inneedofmyhb

Bf was not admitted 212(a)(7)(i)(I)

45 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Inneedofmybf said:

I do know what was viewed as fraud in regards to a one way ticket and him working for cash. It is was it is at this point. What I need is advice. I came here for advice and moral support in a time that is very hard for me. Not for anyone to rub anything in my face that I don't already know. 

I think you are misunderstanding a number of things here. The one way ticket is a concern of immigrant intent, but not is not fraud. The unauthorized work may have earned him a ban. The actual intent to enter the US and adjust status is the visa fraud.

Moving forward, you need to find out if he was only denied entry or if he obtained a bar due the illegal work and/or attempted fraud. In both cases you need to go the K-1 route or marry and do the CR-1 route, but knowing what to expect in terms of waivers would be helpful.

Here is a rundown of the visa options:

http://www.visajourney.com/content/compare

NOTE: K-3 is obsolete. K-1 is taking 6-8 months currently and CR-12 is taking a year or so. But waivers will add around a year or longer to the process (either one). Generally, I think waivers are more likely to be approved with the CR-1 route since the hardship for a spouse is easier to prove. But I don't know if there's actual evidence backing that or not.

K-1 guide: http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

CR-1 guide: http://www.visajourney.com/content/i130guide1

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

My god, you people are bitter...were you hired by immigration to come on here and make people already going through a hard time feel worse?  Geezus Christ!!! I just need to know what to do. We were two individuals who thought we knew what we were doing with no wrong intentions. Whether CBP did the right thing, I don't know. I just know I thought we were doing the right thing. This isn't the case of the American marrying an illegal for a green card to then take advantage of our country for the love of God. 

27 minutes ago, Sm1smom said:

The fact that he undertook unauthorized employment invalidated his status as a matter of fact. So he didn't stay legal

It wasn't employment. He was helping his cousin close shop for his uncle who had just died. They gave him money for helping. when you use a fake social, that is considered illegal to me. 

1 minute ago, Inneedofmybf said:

My god, you people are bitter...were you hired by immigration to come on here and make people already going through a hard time feel worse?  Geezus Christ!!! I just need to know what to do. We were two individuals who thought we knew what we were doing with no wrong intentions. Whether CBP did the right thing, I don't know. I just know I thought we were doing the right thing. This isn't the case of the American marrying an illegal for a green card to then take advantage of our country for the love of God. 

CBP did the right thing. Everyone will tell you.

Get married in Argentina and then fill out the application for his CR1 visa. Or fill out the K1 visa application abd get married here in the US.

Those are your two options.

ROC Timeline

08/16/19: sent I-751 packet to USCIS Lockbox in Dallas

08/19/19: packet received by USCIS

08/21/19: received text message with case number ( Texas Service Center)

08/23/19: check got chashed

08/26/19: received extension letter in the mail

11/14/19: Biometrics appointment

04/28/20: case got transferred to my local field office in Atlanta

05/28/20: New Card Is Being Produced

05/29/20: New Card Got Approved

06/02/20: We Mailed Your New Card

06/03/20: The Post Office Picked Up Your New Card

06/04/20: Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office

4 minutes ago, Inneedofmybf said:

It wasn't employment. He was helping his cousin close shop for his uncle who had just died. They gave him money for helping. when you use a fake social, that is considered illegal to me. 

Even helping a cousin, a sister or whoever. If you get money for the job it's considered a job and therefore it's illegal.

And for USCIS or CPB that's employment. Even if you think your boyfriend did your cousin a favor. It's not allowed unless you have a work visa or work permit.

Edited by Becci391
ROC Timeline

08/16/19: sent I-751 packet to USCIS Lockbox in Dallas

08/19/19: packet received by USCIS

08/21/19: received text message with case number ( Texas Service Center)

08/23/19: check got chashed

08/26/19: received extension letter in the mail

11/14/19: Biometrics appointment

04/28/20: case got transferred to my local field office in Atlanta

05/28/20: New Card Is Being Produced

05/29/20: New Card Got Approved

06/02/20: We Mailed Your New Card

06/03/20: The Post Office Picked Up Your New Card

06/04/20: Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office

11 minutes ago, Inneedofmybf said:

No one is being bitter, but you did this to yourself. If you had done proper research and not just tried to "wing it", doing things how you thought,  you wouldn't be in this situation. In fact just about 5 minutes of research will let you know that entering the US on a non-immigrant visa with intent to stay and adjust is no permitted, yet mny ppl try this all the time to skip certain steps. This just makes it harder for ppl waiting their turn and doing the research and going by the book. So I'm unsure where you might have gotten the information that this would be lawful.

I will be the first one to offer moral support to ppl on this site going through rough times. We see it all the time. ... for example ppl waiting years in Administrative Processing to be together, with no word, simply for being from the wrong country. OR parents being apart from their children due to long processing times etc.

There just are no shortcuts in immigration and the law applies equally to us all. 

Your situation, in spite of everything, can be overcome, and I wish you the best in that process.

K1 Visa & AOS

Spoiler

2016-03-19         i-129F Sent
2016-03-24         i-129F NOA1
2016-06-14         i-129F NOA2
2016-07-08         NVC Rec'd
2016-07-12         Case #
2016-07-13         NVC Left
2016-07-14         Consulate Rec'd
2016-07-19         Medical
2016-08-11         Interview Date (approved)
2016-09-06         Issued
2016-09-09         Visa In Hand
2016-10-19         POE Dallas Fort-Worth
2016-10-30         Our Halloween Wedding

2016-11-16         AOS package sent (i-485, i-131, i-765, i-864, g-325a, DS-3025)
2016-11-17         AOS package delivered to Chicago lockbox
2016-11-23         NOA1's by e-mail and text (@ 10:30 pm CT)
2016-11-26         NOA1 hard copies
2016-12-03         Biometrics appointment in mail
2016-12-07         Biometrics (Early walk-in Desoto, appointment was for Dec 13th)

2017-02-17         Notice of card in production by email and text (@8:00 am CT, i-765) - Day 92

2017-02-22         Notice of approval by email and text (@1:00 pm CT, i-765 and i-131) - Day 97

2017-02-22         Notice of card being mailed by email and text (@7:00 pm CT, i-765) - Day 97

2017-02-25         EAD/AP combo card arrived in mail - Day 100

2017-03-03         Notice of green card in production by email and text (@4:00 pm CT, i-485) - Day 106

2017-03-03         Notice of approval by email and text (@6:00 pm CT, i-485) - Day 106

2017-03-11          Green card arrived in mail  - Day 113

2018-12-03          First day to file for ROC (i-751)

giphy.gif

I moved to Argentina from the USA and married my wife here last year. We are finalizing the CR-1 visa process next month. If you need any help with Argentina-specific matters in the process, don't hesitate to message me.

CR-1 Visa Timeline

USCIS

7/27/2016: I-130 mailed.

8/02/2016: NOA1.

2/17/2017: NOA2.

2/24/2017: I-130 sent to NVC.

NVC

3/03/2017:  I-130 received.

3/09/2017: Case # and invoice # received, AOS and IV fees paid.

3/16/2017: DS-260 submitted; AOS and IV packets sent with EP.

4/06/2017: Case complete.

Consulate

4/15/2017: Interview email (P4).

5/09/2017: Medical.

5/15/2017: Interview.

5/19/2017: Visa in hand.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

USA

5/20/2017: POE.

6/10/2017: Green card received.

7/05/2017: SSN card received (had to apply in person).  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lifting Conditions

4/19/2019: Filed I-751

5/01/2019: NOA (CSC)

7/22/2019: Case transferred to National Benefits Center

12/20/2019: Biometrics Appointment

2/12/2020: Interview Date

50 minutes ago, geowrian said:

I think you are misunderstanding a number of things here. The one way ticket is a concern of immigrant intent, but not is not fraud. The unauthorized work may have earned him a ban. The actual intent to enter the US and adjust status is the visa fraud.

Moving forward, you need to find out if he was only denied entry or if he obtained a bar due the illegal work and/or attempted fraud. In both cases you need to go the K-1 route or marry and do the CR-1 route, but knowing what to expect in terms of waivers would be helpful.

Here is a rundown of the visa options:

http://www.visajourney.com/content/compare

NOTE: K-3 is obsolete. K-1 is taking 6-8 months currently and CR-12 is taking a year or so. But waivers will add around a year or longer to the process (either one). Generally, I think waivers are more likely to be approved with the CR-1 route since the hardship for a spouse is easier to prove. But I don't know if there's actual evidence backing that or not.

K-1 guide: http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

CR-1 guide: http://www.visajourney.com/content/i130guide1

29 minutes ago, gregcrs2 said:

VJer's have been telling you what you need to do if you want to be together.  It appears that you just don't like the answers you are hearing.  CBP did what was required for them to do by law.  We have no say in it.  The two of you thought you were doing the right thing but unfortunately what you thought turned out to be incorrect. 

Of course I don't like what I'm hearing. We've all been there before in life. A big mistake we made. And now we are paying for that mistake. If you've lived it then you know the hurt that comes with it. 

15 minutes ago, Suss&Camm said:

No one is being bitter, but you did this to yourself. If you had done proper research and not just tried to "wing it", doing things how you thought,  you wouldn't be in this situation. In fact just about 5 minutes of research will let you know that entering the US on a non-immigrant visa with intent to stay and adjust is no permitted, yet mny ppl try this all the time to skip certain steps. This just makes it harder for ppl waiting their turn and doing the research and going by the book. So I'm unsure where you might have gotten the information that this would be lawful.

I will be the first one to offer moral support to ppl on this site going through rough times. We see it all the time. ... for example ppl waiting years in Administrative Processing to be together, with no word, simply for being from the wrong country. OR parents being apart from their children due to long processing times etc.

There just are no shortcuts in immigration and the law applies equally to us all. 

Your situation, in spite of everything, can be overcome, and I wish you the best in that process.

Thank you. And yes we were misinformed and from what I researched I thought I read it correctly but obviously, I was wrong and very wrong. From the way things are looking, I am about to sell everything I own and move to Argentina and marry him and go from there. I just don't know what step to do first once I am there. 

34 minutes ago, Inneedofmybf said:

Unfortunately your interpretation (or my interpretation or anyone else here's interpretation) of what is illegal it not is not what matters. What matters is what CBP deems illegal. Helping a family member is considered work by the government. Grandparents coming in to the country to look after their grandchild whilst the baby's parents work have been  denied visitor visas because this is considered work and not permitted on a visitor visa. 

No no one here gave you bad or incorrect advice. All of the advice has been spot on. It's not what you were hoping to hear but that doesn't mean it's wrong. It also doesn't necessarily mean we agree with it. Don't shoot the messenger. People have explained why your boyfriend was denied entry and what your options are. 

You will find little sympathy here when you do the wrong thing. We all know how hard it is to be apart. You were lucky you had the best part of a year together. Most of us have to work and can only spare a few weeks a year to travel to our spouses. My husband has a lifetime ban from my country so I know how hard it is when you are hit with a denial and the life you have planned together is thrown into disarray. There are legal and straightforward paths available to couples who want to be together. It's too bad you didn't find this site beforehand to educate yourself about them. It would have saved you a lot of heartache. 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.