Michaelmdl

Hi,someone Can tell how i Can go on travel in Los Angeles as hairstylist from Italy?

30 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Well we need some more info from Michael.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
2 hours ago, KurosawaSan said:

E-2 is non-immigrant.

And second, let's be realistic - if you ask on a forum about a way to immigrate, chances are you're not one of those that has a large capital laying around.

I only read about the question on how to WORK in the US... where is he asking about immigrating? And don't understand your connection between asking this here on the forum and what potential capital that person might own.

Filed: Country:
Timeline
7 hours ago, goblin said:

I only read about the question on how to WORK in the US... where is he asking about immigrating? And don't understand your connection between asking this here on the forum and what potential capital that person might own.

because to get certain visas you need to invest so much money. unfortunately he would not qualify for the skilled worker ones since they are geared to 4 year college degrees and in the stem field.

people will ask wierd questions here since there are visas for many different things.

good luck

Timeline

Why is this a weird question of the OP? To me it is a weird answer, if you assume something because you see the word "hair stylist". Most people have no clue about the whole topic and come to a forum like this to get a first guidance. I did the same... And he has not given any more information about his resume, qualifications, education or capital available.

So lets answer with neutral information first.

If you have the right credentials, you also have options without a college degree in some of the categories.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
14 minutes ago, goblin said:

Why is this a weird question of the OP? To me it is a weird answer, if you assume something because you see the word "hair stylist". Most people have no clue about the whole topic and come to a forum like this to get a first guidance. I did the same... And he has not given any more information about his resume, qualifications, education or capital available.

So lets answer with neutral information first.

If you have the right credentials, you also have options without a college degree in some of the categories.

Not really

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Transborderwife said:

Without a specialized degree he has little chance.  Intra company transfer as I mentioned is about the only way.

Again this is just personal guessing and actually misleading until you have no further information about the credentials of the OP. You don't need a college degree for an O1B for example, especially not in his field. I know plenty of artist who got one eventually, but first thought they have little to NO chance... and I am very knowable in that visa area myself.

Until the OP has not revealed more details this "probably advice" here is not helpful.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Just now, goblin said:

Again this is just personal guessing and actually misleading until you have no further information about the credentials of the OP. You don't need a college degree for an O1B for example, especially not in his field. I know plenty of artist who got one eventually, but first thought they have little to NO chance... and I am very knowable in that visa area myself.

Until the OP has not revealed more details this "probably advice" here is not helpful.

You may think so, others don't.  We are permitted to post the best advice for the situation.  Either way he needs to ask an immigration lawyer for a consultation.  

Timeline
Just now, Transborderwife said:

You may think so, others don't.  We are permitted to post the best advice for the situation.  Either way he needs to ask an immigration lawyer for a consultation.  

OF COURSE you are permitted to post your opinion, I would not dare to have you not!

I am just kindly asking you guys to leave the personal guessing out for now and give him the dry options first until OP gave us more facts about his personal situation.

I agree about the lawyer later, I have hired one too. But a forum can be a good place to start your research.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Obviously more info is needed and as the OP has been back but not added further I would surmise this is a no goer.

Does remind me I need a trim.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
On 4/20/2017 at 10:14 AM, goblin said:

OF COURSE you are permitted to post your opinion, I would not dare to have you not!

I am just kindly asking you guys to leave the personal guessing out for now and give him the dry options first until OP gave us more facts about his personal situation.

I agree about the lawyer later, I have hired one too. But a forum can be a good place to start your research.

This is going to be my last response in the thread before we hear again from OP, but, you are contradicting yourself, and are not looking at the situation through a realistic lens.

If you have major sources of capital (as the ones usually required for investor visas), then you will not go to a forum to ask question about immigration. That's just reality - you would go right to a lawyer and make sure that your funds are invested properly. Correct? Correct. So based on the information provided, we can derive some assumptions, and provide suggestions based on assumptions unless we hear otherwise. Touting your horn with "stop the assumptions" is a bit... how would I put it... not in line with the goal.

Just personal 2 cents.

Timeline
On 22.4.2017 at 5:18 PM, KurosawaSan said:

If you have major sources of capital (as the ones usually required for investor visas), then you will not go to a forum to ask question about immigration. That's just reality - you would go right to a lawyer and make sure that your funds are invested properly. Correct?

Not correct, what a strange assumption that now. I know plenty of other forums where people come with all sorts of visa questions from ALL categories.

But you know what? Fine, then do you assumptions if you think you are a helpful source of help like this.

If I may assume something in a similar way like I think you do, being a F1-Visa holder wouldn't make me confident that you have much knowledge of what you are actually talking about, since you probably never went a similar path.

But I just derive some assumptions, based on the information provided. :rolleyes:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 4/20/2017 at 8:06 PM, Boiler said:

Obviously more info is needed and as the OP has been back but not added further I would surmise this is a no goer.

Does remind me I need a trim.

:rofl: omg your sense of humor is me all the way!!!!

Filed: Country:
Timeline

assumptions are bad things to make. even smart people make bad ones, eye the nasa one where one person thought it was miles and the other kilometers and the end result was a rover destroyed on mars. so until the OP says either way no one can know for sure.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.