maxiu

Will I need another visa ?

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Depends, but a H1b needs a sponsoring US Employer.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

what exactly will you do in the USA, and for how long would you need to be there? Will you be paid by a US subsidiary or abroad, into a bank account also abroad?

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

I design software for industrial robots so mostly programming but also connecting/configuring equipment, everything is done on site (in a production floor). How long it could be 2 weeks could be 4 months you never know... I will be paid by a company abroad to a bank account abroad. My company has a subsidiary in the US but I'm not employed by them 

Falls somewhere between B1 and H1b. 

USCIS

January 16, 2015 I-130 Mailed, Chi lockbox January 20, 2015 Priority Date, January 21, 2015 NOA1 notice date, Assigned VSC, January 23, 2015 Check Cashed, electronically March 5, 2015 NOA2

NVC

March 27, 2015 NVC received April 6, 2015 Case#, IIN# assigned April 8, 2015 Paid AOS + IV fee Invoices May 5, 2015 AOS + IV package submitted May 11, 2015 Scan Date

June 11, 2015 DS-260 submitted June 25, 2015 False checklist (for ds260).. hello? June 30, 2015 Answered checklist Aug 5, 2015 Escalated to Supervisor review Aug 13, 2015 Case Complete

Consular

Sept 10, 2015 Interview Scheduled Sept 11, 2015 P4 Letter received Sept 21, 2015 file In transit from NVC Sept 23, 2015 file at Embassy

Sept 28, 2015 Medical Oct 14, 2015 Biometrics Oct 15, 2015 Interview (Approved) Oct 19, 2015 IV visa Issued Oct 23, 2015 Passport Pickup

POE

Nov 2, 2015 Entered the US Nov 16, 2015 Applied for SSN, walk-in Nov 20, 2015 Social Security Card recd Jan 15, 2016 GC received

Timeline

I think a L, let us know what the Lawyer says.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

This sounds like the same setup that my boyfriend is getting on his current Visa, his past B1/B2 visas had the wordings "in lieu of h1b" according to him, I forgot what his old passport shows for them. I don't know what paperwork is required, or how long the process will take since his visa interview was quick and simple according to him, and was told he should be getting his passport back within 3 weeks. Its been three weeks and still is in processing, luckily I have prepared him and I for that long wait. Possibly longer check because of the new administration in office... Side note He's worked for his company for nearly 10 years, and coming here for another business trip, which will last for about 4 months. This will be his 6th trip to the USA, 5th on a business trip, his last was a J-1 Visa for 18 months. I do NOT know if there was a lawyer involved, his company uses this type of subcategory all the time (I know this from personal experience).   I wish you the best of luck!

Yes I said boyfriend, for the record as of right now, our current plan is to have me fly back with him (or a few months later) to live with him, within the legal terms of his country. 

I-130 CR1 Timeline  Visa has been issued!!!!!! = ^.^= YAY!

Spoiler

Service Center - Texas

Sent Jan 2nd 2018  PD: Jan 3rd 2018

E-notification: Jan 8th 2018 NOA1 Hard copy: Jan 12th 2018

NOA2: June 28th 2018, new website. Old website: July 17th sent to DOS (finally appeared July 29th, after 206 days after petition sent and stating not found) Emails & texts: nothing. Hard Copy states NoA2 is June 27, 2018.

NOA2: Hard copy: July 2nd 2018

Sent to DOS: New Website: July 18th 2018. Old website July 17th (Case number was finally found after 206 days of submitting petition, appeared on July 29th.)

Received NVC: July 24th 2018, per calling NVC option 5. 

New Case number #: Via email August 21st 2018. While on the phone with the hubby. Case is PIVOT. 

Fees paid August 21st 2018. Marked as paid on August 23rd 2018.

DS-260 filled and submitted:  August 27th 2018

AOS documents filled and submitted: August 29th, 2018

IV Documents: Submitted August 31st, 2018

Case Complete: September 11th 2018 via website 
Received Interview data: From embassy Oct 13, from NVC: Oct 15th.
Interview: originally Nov 27th, rescheduled to Nov 29th.

AP

Spoiler

Nov 26th 2018 AP.
Interviewed on Nov 29th, was told everything is good, asked for CV / resume, kept passport.

Nov 29th Email submitted.

Nov 30th They sent us an email for a physical copy.

Dec 3rd Submitted. Dec 4th They received.

Dec 7th, 14th,18th, 19th, 20th case was touched.

Dec 21st ready for Pick up. Dec 23rd pick up passport with no visa.  Was told due to holidays they resent passport incase Husband needed it, and to return it back on Jan 9th.

Jan 15th, sent off passport back to Embassy, Jan 16th case updated and received passport. 
Jan 24th case touched. Feb 1st sent email asking if they needed anything from us, replied Feb 5th stating still going thru AP, no change on website. Feb 13th, case was touched. March 5th sent email (not by travel docs) asking what we are waiting on, received auto email, unsure if case touched was touch per auto email.
March 5th, 7th case was touched. Also UStraveldocs passport states "There is no status update available for the passport number submitted"

March 15 Sent message via ustraveldocs about what's going on etc etc.
March 19: reply from Embassy Stating we have been approved and should get visa in 1-2 business days! 

March 20th: Issued!!!!! ViH: March 21st.
POE: Aiming for April 26th. 

Our Visits

Spoiler

Him: J1 Visa (no 2 home requirement) May 2015-Nov 2016 Officially met: Late July 2015 Started relationship mid-Aug 2015

Business trip B1 (Him): May 2017 - Nov 2017

2nd Business trip (Him): Feb 2018 - May 31st 2018

2nd visit hopefully when he moves to the USA.

ROC (LA, CA Area): sent  April: 12th 2021, Case transferred June 17th. Bios Jan 4th 2022. Ready for schedule interview Jan 5th 2022. Interview scheduled on Jan 11th 2022 for Feb 18th 2022. Approved at interview. Green card sent Feb 23rd 2022. Green Card in hand Feb 28th 2022. 
Next N-400: Submitted May 27th 2023, bios being reused. 

IR-2 (Step daughter, Ukraine): Sent June 7th, 2021 via online. Case was actively being looked at since Nov 2nd 2021. Approval Feb 16. Case sent to NVC Feb 19th 2022. Interview Dec 17, VIH 18th, POE Dec 26th 2022.

Turns out if I'm going as support only B1 is enough, which is perfect because it means I don't have to fly home sooner to deal with the embassy stuff :)  Also this might be an inappropriate question for this forums but maybe someone knows.. Can I get a local driver's license on B1? I have European and international one so I know I can drive in the US (in some states at least) but I'd like to rent a car and it's cheaper with a US driver's license. The particular state is South Carolina but i can travel to Georgia or North Carolina if necessary.

Edited by maxiu

Timeline

Odd, B1 does not sound the appropriate visa on the basis of what you said you were doing.

DL's are issued by States you are resident in, FL may issues them for long term visitors, check the DMV site.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, maxiu said:

Turns out if I'm going as support only B1 is enough, which is perfect because it means I don't have to fly home sooner to deal with the embassy stuff :)  Also this might be an inappropriate question for this forums but maybe someone knows.. Can I get a local driver's license on B1? I have European and international one so I know I can drive in the US (in some states at least) but I'd like to rent a car and it's cheaper with a US driver's license. The particular state is South Carolina but i can travel to Georgia or North Carolina if necessary.

Will the cost of the license really be much different than the rental cost?

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
4 hours ago, maxiu said:

Turns out if I'm going as support only B1 is enough

Just to be safe, who has told you this?

August 2000: We start e-mailing. I'm in Bosnia, she's in Florida

October 29th 2000: She sends me e-mail asking if I would marry her

October 29th 2000(5 seconds later): I say yes

November 2000: She sends me tickets to Orlando for when I get back

December 6th 2000: Return from Bos

December 11th 2000: Fly to Orlando, she meets me at airport

December 22nd 2000: I fly back to UK

January 3rd 2001: She flies to UK (Good times)

Mid February 2001: Pregnancy test Positive

Mid February 2001: She flies back to US

March 2001: Miscarriage, I fly to US on first flight I can get

May 2001: I leave US before my 90 days are up

June 2001: I fly back to US, stopped at airport for questioning as I had only just left

September 2001: Pregnancy test Positive again

September 2001: She falls sick, I make decision to stay to look after her as I am afraid I may have problems getting back in.

April 16th 2002: Our son is born, we start getting stuff together for his passport

March 6th 2003: We leave US for UK as family

Early April 2003: Family troubles make her return to US, I ask Embassy in London about possibilities of returning to US

April 16th 2003: London Embassy informs me that I will be banned from the Visa Waiver Program for 10 years, my little boys first birthday

June 13th 2006: I-129f sent

August 11th 2006: NOA1 Recieved

After our relationship breaks down she admits to me that she had never bothered to start the application process

Timeline

Sounds like you have been told a porky, I94 determines your legal status and how long a visa would be valid for.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.