209 posts in this topic

Filed: Country:
Timeline

YOUR KIDS COME FIRST. PERIOD

it is your legal responsibility to protect and raise them. if you bring them into a dangerous situation you can be liable. and having a prison who yell as children demanding respect while not giving the child any and then trashing the bedroom when she is angry and to top it off she throws you under the bus when the cops come claiming you hit her. do you think she is a good influence for your children and do your children feel safe with her?

given your situation it sounds like you rushed to into this with the one bedroom apartment and not having money for aos.

get yourself safe and more importantly get your kids safe.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
3 minutes ago, TheResistance said:

We met like most others... online. We dated online for two years before she came to America. She knew I had kids and was divorced since day 1. She has pulled threats even online. I always thought things would get better.

Wow! She pulled threats online and you still married her?

You knew that this woman behaved like this for over 2 years and you still married her!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 minutes ago, jakelake said:

Wow! She pulled threats online and you still married her?

You knew that this woman behaved like this for over 2 years and you still married her!

I had kept having faith things would be better when she got out of a stressful environment. She just, for the past year now, blamed me for putting her in another one because, since day one, always had an issue with the ex thinking the ex was always going to plan to break us up. Trust me, the ex had nothing to do with anything except dealing with the kids with me.

I was still in love with this woman and thought I could make her happy.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
9 minutes ago, TheResistance said:

We met like most others... online. We dated online for two years before she came to America. She knew I had kids and was divorced since day 1. She has pulled threats even online. I always thought things would get better.

Did you visit her in her country? Met her family?  Did you or your kids spend time with her before marriage? Probably she has some mental problems. Unfortunately you can not do much now but divorce and think of your kids safety and your own mental health. I'm sorry you have to go thru something like this. All the best for you and your children.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
Just now, TheResistance said:

I had kept having faith things would be better when she got out of a stressful environment. She just, for the past year now, blamed me for putting her in another one because, since day one, always had an issue with the ex thinking the ex was always going to plan to break us up. Trust me, the ex had nothing to do with anything except dealing with the kids with me.

But she does not seem to love you! Love goes both ways.

Timeline
Just now, Sunnyland said:

Did you visit her in her country? Met her family?  Did you or your kids spend time with her before marriage? Probably she has some mental problems. Unfortunately you can not do much now but divorce and think of your kids safety and your own mental health. I'm sorry you have to go thru something like this. All the best for you and your children.

Yes, once I visited her. Met her family. Everyone saw her as the sweetest. She was fine, except on the last night, I was there. She met the kids online before coming in, which was still another year.

7 minutes ago, TheResistance said:

You were/are in love with what she could have been.  Honestly, go and read back your old posts, it was doomed from the beginning because of your delusion that she would change and everything was amplified by your never ending lack of resources. Protect yourself and your family and cut your losses.

Edited by Lemonslice

Timeline
1 minute ago, Lemonslice said:

You were/are in love with what she could have been.  Honestly, go and read back your old posts, it was doomed from the beginning because of your delusion that she would change and everything was amplified by your never ending lack of resources.

I agree.

15 minutes ago, Sunnyland said:

I agree! Divorce is your best option right now because best believe, it will not get better! Sometimes we think we can change people but in reality, that is who they are. I however understand that the frustration of not being able to work and adjust her status may have contributed to her break down but still...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

For those not familiar a review of the OP's past posts would be educative.

ICE etc seems most unlikely VAWA on he other hand much more so.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

There must be an underlying mental issue here, otherwise we all would go thru a breakdown when unable to work due to waiting for the approval. I always suggest to do some volunteering, without getting paid, while waiting for the EAD or GC. Do something useful with the time, otherwise the wait is crazy.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Sunnyland said:

There must be an underlying mental issue here, otherwise we all would go thru a breakdown when unable to work due to waiting for the approval. I always suggest to do some volunteering, without getting paid, while waiting for the EAD or GC. Do something useful with the time, otherwise the wait is crazy.

He never filed, money issues, something that goes back to before she arrived.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Boiler said:

He never filed, money issues, something that goes back to before she arrived.

I always encouraged her to volunteer doing something, especially at the church.

We could have add just about all we needed for AOS by now if it were not for increased rent over the summer, car repairs (and car is dead right now), and medical bills because of so many factors.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.