Sweetheart92

Congressman inquiry

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

When I contacted them, I filled out a release of info and sent all my documents (scanned them and emailed) and she contacted the NVC within a few days. She told me that they allow the NVC 30 days to respond to their status update request but they usually get back to them sooner. They responded in about ten days. My congresswoman representative said we can continue to inquire every 30 days until we get a resolution. She was very helpful. 

If you email mail me I can show you the letters she sent and the return response 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I sought help from the congresswoman's office on March 6, 2017 due to USCIS not receiving my RFE, not responding to multiple requests for them to resend the RFE.  My case was to expire March 10th.  I had just learned about the ability to have our congressman's assistance in this matter.  I send my request on Saturday, March 4th (that was the day I discovered my ability to request help).  On  Monday morning, March 6, 2017, I had a phone call from the congresswoman's office and, on Thursday, March 9th, I had a new RFE in my hands, sent to my home.  It was SUPER FAST!  Of course, I had proof of requests and screen shots from USCIS stating they replied and never did.  However, the congresswoman's office stated they have my case still and if I need any more assistance, I am free to contact them.  

1 hour ago, EandH0904 said:

When I contacted them, I filled out a release of info and sent all my documents (scanned them and emailed) and she contacted the NVC within a few days. She told me that they allow the NVC 30 days to respond to their status update request but they usually get back to them sooner. They responded in about ten days. My congresswoman representative said we can continue to inquire every 30 days until we get a resolution. She was very helpful. 

If you email mail me I can show you the letters she sent and the return response 

How can I email you?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
5 hours ago, Sweetheart92 said:

How to send the forms? Through mail? 

If you can't scan them on a computer (I webtbto Kinkos and used their computer) and they aren't near you then yes you can send them in the mail.  

14 hours ago, Dee elle said:

I see you are in Texas.... Senator John Cornyn   very responsive office staff... 10/10 for effort, attention and compassion 

On the privacy release form on senator John Cornyn website , it doesn't mention how to send it. Do you know how I can send the info ? 

Filed: Timeline

Texas congressional members must be better than California.  When I called Senator Boxer's office, they basically said they were too busy.  The US rep in Orange county had me meet with someone who seemed pretty green to me, and was completely ineffective.  As it happens, I was able to figure out USCIS email addresses and cc'd the right people to get attention to my issue.  Congress...no help.  Trend perhaps?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.