8,297 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Switzerland
Timeline

The way I went about submitting photographs was this.   I went through our pictures together and picked out the 8 best photos.  They were printed out at FedEx office using the Sony Picture Station.  Easy to use because it automatically resizes your pictures to 4 x 6 without any hassle.  You can preview each photo before it prints out for peace of mind.  It's also instant gratification, just step up to the machine and it prints out. :)     But let's continue....  

Instead of writing on the back of each picture, I put together a template in Word.  It has a placeholder for each picture and a typed description next to each photo.  You can fit two, 4 x 6 pictures on a page.  I attached the photos to the pages using 2 sided scotch tape.  The pages went into the plastic page holders I used for the packet binder.  As far as the descriptions go I put the date, place and depending the event.  I didn't bother typing out everyones names, as the adjudicators wouldn't know who they are (or I doubt care) in most cases.          

Picture Template.doc

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The way I went about submitting photographs was this.   I went through our pictures together and picked out the 8 best photos.  They were printed out at FedEx office using the Sony Picture Station.  Easy to use because it automatically resizes your pictures to 4 x 6 without any hassle.  You can preview each photo before it prints out for peace of mind.  It's also instant gratification, just step up to the machine and it prints out. :)     But let's continue....  

Instead of writing on the back of each picture, I put together a template in Word.  It has a placeholder for each picture and a typed description next to each photo.  You can fit two, 4 x 6 pictures on a page.  I attached the photos to the pages using 2 sided scotch tape.  The pages went into the plastic page holders I used for the packet binder.  As far as the descriptions go I put the date, place and depending the event.  I didn't bother typing out everyones names, as the adjudicators wouldn't know who they are (or I doubt care) in most cases.          

Picture Template.doc

We almost have the same timeline!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
21 hours ago, nexiou said:

Ahah! It seems like we have to learn how to deal with our stress and be patient, that's a good challenge for us!

Hi, nexiou. I just saw someone started the May fillers thread, just in case you want to check that one in the future for people with timelines more similar to yours.

Anyway, you are more than welcome to stay around here or come visit anytime :P Let us know if you already sent your package and how things are going :) 

K1 Visa process 

Spoiler

30 March 2017 (Thu): i-129f sent

6 April 2017 (Thu): i-129f received- NOA1 RECEIVED DATE

12 April 2017 (Wed): NOA1 email/text confirmation

17 April 2017 (Mon): NOA1 hardcopy

10 August 2017 (Thu): NOA2 Approval date - 14 August 2017 (Mon): NOA2 hardcopy

24 August 2017 (Thu): NVC received and case # assigned (provided through phone call 8/25)

29 August 2017 (Tue): NVC left

30 August 2017 (Wed): Consulate Received (READY at the ceac tracker)

01 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 3 (instructions) received / Packet 3 sent (documents mailed)

02 September 2017 (Sat): NVC letter in the mail

08 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 4 received

11 September 2017 (Mon): Medical exam

21 September 2017 (Thu): Interview- APPROVED

26 September 2017 (Tue): Visa Issued

28 September 2017 (Thu): Visa Delivered (VOH)

20 October 2017 (Fri): POE Dallas Fort Worth

AOS/EAD/AP process 

Spoiler

08 January 2018 (Mon): AOS/EAD/AP package sent

09 January 2018 (Tue): Received date

10 January 2018 (Wed): Notice date

11 January 2018 (Thu): AOS/EAD/AP NOA texts and emails

16 January 2018 (Tue): NOAs hard copies received in the mail

26 January 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment in the mail

09 February 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment

05 April 2018 (Thu)Green Card Interview scheduled (email and text received 08 April, Sunday)

12 April 2018 (Thu): Green Card Interview appointment letter received in the mail

15 May 2018 (Tue): Green Card Interview: APPROVAL / Card is being produced

19 May 2018 (Sat): 1-797 Approval Notice received

23 May 2018 (Wed): Card was mailed

24 May 2018 (Thu): Post office picked up the mail. Tracking number.

25 May 2018 (Fri): Green Card RECEIVED

ROC process 

18 February 2020 (Tue): ROC package sent

19 February 2020 (Wed) Received date (also in Notice)

24 February 2020 (Mon) Notice date / ROC text and email

28 February 2020 (Fri) NOA/ Extension Letter in the mail

13 May 2020 (Wed) Case updated (Fingerprints were taken) - Notification received 18 May (Mon), stating I don't have to appear for a biometrics appointment

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

Hi everybody,

So our package for the fiancé visa was almost ready to be sent, we just needed to translate my proof of residency. Today my fiancé had an appointment with a lawyer who is also a translator. He explained her our case and the fact that we'll have to move multiple times during the process.

My fiancé is in the military and we are now living in Germany together. He is separating in July and so our plan was for for me to move back to Belgium while I was waiting for the visa. For him, he has to live in one state for three months for his new job before to move definitely to Oregon, where we will live together. Long story short, she said that everytime we will move, the process would start over. I read so many posts about people moving while the visa was processing and I know it would delay the process but not make us start over everytime we move? What do you think?

Timeline
13 minutes ago, nexiou said:

Hi everybody,

So our package for the fiancé visa was almost ready to be sent, we just needed to translate my proof of residency. Today my fiancé had an appointment with a lawyer who is also a translator. He explained her our case and the fact that we'll have to move multiple times during the process.

My fiancé is in the military and we are now living in Germany together. He is separating in July and so our plan was for for me to move back to Belgium while I was waiting for the visa. For him, he has to live in one state for three months for his new job before to move definitely to Oregon, where we will live together. Long story short, she said that everytime we will move, the process would start over. I read so many posts about people moving while the visa was processing and I know it would delay the process but not make us start over everytime we move? What do you think?

That's a tricky question. Hope someone more experienced can help you out with it, but here are my thoughts...

First thing, what the lawyer said seems kind of extreme. USCIS has a procedure for people moving to let them know their new address during the process, now while waiting for NOA2 or later during the AOS stage. So it can't be you have to start all over every time.

Then one thing is true. When you fill i-129F you have to indicate in which consulate you are having your interview. So that's something to have into account when filling it out. If you are going to move to Belgium soon, then maybe you should wait until you do so... or maybe you should not move and go through the visa process in Germany. I don't really know, kind of lost here...

So yes, you have to try and figure out things a bit more maybe before sending the petition so it's as accurate as possible. But no, I don't think you have to start all over every time you move.

Also see if this old post can help you out somehow...

Good luck figuring everything out! :rolleyes:

K1 Visa process 

Spoiler

24 August 2017 (Thu): NVC received and case # assigned (provided through phone call 8/25)

01 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 3 (instructions) received / Packet 3 sent (documents mailed)

AOS/EAD/AP process 

Spoiler

05 April 2018 (Thu)Green Card Interview scheduled (email and text received 08 April, Sunday)

12 April 2018 (Thu): Green Card Interview appointment letter received in the mail

ROC process 

13 May 2020 (Wed) Case updated (Fingerprints were taken) - Notification received 18 May (Mon), stating I don't have to appear for a biometrics appointment

Timeline
56 minutes ago, Estibaliz said:

That's a tricky question. Hope someone more experienced can help you out with it, but here are my thoughts...

First thing, what the lawyer said seems kind of extreme. USCIS has a procedure for people moving to let them know their new address during the process, now while waiting for NOA2 or later during the AOS stage. So it can't be you have to start all over every time.

Then one thing is true. When you fill i-129F you have to indicate in which consulate you are having your interview. So that's something to have into account when filling it out. If you are going to move to Belgium soon, then maybe you should wait until you do so... or maybe you should not move and go through the visa process in Germany. I don't really know, kind of lost here...

So yes, you have to try and figure out things a bit more maybe before sending the petition so it's as accurate as possible. But no, I don't think you have to start all over every time you move.

I was reading some post on facebook about RFE. I got scared all of a sudden about the 2x2 picture size. 😢 

Mine was different from my fiancé size 

Timeline
43 minutes ago, krizia said:

I was reading some post on facebook about RFE. I got scared all of a sudden about the 2x2 picture size. 😢 

Mine was different from my fiancé size 

Sorry to hear that. I'm afraid I've seen other people here getting RFE's because of that same reason.

But don't panic yet. Think that's an easy thing to fix if it happens... And you might even get lucky and the officer checking your petition not noticing or thinking it's ok.

So be ready to fix it if needed, but not point in worrying too much, because it's done already :(

K1 Visa process 

Spoiler

AOS/EAD/AP process 

Spoiler

ROC process 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Estibaliz said:

Thank you for answering and calming me down, as always! I checked on other forums and I never seen that it would start everything over so we are going to coll USCIS in a hour to know exactly if that would be that much a problem. The lawyer even said that we should get married in a court in Germany as soon as possible, we are not doing that!! 

I saw your message about the May Fillers Thread, I will definitely join it if we are still good for the Fiancé visa! 

Thank you again!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Switzerland
Timeline
9 hours ago, nexiou said:

Hi everybody,

You probably want to post this in the main K-1 forum.  T:here are only a couple of us that actually see these posts.  You will get more experienced and more answers there!  Good luck!

Timeline
On 4/26/2017 at 9:33 AM, etteniMTtocs said:

All glory to God. My fiance just received text/email of our NOA1. Finally, the long journey of waiting starts. Needs to have a lot of patience :)

04/17/2017 - I129 packet sent

04/19/2017 - I129 packet delivered

04/24/2017 - NOA1 - Received text/email

04/25/2017 - Encashed cheque

04/28/2017 - NOA1 - Received hardcopy

One day more..One day less..One day closer

04/17/2017 - I-129 packet sent

04/19/2017 - I-129 packet delivered

04/20/2017 - NOA1 - Received text/email

04/24/2017 - NOA1 - Notice Date

04/25/2017 - Cheque Encashment

09/19/2017 - NOA2 - Approved (notice from USCIS website)

09/18/2017 - NOA2 - Approved date from hardcopy

09/21/2017 - NOA2 - Received hardcopy

10/03/2017 - MCN Available

10/10-11/2017 - SLEC medical done (MCN CEAC status "AT NVC")

10/11/2017 - MCN CEAC status changed to "IN TRANSIT"

10/12/2017 - MCN CEAC status changed to READY

10/16/2017 VISA APPROVED!!!

10/18/2017 VISA ISSUED!!!

10/21/2017 VISA ON HAND

10/30/2017 CFO seminar

11/10/2017 Fly to USA

Timeline
46 minutes ago, etteniMTtocs said:

All glory to God. My fiance just received text/email of our NOA1. Finally, the long journey of waiting starts. Needs to have a lot of patience :)

04/17/2017 - I129 packet sent

04/19/2017 - I129 packet delivered

04/24/2017 - NOA1 - Received text/email

04/25/2017 - Encashed cheque

Congrats!!! We have only been waiting a little over 30 days now but it seems like forever lol.....ofcourse ive not seen her in person since January...thank goodness for skype!!!! Best wishes and God bless on your journey!

Timeline
1 hour ago, SChamb said:

Congrats!!! We have only been waiting a little over 30 days now but it seems like forever lol.....ofcourse ive not seen her in person since January...thank goodness for skype!!!! Best wishes and God bless on your journey!

Pretty doing well, the waiting wouldn't lasts forever. ;). Keep praying and keep the faith. God bless.

One day more..One day less..One day closer

04/17/2017 - I-129 packet sent

04/19/2017 - I-129 packet delivered

04/20/2017 - NOA1 - Received text/email

04/24/2017 - NOA1 - Notice Date

04/25/2017 - Cheque Encashment

09/19/2017 - NOA2 - Approved (notice from USCIS website)

09/18/2017 - NOA2 - Approved date from hardcopy

09/21/2017 - NOA2 - Received hardcopy

10/03/2017 - MCN Available

10/10-11/2017 - SLEC medical done (MCN CEAC status "AT NVC")

10/11/2017 - MCN CEAC status changed to "IN TRANSIT"

10/12/2017 - MCN CEAC status changed to READY

10/16/2017 VISA APPROVED!!!

10/18/2017 VISA ISSUED!!!

10/21/2017 VISA ON HAND

10/30/2017 CFO seminar

11/10/2017 Fly to USA

Timeline
13 hours ago, Cruise77 said:

You probably want to post this in the main K-1 forum.  T:here are only a couple of us that actually see these posts.  You will get more experienced and more answers there!  Good luck!

Thank you!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 4/28/2017 at 7:04 AM, nexiou said:

Hi everybody,

Sounds like the lawyer was misinformed.  The process will continue on the same timeline.  You may only interview in the country of which you have residence.  If you are a legal resident (not just visiting or living for a while) of multiple countries, I believe you may choose. 

Make sure that he has a stable place to receive mail.

Our Journey:
04/19/2014- Met online
10/2014- Visited Nigeria and he proposed!!!! 
02/28/2015- Sent I-129F petition
03/05/2015- NOA1
09/2015- Visited Nigeria again!!!
10/28/2015- NOA2 (237 day wait at TSC)
11/13/2015- Sent to NVC
11/27/2015- Arrived at Embassy
06/2016- Third visit to Nigeria!
06/15/2016- Interview, given option to file I-601 waiver.
08/16/2016- Waiver submitted (no lawyer).
11/21/2016- Waiver approved with expedite.
01/2017- Embassy requested interview. 
04/2017- Fourth visit to Nigeria.  K1 officially denied. 
04/25/2017- NOA1 for 2nd K1.
07/27/2017- Case transferred to TSC.
11/17/2017- Case transferred back to CSC.
01/16/2018- NOA2!! (266 day wait)
03/08/2018- Interview (AP)
05/03/2018- VISA APPROVAL!!!
05/14/2018- Visa issued
05/18/2018- Visa picked up
05/25/2018- HE'S HOME!!! 💙💙💙

God has given me a great knowledgebase through research and other members here on VJ.  Please do not hesitate to reach out if I can be of any assistance to you! 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Good (very early morning)!  I'm a 2nd time filer (same fiance).

Feel free to ask any questions about the process, I'll be glad to help in any way that I can! 

My first K1 was received March 2015 and we were stuck in the Texas Service Center backlog for 8 months (this was before they began routing all I-129F petitions to CSC).  I'm so thankful that petitions are moving so quickly now! 

Here's to us! 

Edited by Unshakable Faith

Our Journey:
04/19/2014- Met online
10/2014- Visited Nigeria and he proposed!!!! 
02/28/2015- Sent I-129F petition
03/05/2015- NOA1
09/2015- Visited Nigeria again!!!
10/28/2015- NOA2 (237 day wait at TSC)
11/13/2015- Sent to NVC
11/27/2015- Arrived at Embassy
06/2016- Third visit to Nigeria!
06/15/2016- Interview, given option to file I-601 waiver.
08/16/2016- Waiver submitted (no lawyer).
11/21/2016- Waiver approved with expedite.
01/2017- Embassy requested interview. 
04/2017- Fourth visit to Nigeria.  K1 officially denied. 
04/25/2017- NOA1 for 2nd K1.
07/27/2017- Case transferred to TSC.
11/17/2017- Case transferred back to CSC.
01/16/2018- NOA2!! (266 day wait)
03/08/2018- Interview (AP)
05/03/2018- VISA APPROVAL!!!
05/14/2018- Visa issued
05/18/2018- Visa picked up
05/25/2018- HE'S HOME!!! 💙💙💙

God has given me a great knowledgebase through research and other members here on VJ.  Please do not hesitate to reach out if I can be of any assistance to you! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.