of it, tbh. 

I think they'll only care about your service request if your application is outside of the normal processing times, which in this case it's not. But it doesn't hurt to try!

K-1 Process:

12/04/15 - Engaged (L)

12/17/15 - K-1 submitted

12/31/15 - NOA1

02/09/16 - NOA2

04/15/16 - Medical exam

05/25/16 - POE at Miami

07/08/16 - Married! (L)

08/09/16 - Filed for AOS

08/12/16 - Case received

Timeline
2 hours ago, blackeyedsusan said:

I think they'll only care about your service request if your application is outside of the normal processing times, which in this case it's not. But it doesn't hurt to try!

Well, it says that you can submit a request if it's been 90 days since the last update. It just won't let you submit one if it's not outside of normal processing times.

Timeline

Guys! 

I don't know if it's the service request or what, but I got an update today! I got my interview scheduled on the June 22nd. 

I am the filer of October 7th, and tbh I haven't expected anything for at least 2 more months, but.... yay! 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Dominica
Timeline
On 5/17/2017 at 9:53 AM, blackeyedsusan said:

Yes we live in Western Maryland. And unfortunately we might have to reschedule the interview, as I'm due to give birth 4 days prior. Praying she comes early! 

Wow, I live in Columbia area and got my appointment "rescheduled" for June 14. Filed for AOS October 2015. Received a second EAD in January because my AOS appointment in January was cancelled due to circumstances beyond their control...no idea what. I'm expecting a baby on June 22 but will be induced the week before this. Don't know what date yet but I am not canceling as I have waited too long for this. I'm gonna take it as it goes until the very day. Good luck to you.

Chejemmie Timeline:​
7/31/2013​ - Moved to US on F1 visa
4/16/2014​ - Married LPR; in relationship for 12yrs
12/30/​2014 - Applied for F2A visa on I-130 (Vermont)
12/31/2014 - P​D
1/5/2015 - NOA1 received
8/27/2015 - Case transferred to California
9/22/2015 - Petition approved (NOA2) Case send to NVC
10/22/2015 - Filed AOS application at Chicago Lockbox.
10/27/2015 - Case received by NVC
11/2/2015 - Received welcome letter.<p>
11/4/2015 - Received receipt notice for I-485 and EAD via text and email
12/07/15 - inquiry on status of biometric
12/21/15 - response via mail that case in pre-processing stage
12/28/15 - inquiry on status of EAD
12/29/15 - response via mail; in suspension until bio is done. Also received bio appointment for 01/12/16.

01/12/16- bio appointment successful

01/12/16-received rfe via mail for joint sponsor and proof of imm. status

On 5/19/2017 at 11:56 AM, Eternati said:

Guys! 

I don't know if it's the service request or what, but I got an update today! I got my interview scheduled on the June 22nd. 

I am the filer of October 7th, and tbh I haven't expected anything for at least 2 more months, but.... yay! 

is your local office DC or Baltimore?

On 5/20/2017 at 9:40 AM, Chejemmie said:

Wow, I live in Columbia area and got my appointment "rescheduled" for June 14. Filed for AOS October 2015. Received a second EAD in January because my AOS appointment in January was cancelled due to circumstances beyond their control...no idea what. I'm expecting a baby on June 22 but will be induced the week before this. Don't know what date yet but I am not canceling as I have waited too long for this. I'm gonna take it as it goes until the very day. Good luck to you.

wow this is just ridiculous... never thought we'd actually have the need to renew EAD cuz usually AOS takes less than a year.

so I just checked USCIS site for the updated processing time and it's depressing as always...

latest processing time table was updated 5/23 yesterday, and according to the chart, as of 3/31/2017 Baltimore office was still processing I-485 cases from 3/28/2016... this is ridiculous because a month ago their chart says that as of 2/18/2017 they were looking at 3/25/2016 cases. so i guess it took them a month and a half to process 3 days of cases apparently.

on the contrary, DC office is doing much better lol they are 5 months ahead of Baltimore. not sure if it's too late to move to DC now cuz we are close to the city and our current lease is over soon anyway haha

i'm at a loss of words cuz i'm a december 2016 filer. i guess i gotta get ready to renew my EAD/AP card early next year lmao

On 5/17/2017 at 9:22 AM, piff said:

well apparently its taking more than 10 months now according to the latest processing time table that USCIS posted.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.