Vero1538

i-129F perition rejected for date on check is not current.

15 posts in this topic

I recieved a letter saying my i-129f perition was rejected because of the check/money order date  was not current , it says to complete the petition fully submit the appropriate fees and include required supportig documentation my question is does this affect the date my petition was filed.? Or what happens.?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes. It was rejected so it was never filed.

Once you correct the check issue and resend, then it will get the new filing date.

Meaning you start all over basically.

Edited by Ben&Zian

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Having a lawyer doesn't change anything. The check was not cashed so services hasn't started.

It will still take the same estimated time from when you correct the check issue and it is properly accepted/cashed. Until then, nothing is happening with your case, in fact, there is no case yet.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Lawyers can't speed things through. Unfortunately, I have seen many times on here where they actually slowed things down. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Vero1538 said:

Even if i have a lawyer.?

It will take same amount of time as it would have before.

It was rejected so again it was never accepted or filed or started.

Resend everything and then once they accept it and the payment they will give you the NOA1, that is when it is filed.

A lawyer doesn't make it go faster. Only way to speed it up is to expedite it, but that involves very specific criteria.

Edited by Ben&Zian

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Switzerland
Timeline
8 hours ago, cyberfx1024 said:

The thing to learn with this whole process is never try to set firm dates for anything because you may go pass those dates. This happens all the times where people set dates for things such as flights and ceremonies, then due to no fault of their own have to forget about those dates due to delays in the process. 

Very eloquently spoken! 

12 hours ago, ch3john said:

Lawyers can't speed things through. Unfortunately, I have seen many times on here where they actually slowed things down. 

Definitely agree with this!!! Part of the reason I didn't hire one! Not to mention you can do it yourself and save a ton. Although, without VJ I'd have never done it myself. 

12 hours ago, Vero1538 said:

That sucks 😔 I guess i have to stop the plans for the wedding thanks 

Wedding plans this early was very premature IMHO. A few weeks delay to get the rejection and then re-submit is also something that shouldn't ruin plans. haha I see you're new to the process, but always expect delays even when they are beyond your control. When I first sent my I-129F, they were taking 30 days for NOA2. It took over 90 days, and some others that filed before me are waiting closer to 120+ days. Delays can come in at any step in the process. Embassies can be slow. The medical could require additional tests that take weeks or months. You could get held up in background checks after approval. Things happen and you just have to keep positive and moving forward with the process.

Good luck!

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: Timeline

There is a very basic rule for this K-1 process. Delays are always a possibility and usually happen. Never, ever set firm dates for flights and weddings. Actually, until you have the K-1 Stamp in the passport and the passport in your hands, you wait to do things like quit job, book flights, sell house or move out of apartment or decide on wedding plans/dates. There is enough threads on here telling this over and over again. 

all good advice, the process can take weeks or months and it's often out of your control, until you have Visa in hand everything is only a guess

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Switzerland
Timeline

Our plan of attack is to put money in savings that would otherwise have gone into paying for everything.   Wedding related expenses, plane tickets etc.   We also have a basic idea of the how, who what and where as far as the wedding goes.  Nothing in stone and we've already told those who are interested in attending that they won't have more than a 2 week to 30 day notice.  This is going to be a nice but no frills and low stress event.  We do plan on throwing a party sometime down the road as a nice gesture to everyone.  I think most people will enjoy that more anyways than having to dress up and pretend to act civil. :D

Our preferences and situation of course aren't ideal for everyone.  However point being is using a bit of creativity and preparation without setting any firm dates, can save a lot of money and go a long ways.              

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.