sweetie1986

I-864 and when to mail packages

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello everyone,

My case is IR5. I filled DS-261 on 4/21, and paid AOS fee on 4/24. I read that I can mail the AOS and IV packages to NVC prior to paying IV fee and filling in DS-260. Is that correct? Please advise. 

I filed tax jointly with my husband. My income alone is qualified. I know I need to submit my W2 along with 1040 and pay stubs to prove my income. I would like to ask if I fill I-864 correctly. For Part 6, question 2 "My current individual annual income", I will answer my income. Question 19a, Total Income will be our adjusted gross income listed on 1040. Am I right on both?

Thank you for your help.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I filled out I-864 today. I understood that you used the '"Adjusted gross Income" number IF you are referring to a 1040 EZ form. If you are using a regular 1040 (as I am) you should use your total income figure ( see line 7 on your form ), not the adjusted gross income figure at the bottom of the form.

Filed: Timeline
4 hours ago, fly_scuba said:

I filled out I-864 today. I understood that you used the '"Adjusted gross Income" number IF you are referring to a 1040 EZ form. If you are using a regular 1040 (as I am) you should use your total income figure ( see line 7 on your form ), not the adjusted gross income figure at the bottom of the form.

Thanks. Do you know if I can mail the packages prior to paying IV fee and filing DS-260?

Timeline

No. I don't know if this is allowed. I understand the desire to be fast and efficient especially after such a long wait at USCIS. However when I called the NVC yesterday to receive my case number the agent gave a very piece of advice to just follow the directions given and the file will get processed as fast as possible. So I had to tell all my horses to hold on and be a little patient.  Ha ha

Timeline

THANK YOU Jojo92122    You have solved this mystery! :)  Also, it looks like it takes the website about 24 to 48 hours to become initialized in order to pay the fees.  Tonight  (Friday) I received my case number and Invoice ID number. I tried to pay but the website didn't provide any links to pay. I called NVC to ask why. They said that yes I am in the system  but I cannot pay anything until Monday because the website servers have not finished processing my case and presented me with a fee bill to pay.

Edited by fly_scuba

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.