dwheels76

NVC Filers - May 2017

1,170 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Welcome to another monthly thread for those going through NVC

Please read everything below and refer to it throughout your NVC journey, whether this is your first month at NVC or your third. :bonk:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Before posting questions, please read the wiki Saylin wrote on the NVC process here. Once you're done, read it one or two more times to really understand it ;)Don't forget to also read the official form instructions as well as USCIS and NVC's websites!

If you want to see a visual of the NVC process, please view Saylin's flowchart here.

Yes this thread was created by our great Queen Saylin and the knowledge is still going forward. This thread I pray stays alive and well as many who have gone through the process or still going can chime in and help and assist.

If you're wondering about time frames, look at the fellow members right here in this thread! Study their signatures/timelines and make notes. VJ also has this awesome page. Use it! I sure did during my process smile.png That means if you are on this thread WE expect you to have an up to date timeline.

And once you've got a case complete, please join the case complete/interview thread started by me, Dwheels76 on (currently May 2017 thread),

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/633307-case-complete-to-interview-june-2017/

18451748_1328988913845791_2058638441303094142_o.jpg

Edited by dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

How long after sending your documents in did they scan them?  I am not able to sign into the ceac site because they say I need to send my documents.  The NVC received our documents on April 25. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
Just now, krysten.danis said:

How long after sending your documents in did they scan them?  I am not able to sign into the ceac site because they say I need to send my documents.  The NVC received our documents on April 25. 

have you called the nvc to confirm that they have received your documents? the status on the website will remain "submit required documents" before your case complete. it will only change to "at nvc" after cc. they only way to find out about your scan date is to call them. good luck

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello everybody! Wishing everybody gets good news after this ceac update.

My scan date is march 22nd and I'm still waiting for the 11 weeks period for the review, although I've been calling at least once a week to see if I get lucky and can get a case complete in less of the average. 

I want to ask for your advice, my husband got involved in an accident last week and he's at the hospital recovering from a surgery due to some fractures, he is in company of his dad and some other relatives right now, his recovery will take some time and I would really like to be helping him get through this, my question is, what do you think if I should make a request for expedite at this time of the process or it won't make any difference since we are at the last stage, thank you everybody!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

anyone used an android phone app  called : USCIS case status  ? 

was curious it has an options like " real time updates  " where you get notifications on actions of cases similar to you . 

was curious if those are accurate or not ? 

41 minutes ago, rac717 said:

Okay, anyone uploaded docs?  From Arg, we're BNS so it says the documents now must be uploaded.  I've finally got everything together and ready to go in an email and now this. But..when I go to the CEAC website, I don't see any option to allow me to upload.  So confused!

You may want to check that it applies to those who started the NVC process before this change was made. Somehow, I can't imagine them changing how you submit documents for existing cases. It could just be for those who start the NVC process after the change. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, harsh2010 said:

anyone used an android phone app  called : USCIS case status  ? 

was curious it has an options like " real time updates  " where you get notifications on actions of cases similar to you . 

was curious if those are accurate or not ? 

I used one similar for the iPhone, but i believe they all use the information that the uscis page shows so, yes they are accurate but it's easier track the case in the app, good day!

Timeline
5 minutes ago, JPtoCHI said:

I've been seeing this forever on NVC status update page. Even my husband called and confirmed that they receiced both our financial and civil documents in Feb 27th by mail.

Anyone help me plz....

20170501_090043.png

As far as i know that status won't change until they finish reviewing your files.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.