LOUHAMILTON

SPONSOR TO CR1/HR1 VISA

13 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Good morning, I'm a Brazilian married to an American three years ago. My husband is Brazilian / American by his American father. His documentation is in order and he will be coming to the United States soon to file my documentation. My question is, he will declare his tax on American soil for the first time this year. Would he have trouble being my sponsor? Has anyone experienced a similar situation? Thank you and I hope to help other people as well.

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Service Center: Nebraska Service Center

Consulate: Rio de Janeiro

Marriage: 2014/10/11

I-130 sent: 2019/06/26

I-130 NOA1: 2019/07/12

I-129F sent: 2019/08/28

I-129F NOA: 2019/08/30

I-130 Approval: 2019/09/27

I-129F Denial: 2019/09/27

Case sent to NVC: 2019/10/09

Case recive NVC: 2019/10/18

Case Number recive NVC: 2019/11/11

Payment of AOS and IV fees: 2019/11/11

DS 260, AOS and Civil Documents Sub: 2019/11/18

FE Review Note: 2020/01/16

Second Sub: 2020/01/20

DQ: 2020/03/18

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

As an American citizen, he was required to file taxes even when living abroad, so he may want to backfile at least the last 3 years.

Other than that, I doubt he will have trouble; if he files for you once he arrives, and gets a job soon, he will have a year's worth of paystubs to show by the time your interview rolls around.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline
Good morning, thank you for responding. Can he declare taxes late for three statements or will he have to wait three years? This is my biggest doubt.

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
20 minutes ago, LOUHAMILTON said:

Good morning, I'm a Brazilian married to an American three years ago. My husband is Brazilian / American by his American father. His documentation is in order and he will be coming to the United States soon to file my documentation. My question is, he will declare his tax on American soil for the first time this year. Would he have trouble being my sponsor? Has anyone experienced a similar situation? Thank you and I hope to help other people as well.

Hi!  I am also a Brazilian/American and sponsored by Brazilian husband.  At the time I was living in Brazil and had not filed taxes in the U.S. for 3 years.  Before we filed I already had a job offer so I completed the Affidavit of Support with my sponsor letter but then I also had my mom and my sister fill joint sponsor letters just to make sure.  For them they just showed their work letters and last 3 months of pay stubs.  We had no problems. Send me a private message if you want to know more.

Timeline

Good morning, thank you for replying. We do not have relatives who could be co-sponsor in the process, so I'm very worried about our situation.

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Timeline
9 minutes ago, LOUHAMILTON said:

Good morning, thank you for replying. We do not have relatives who could be co-sponsor in the process, so I'm very worried about our situation.

Have you already filled out the I-130?  This will take at least one year before you even need to show any financial documents.  If your husband is already employed in the u.S. and can fill out 2016 taxes and potentially 2017  before the interview I dont think there will be an issue.  I just filed on my own for our daugther and like I said did not have tax returns prior to 2016.  I make enough to money to meet the requirements and was only asked to show my W2 from 2016 and my tax return from 2016.  I also submitted a letter from my current employer stating that I have worked here for 10 months and what my annual pay is, also my last 3 pay stubs.  I was approved with this information.

18 minutes ago, weezerlso said:

This will take at least one year before you even need to show any financial documents.

WRONG

After your husband send the I-130, 4/6 months later you will get to the NVC stage, and you will need to show all the financial documents.

It means you need to have everything ready by then, even before of the interview.

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/approved.html

30 minutes ago, LOUHAMILTON said:

Does your husband meet the financial requirements for being your sponsor, I mean, besides of the taxes aspect?

Is the only way you won't need a joint sponsor.

Edited by ASMS

Timeline
4 minutes ago, ASMS said:

WRONG

After your husband send the I-130, 4/6 months later you will get to the NVC stage, and you will need to show all the financial documents.

It means you need to have everything ready by then, even before of the interview.

Does your husband meet the financial requirements for being your sponsor, I mean, besides of the taxes aspect?

Is the only way you won't need a joint sponsor.

4-6 months at USCIS and then another 3 months at NVC, in my situation in Brazil it took 11 months, so just short of a year.....why is this wrong??   NVC is taking LONGER and LONGER now so the entire process before documents are asked are estimated to take 11-13 months. 

1 minute ago, weezerlso said:

4-6 months at USCIS and then another 3 months at NVC, in my situation in Brazil it took 11 months, so just short of a year.....why is this wrong??   NVC is taking LONGER and LONGER now so the entire process before documents are asked are estimated to take 11-13 months. 

Not every case takes that long, tell to people they have a year to collect financial documents is not ok, the wise is to be able to collect it in no more than 6 months, so if the process for any kind of reason gets processed faster before NVC, you will be ready.

Timeline

I was in the same situation as her, since I had been living in Brazil prior to moving back to the states.  I only had 6 months of work under my belt and no  previous tax returns and was able to sponsor my husband and daughter solely on showing proof of my work status and my last 3 months of pay stubs. They understand that people live oversees and may not have filed tax returns in the U.S.  The person in the situation has not even submitted the I-130 and is waiting for the husband to move back to the U.S. before submitting.  She needs to know the long road they have ahead of them as no one was ever kind enough to let me know I would be separated from my husband and daughter for an entire year.

6 minutes ago, weezerlso said:

I was in the same situation as her, since I had been living in Brazil prior to moving back to the states.  I only had 6 months of work under my belt and no  previous tax returns and was able to sponsor my husband and daughter solely on showing proof of my work status and my last 3 months of pay stubs. They understand that people live oversees and may not have filed tax returns in the U.S.  The person in the situation has not even submitted the I-130 and is waiting for the husband to move back to the U.S. before submitting.  She needs to know the long road they have ahead of them as no one was ever kind enough to let me know I would be separated from my husband and daughter for an entire year.

Yes, I agree with you about realize that this process takes at least a year, but my point is that every person should have their financial documents ready before of the NVC stage.

I'm not sure, but your timeline says K-1, so is very different from a CR-1/IR-1, wish is the case of the OP.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, ASMS said:

Yes, I agree with you about realize that this process takes at least a year, but my point is that every person should have their financial documents ready before of the NVC stage.

I'm not sure, but your timeline says K-1, so is very different from a CR-1/IR-1, wish is the case of the OP.

K1 is for my husband I did a CR-1(2) for my daughter but the system wont allow me to post two timelines hehe

Timeline
Thank you very much to all who answered me. I am aware that I can be separated from my husband for a year or more and we are prepared for it. My biggest concern really is his sponsor role in my papers. He will work there and will only have a few months to prove his receipts in the US and only one tax declared. This is our current situation and have you worried so I am asking, so do not get surprises in the middle of the process.

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.