SubieWrx

Visa interview concerns

20 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My interview is next week Friday. I don't know if someone already asked this question, but here goes:

I'm a F2A visa applicant. My concern is if CO is gonna ask me about proof/evidence of relationship. I got married 2015 of May, when my husband visited me the first time through my relative's introduction. He only courted me for about few months (I fell in love at first sight...sigh, lol). We talked through FB messenger most of the time. We video chatted and voice called each other like almost everyday. When he got here to visit, he married me before he left back to the states. He stayed for about 21 days. Since then, after he went back, we continued to be in LDR. I believe in first love at sight, but we also have up and downs (Even now). He visited me again last year of August for my birthday and stayed for 21 days. Been married for 2 years now

TL;DR 

Will this convince the CO for more evidence or proof of our relationship? Thanks for the answer in advance

If it were me I would have every stitch of evidence that I had a married relationship.  Lot of questions will be asked why you are married and haven't petition to be with him sooner. Next "?" will be why does he only visit once a year and only for 21 days. You're going to have a lot of explaining to do so be sure to rehearse "in front of the mirror" as to your story and be honest!

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

If it were me I would have every stitch of evidence that I had a married relationship.  Lot of questions will be asked why you are married and haven't petition to be with him sooner. Next "?" will be why does he only visit once a year and only for 21 days. You're going to have a lot of explaining to do so be sure to rehearse "in front of the mirror" as to your story and be honest!

He already started petitioning me once he got back from the states. He said it'll take two years until everything is said and done and here I am at the interview point. Isn't there a reason why I have cenomar and a marriage certificate to begin with? I do have pictures, do I have to get it developed? What about FB messenger chats? (They are all in Tagalog language though, no English language in that chat.)

Edited by SubieWrx

Is he a USC? And you, Filipino?

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

7 minutes ago, SubieWrx said:

No, he's a LPR and im from here.

Ok.  I am not an expert on the F2A so further commenting would probably not be a benefit to your case. So I'd rather excuse myself then "guess". I hope you can appreciate that.  You may want to find other F2A's by doing a search in the upper right hand corner of this page. I wish you well and safe travels.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, SubieWrx said:

My interview is next week Friday. I don't know if someone already asked this question, but here goes:

I'm a F2A visa applicant. My concern is if CO is gonna ask me about proof/evidence of relationship. I got married 2015 of May, when my husband visited me the first time through my relative's introduction. He only courted me for about few months (I fell in love at first sight...sigh, lol). We talked through FB messenger most of the time. We video chatted and voice called each other like almost everyday. When he got here to visit, he married me before he left back to the states. He stayed for about 21 days. Since then, after he went back, we continued to be in LDR. I believe in first love at sight, but we also have up and downs (Even now). He visited me again last year of August for my birthday and stayed for 21 days. Been married for 2 years now

TL;DR 

Will this convince the CO for more evidence or proof of our relationship? Thanks for the answer in advance

There may be a history of dates listed on messenger somewhere that shows when you two were video chatting... do some searching, if you find that print it out.  Voice calls may have a history that you can print outs also.   Hopefully you did little emails or text messages from time to time that are available.

I would for sure have copies of his boarding passes from each time he flew to visit you, and copies of his passport stamps when entering and leaving, plus pictures of the two of you together.    The numerous visit will be a plus for evidence. :thumbs: 

I would not worry about the short time together, most with the IR/CR-1 visa only meet for a short time before getting married, then file the I-130.    

Visa chase and citizenship.. DONE!

For helpful information  gif animation     CLICK HERE!

Timeline

He already started petitioning me once he got back from the states. He said it'll take two years until everything is said and done and here I am at the interview point. Isn't there a reason why I have cenomar and a marriage certificate to begin with? I do have pictures, do I have to get it developed? What about FB messenger chats? (They are all in Tagalog language though, no English language in that chat.)

You can bring your chats that are in Tagalog, no problem, only official documents need to be translated.  These will be helpful.   (Besides, not COs understand Tagalog ;) )    You have more evidence of your relationship then you think you do.. ;) 

You will need the CENOMAR (CEMAR, marriage certificate) from PSA for the interview.

https://ph.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/82/2016/08/IV-Applicant-Interview-Preparation-Instructions-08112016-English-365KB.pdf

Edited by Sagot

Timeline
4 hours ago, Sagot said:

There may be a history of dates listed on messenger somewhere that shows when you two were video chatting... do some searching, if you find that print it out.  Voice calls may have a history that you can print outs also.   Hopefully you did little emails or text messages from time to time that are available.

I would for sure have copies of his boarding passes from each time he flew to visit you, and copies of his passport stamps when entering and leaving, plus pictures of the two of you together.    The numerous visit will be a plus for evidence. :thumbs: 

I would not worry about the short time together, most with the IR/CR-1 visa only meet for a short time before getting married, then file the I-130.    

He said he can make a scan of the passport date, but he said he lost the ticket. I hope it goes all well

Filed: Timeline

Print out samples from each month.  You do not need 8000 pages.

Do not worry that he can only spend 21 days with you each year while your F2a case was pending.  The US Embassy is fully aware that green card holders have to work in the US to meet the I-864 requirements and don't have the luxury of making long visits home.

Timeline

He said he can make a scan of the passport date, but he said he lost the ticket. I hope it goes all well

Scan all the passport pages with the entries...   not unusal not to have the boarding passes.

No don't scan them all.. :lol:    choose a page or two from each month.. even that will be over whelming.  :) 

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Scan all the passport pages with the entries...   not unusal not to have the boarding passes.

No don't scan them all.. :lol:    choose a page or two from each month.. even that will be over whelming.  :) 

Sadly he couldn't find his boarding pass, but if you said two from each month, I'll be fine with that. So should I choose the ones with lovey dovey chat on with with lots of hearts and what not? ;)

I'm joking.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, SubieWrx said:

Sadly he couldn't find his boarding pass, but if you said two from each month, I'll be fine with that. So should I choose the ones with lovey dovey chat on with with lots of hearts and what not? ;)

I'm joking.

:lol:  

If the embassy isn't happy with that many you can offer them THOUSANDS of pages more... ;) 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.