Annie0913

USCIS cashed check but I didn't receive a receipt??

24 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Hello, so I mailed my paperwork on 04/08/2017 and almost a week later on 04/13/2017, I checked my bank account and it shows that they have cashed the check for $535. Attached with the package is the form G-1145 which request an electronic notification when the USCIS accepts the application. I haven't received a notification yet. I processed the application myself and had my sister reviewed it. She called the workers before and told us that they wouldn't cash the check until everything was approved. We don't have any lawyers helping us out. So I'm a bit anxious.

So my question is.. since the USCIS cashed the check ($535) but didn't send out a receipt, does that mean my application has been accepted? I don't want to share this news with my fiance just yet until I know 100% that it has been accepted. Please help!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline

A cashed check means you're case is in the system. It might take says or weeks to receive a notification, electronically and by mail.

If it isn't difficult, it isn't worth it.

K1 process

9/24/15: I129f sent

9/30/15: NOA1

11/2/15: NOA2

Delayed processing due to work

3/15/16: Medical

4/28/16: Interview (approved)

Delayed entry due to work

8/12/16: POE Detroit

9/4/16: Wedding!

AOS process:

9/9/16: I485/I131/I765 sent

9/14/16: Received 3xNOAs by text/e-mail (day 2)

9/14-18/16: Received 3xpaper NOAs 

9/23/16: Received biometrics appointment letter (day 11)

10/3/16: Biometrics appointment (day 19)

11/4/16: EAD+AP approved (day 53)

11/16/16: EAD status changed to card shipped (day 65)

11/17/16: EAD/AP combo card received (day 66)

12/30/16: Notice of interview scheduled (day 109)

2/1/17: AOS interview (day 142) - APPROVED

2/8/17: GC received (day 150)

ROC process:

11/3/2018: ROC window opens

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Exactly as above, they will cash the check first, then maybe takes another week sometimes. They get backlogged a bit time to time and right now seems everyones NOA1s and such are taking a while.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Timeline
11 minutes ago, A'n'L said:

A cashed check means you're case is in the system. It might take says or weeks to receive a notification, electronically and by mail.

So it's safe to tell my fiance that the paperwork has been approved? and that we're just waiting for the notification with the receipt number?

Just because they cashed the check it does not mean that the case was approved it just means that they have it in the office.  Approval takes a about 3 months for the I-130 petition, not sure what you filed.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Sol1427 said:

Just because they cashed the check it does not mean that the case was approved it just means that they have it in the office.  Approval takes a about 3 months for the I-130 petition, not sure what you filed.

Ok, thanks for clarification. I filed for the K-1 Fiance Visa form I-129F. How would you know if your case has been approved or denied? Would they send a formal mail or something stating wise?

1 minute ago, Annie0913 said:

Ok, thanks for clarification. I filed for the K-1 Fiance Visa form I-129F. How would you know if your case has been approved or denied? Would they send a formal mail or something stating wise?

They will send a NOA2 when it is approved, an RFE if they need more evidence, or just a notice if they deny it. Also, the NOA1 will have a receipt number where you can track it on their website (or via various mobile apps). You can also signup on the USCIS website using that receipt number to get alerts.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

They send me an email as well as a text message.  I would recommend you just create an acct with USCIS website so that you yourself can track your case, there were times that they updated my case and did not send me an email or text at all.  They will also send you a letter which looks like a certificate saying that your case was approved and that it will be send to the NVC, not sure what your letter would look like since I filed a different form then you did. 

Filed: Country:
Timeline

the g1145 is only processed at the lockbox locations (Lewisville, Chicago and phoenix) and the i129f is sent to Dallas for usps so they will never be sending you those emails or texts. if you used fedex, ups or DHL then you were supposed to send it to Lewisville so you might get notified. luckily there was no fee for it.

good luck

Timeline
19 minutes ago, f f said:

the g1145 is only processed at the lockbox locations (Lewisville, Chicago and phoenix) and the i129f is sent to Dallas for usps so they will never be sending you those emails or texts. if you used fedex, ups or DHL then you were supposed to send it to Lewisville so you might get notified. luckily there was no fee for it.

good luck

So I won't be getting any text/email? That's just great..... :(

Do you suggest I create an account with the USCIS so I can just track it myself?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Annie0913 said:

So I won't be getting any text/email? That's just great..... :(

Do you suggest I create an account with the USCIS so I can just track it myself?

I sent my petition through USPS to Dallas with the G-1145 and I did receive text and email notification...

You can't really track your case until you receive your case number, which will be listed in the text/email as well as the paper NOA1 copy. 

Hang in there, you will receive your NOA1 soon. It's taking between 1-2 weeks for NOA1 notifications these days. The fact that they already cashed the check is a good sign. 

If you are going through the visa process and will be interviewing in Casablanca, Morocco, join us over at the

US-Morocco Visa Discussion Facebook Group! :) 

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

December 19, 2016: NOA1 receive date 

May 5, 2017: NOA2 hardcopy (still listed as 'received' online...)

May 23, 2017: NVC case number assigned

July 10, 2017: Interview
July 14, 2017: Visa in hand
July 27, 2017: POE at ORD

August 5, 2017: Married!

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

September 8, 2017 : Mailed AOS Packet

September 16, 2017 : NOA1 text/emails (receive date Sept. 12)

October 2, 2017 : Biometrics Appointment

October 13, 2017 : RFIE letter received in mail (they want an English translated Birth Certificate, which we included in the original petition...)

January 24, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in hand

August 9, 2018: AOS Interview (Approved)

August 9, 2018: "Card in Production"

August 16, 2018: Green card in hand

May 2020: ROC!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I sent mine via UPS on 12/29/16, and I received a text and email notification about 3 weeks later, and then they cashed my check about two weeks after that. But I still didn't get my notice in the mail so I called their customer service and inquired and the officer claimed they sent it out and they couldn't resend it. So another month later I sent a request on their website again about missing document, and they finally sent the notice to me another month later.

For missing notices, I went here: https://egov.uscis.gov/e-Request/Intro.do 

I clicked on "did not receive by mail" - this only works if you have the receipt number, though I think. You could try their customer service number: 1-800-375-5283 

Timeline

I literally just got a text/ email notification from the USCIS!! Thanks everyone! I know it's not yet approved but this is a big step for me in this process. I now have a tracking number to track of everything :jest:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.