JBMG

NVC CEAC UPLOAD FILERS - May 2017

317 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Welcome to first thread dedicated to NVC filers using "Method 1: Upload documents online using CEAC

!!!!!Only applies to newly assigned cases!!!!! (Assuming from MAY 1??)

If your NVC case number begins with one of the following prefixes:

BNS        FRN        HNK       MTL       RDJ         SYD

And your visa category is:

IR1          IR2          IR5          CR1        CR2        F1           F2A        F2B         F3           F4          

Scan and save your financial forms and evidence, civil documents, and translations. Then upload them to your CEAC account online. (CEAC is the Consular Electronic Application Center where you also pay your fees and complete your Form DS-260 visa application.) Instructions and more information are on our Managing Your IV Case Onlinepage.

If processing by regular mail, head over to that thread. 

If processing by email, head over to that thread.

Following text was created by dswheels76.

Please read everything below and refer to it throughout your NVC journey, whether this is your first month at NVC or your third. :bonk:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Before posting questions, please read the wikiSaylin wrote on the NVC process here. Once you're done, read it one or two more times to really understand it ;)Don't forget to also read the official form instructions as well as USCIS and NVC's websites!

If you want to see a visual of the NVC process, please view Saylin's flowchart here.

Yes this thread was created by our great Queen Saylin and the knowledge is still going forward. This thread I pray stays alive and well as many who have gone through the process or still going can chime in and help and assist.

If you're wondering about time frames, look at the fellow members right here in this thread! Study their signatures/timelines and make notes. VJ also has this awesome page. Use it! I sure did during my process smile.png That means if you are on this thread WE expect you to have an up to date timeline.

And once you've got a case complete, please join the case complete/interview thread started by, Dwheels76 on (currently May 2017 thread),

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/633307-case-complete-to-interview-june-2017

I've got an IR1 case for the SYD embassy that the NVC received last week that doesn't currently have a case number yet. Hopefully I will be included in this new process and it is very quick :)

Edited by Cat_Dad

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Cat_Dad said:

I've got an IR1 case for the SYD embassy that the NVC received last week that doesn't currently have a case number yet. Hopefully I will be included in this new process and it is very quick :)

Ahh, you would be so lucky. And being one of the first, sure you'll get a cc right away. Good luck. :-)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Our case was sent to the NVC 05/03/2017 and we are going through the Rio De Janeiro consulate so I guess we will be part of this new process! We don't have a case number yet but hoping this will be processed even faster than email! 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Jnicole said:

Our case was sent to the NVC 05/03/2017 and we are going through the Rio De Janeiro consulate so I guess we will be part of this new process! We don't have a case number yet but hoping this will be processed even faster than email! 

That's great!! wishing you luck. :) 

Finally got my case number and my case is going through the new CEAC procedure!

After getting my case number and invoice number, I could log into the CEAC website and change my email addresses as well as pay both the IV and AOS fees. Looks like I don't need to call the NVC to give over my email addresses. Both of my fees are now in progress, after which it looks like I can do my AOS and IV Application.

My wife got the email this morning and will be making the payments for both IV and AOS today. I'm excited that we are in this new system and hope this will make things move faster.

ROC

5/3/19 - Dropped package at UPS

5/6/19 - UPS ship package

5/7/19 - Package is delivered

5/10/19 - NOA1 Issued

5/13/19 - Check is cashed

5/14/19 - NOA1 received in the mail

5/24/19 - Biometrics Appointment letter received

6/4/19 - Biometrics appointment

6/6/19 - Case is updated online with "Fingerprint Review Was Completed"

5/5/20 -  Case is updated online with "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview"

1/19/21 - Appointment to get passport stamped

Hey folks,

Did any of you receive a phone call from NVC and have a person that they will be your dedicated assistant during the whole NVC process?

ROC

5/10/19 - NOA1 Issued

5/5/20 -  Case is updated online with "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview"

Timeline
1 hour ago, Finayyy said:

Hey folks,

Did any of you receive a phone call from NVC and have a person that they will be your dedicated assistant during the whole NVC process?

Ok, that sounds very scary.. 

I would call the NVC to ask them about that.. Give them any information you received.. 

Calling from outside of the US

Best 5 Android Apps to Make Free Calls to US

Best 4 iPhone Apps to Make Free Calls to US

Phone Number

NVC - 603-334-0700 [HOURS: 7am - 12am (7h-24h) EST, M-F]

Best time to call: 7-8am or 11pm-12am / 7h-8h or 23h-24h 

Current local time in Portsmouth NH (NVC)

Time Zone Converter

Menu

Press 1, for English

Press 2, for Spanish

After pressing 1 for English, the options are:

1, to verify priority date

2, to establish an agent, request fee bill or invoice number

3, to verify that they received your mail

4, to confirm date and time of interview

5, to update your mailing address, phone number, email address

6, if your case is at a US embassy or consulate overseas

7, for all other questions

Yeah that's what I thought. Then he provided an email address that we could contact: 

CANVCEDP@state.gov

ROC

5/10/19 - NOA1 Issued

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Finayyy said:

Yeah that's what I thought. Then he provided an email address that we could contact: 

CANVCEDP@state.gov

I did find someone mentioning here on VJ.. But i would still contact the NVC before getting back to them.. But as it's a new process.. Maybe this a service they offer.. but i would be cautious.. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 5/9/2017 at 7:47 PM, Cat_Dad said:

Finally got my case number and my case is going through the new CEAC procedure!

After getting my case number and invoice number, I could log into the CEAC website and change my email addresses as well as pay both the IV and AOS fees. Looks like I don't need to call the NVC to give over my email addresses. Both of my fees are now in progress, after which it looks like I can do my AOS and IV Application.

On 5/9/2017 at 8:15 PM, Cat_Dad said:

I also just realised that I didn't have to submit a DS-261 choice of agent form. It seems I've skipped straight to paying both fees.

Wow, I am really surprised. 

My case arrived at NVC on May 3 and I haven't gotten the case number and Invoice ID number yet.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. You are like a pioneer to me in this new system.

So, I don't need to give email address over the phone to an agent.

and I get to pay both the IV and AOS fees right away at the same time. 

It is also very interesting that the new system skips DS-261. I assume 'setting an agent' step is terminated.

How about DS-260? Were you be able to fill out DS-260 at the point you paid the fees? 

if not, I guess it will be available after both fees appear PAID.

Please let us know how long it takes for it to turn "PAID" and if you are able to see DS-260 form.

Btw, How long did it take for you to get case number and Invoice ID number assigned after your petition arrived at NVC? And did you receive any hard copy letter or any notification that says you may start to proceed the further steps electronically?  

I read it on NVC website, you 

A letter from NVC saying “You May Begin Online Processing”
 Please note this method is required for visa applicants who received this letter from NVC. If you didn’t receive this letter, please use Method #2 above.

So, did you wait until you get the letter before paying the fees?

Thank you and I hope everything goes super well for everybody!!! :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, Finayyy said:

Hey folks,

How many days did it take to receive the email from the date your case number was assigned?

and Did you give your email address over the phone to an agent? if not (as Cat_Dad described you can add the email address on the website), how could your wife receive the email from NVC?

Thank you so much for your reply in advance. 

1 hour ago, Min & Mark said:

How many days did it take to receive the email from the date your case number was assigned?

and Did you give your email address over the phone to an agent? if not (as Cat_Dad described you can add the email address on the website), how could your wife receive the email from NVC?

Thank you so much for your reply in advance. 

Our case was recieved by NVC on April 26, but it was assigned on May 9th. We just got a welcome email with our case number and Invoice number. 

I logged into the system and made the payments. Waiting now for the status to change from "In Progress" to "Paid".

When I check my Visa Case Status though, it says "Action required: Complete Form DS-260"

ROC

5/10/19 - NOA1 Issued

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.