Fmab Wasenob

NVC Approved Request for Expedite. What Now?

42 posts in this topic

On 4/4/2017 at 7:20 PM, Fmab Wasenob said:

update: file is in transit to US Consulate

still dont know whos going to schedule the interview. Obviously not NVC but it's either manually scheduled by me or the embassy.

I was told I would get instructions once the file reaches the embassy but I don't know how accurate that is.

Still don't know if fingerprints are done on the day of visa interview or not

Any update ?

And did  you see  third n/a  in online case status?

Mine was approved on Tuesday and  received  same email.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 3/31/2017 at 9:33 PM, Indianapolisn400 said:

I asked question about expedite as well but didn't get a straight answer. Luckily, I got a response from NVC itself. Anyway, to answer your 1st Q, they sent my paperwork within 24 hrs. I'm from Philippines tho. Your next questions, can't answer yet. It is still in transit as we speak. Just got approved with my expedite 2 days ago

Status shows ready. Didnt get a straight answer from NVC or embassy. Both kept telling me to contact each other so I just went ahead and scheduled the interview appointment on ustraveldocs.com/in manually since they want to play childish games when I'm the one who paid them.

Timeline
On 4/6/2017 at 1:18 PM, Thoughtsarethings said:

Any update ?

And did  you see  third n/a  in online case status?

Mine was approved on Tuesday and  received  same email.

read above post

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Update

upon approval of expedite the NVC sent my spouses file to the us embassy in Mumbai. Once received the ceac status showed READY.

once that happened I manually scheduled the interview via ustraveldocs.com/in for the Mumbai us embassy. 2 separate appointments: 1 for fingerprints and the other for visa interview

inbetween that my spouse went to a medical clinic for a medical examination and they wouldn't accept her because we didn't have a P4 letter that you get from NVC that states your interview date. Instead we had a confirmation letter directly from the embassy which they wouldn't accept lol. Being the arrogant and money hungry Indians they are, they didn't even bother to review the letter that was provided to us directly from the US embassy (interview was 4 days away). After hours of arguing and them realizing we weren't going to throw them money besides the regular fees, they finally did the exam.

my wife went to the vac and consular interview appointments with no problem. Visa was printed and currently awaiting postal delivery

3 hours ago, Fmab Wasenob said:

Update

upon approval of expedite the NVC sent my spouses file to the us embassy in Mumbai. Once received the ceac status showed READY.

once that happened I manually scheduled the interview via ustraveldocs.com/in for the Mumbai us embassy. 2 separate appointments: 1 for fingerprints and the other for visa interview

inbetween that my spouse went to a medical clinic for a medical examination and they wouldn't accept her because we didn't have a P4 letter that you get from NVC that states your interview date. Instead we had a confirmation letter directly from the embassy which they wouldn't accept lol. Being the arrogant and money hungry Indians they are, they didn't even bother to review the letter that was provided to us directly from the US embassy (interview was 4 days away). After hours of arguing and them realizing we weren't going to throw them money besides the regular fees, they finally did the exam.

my wife went to the vac and consular interview appointments with no problem. Visa was printed and currently awaiting postal delivery

Thanks for your update, this helps me greatly because although I'm in another country, I too am dealing with expedite criteria so its not straightforward.  
Is "ready" when the embassy has received  your file?  Good to know about the P4 letter, that must be what my embassy has been talking about.They said I can't do my medical til they send me the automatically generated medical forms and letter when my file arrive to them.   
Congratulations on the interview going great!  

Got married: 26th Sep 2013 

I-130 Petition Process:

Sent petition to USCIS Chicago lockbox (via in-laws to put check in US$): 11 Mar, 2016

NOA1: 24 Mar, 2016 (email notification 30 Mar. Hardcopy 11 Apr)

Service Centre: NEBRASKA

NOA2: 3rd Aug 2016

Petition sent to NVC: 18th Aug 2016

NVC Stage

Case number assigned: 8th Sep 2016

Paid AOS Fee: 9th Sep 2016

Paid IV Fee: 14th Sep 2016

DS-260 submitted: 25th Jan 2017

AOS & IV Package sent: 25th Jan 2017

Expedite requested: 25th Jan 2017

Expedite approved (consulate only): 1st Feb 2017

Scan Date: 31st Jan 2017

Case Complete: 14th April 2017 (10 weeks 4 days)

Full expedite approved (bypass NVC to send file to embassy), however too late as I already had case complete 17th Apr 2017

Case arrived at Embassy: 21st April 2017

P4 letter received: 26th April 2017 (expedite at embassy stage so this came from the consulate, not NVC)

Medical date: 26th April 2017

Interview date: 4th May 2017 APPROVED!!

Visa received: 8th May 2017 

POE (entered the USA): 15th May 2017 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Thesmiths2016 said:

Thanks for your update, this helps me greatly because although I'm in another country, I too am dealing with expedite criteria so its not straightforward.  
Is "ready" when the embassy has received  your file?  Good to know about the P4 letter, that must be what my embassy has been talking about.They said I can't do my medical til they send me the automatically generated medical forms and letter when my file arrive to them.   
Congratulations on the interview going great!  

Yes, ready is when the embassy receives your file and you can schedule the appointment online if your country has a ustraveldocs website or call the embassy to schedule an appointment of your country doesn't utilize said website.

the p4 is generated by the NVC when they schedule the interview for you. My case skipped the NVC step so I didn't get a P4 or any letter from the embassy or NVC besides the fact that my case was approved of expedite. The embassy didn't even tell me they received the file. I just checked the sources and websites provided to me and put 2 and 2 together. Status showed ready so I scheduled the interview; why else would it show ready?

each and every single embassy operates differently and I tried to contact my embassy for assistance. Every time I contacted them for assistance they would direct me to the NVC and the NVC would tell me not to call back because the file is not in their hands anymore.

thats how I got a feel for how the us embassy I was working with operates as far as case processing and customer service; I realized I was not going to get the help I desperately and indispensably needed due to the negligence ok their part. So I schedule the interview myself.

as far as the medical, each medical facility operates differently as well. The medical facility we went to asked for a visa appointment letter. We showed them the embassy appointment confirmation letter but they wanted a NVC letter which we would never get due to our case being expedited. So after hours of arguing they finally took my wife in. Just call and ask if they'll accept the embassy generated letter because your case was expedite. Hopefully the medical personnel in your country aren't as arrogant and negligent and misinformed as the Indians were

2 minutes ago, Fmab Wasenob said:

Yes, ready is when the embassy receives your file and you can schedule the appointment online if your country has a ustraveldocs website or call the embassy to schedule an appointment of your country doesn't utilize said website.

the p4 is generated by the NVC when they schedule the interview for you. My case skipped the NVC step so I didn't get a P4 or any letter from the embassy or NVC besides the fact that my case was approved of expedite. The embassy didn't even tell me they received the file. I just checked the sources and websites provided to me and put 2 and 2 together. Status showed ready so I scheduled the interview; why else would it show ready?

each and every single embassy operates differently and I tried to contact my embassy for assistance. Every time I contacted them for assistance they would direct me to the NVC and the NVC would tell me not to call back because the file is not in their hands anymore.

thats how I got a feel for how the us embassy I was working with operates as far as case processing and customer service; I realized I was not going to get the help I desperately and indispensably needed due to the negligence ok their part. So I schedule the interview myself.

as far as the medical, each medical facility operates differently as well. The medical facility we went to asked for a visa appointment letter. We showed them the embassy appointment confirmation letter but they wanted a NVC letter which we would never get due to our case being expedited. So after hours of arguing they finally took my wife in. Just call and ask if they'll accept the embassy generated letter because your case was expedite. Hopefully the medical personnel in your country aren't as arrogant and negligent and misinformed as the Indians were

Thank you for taking the time to give me such a detailed reply.  I think I will check with the medical centre. I'm going to contact NVC soon to see if they have record of an interview being scheduled for me.  I got conflicting stories because I too had an expedite (although not like you where I skip NVC). One call I was told the embassy will contact me with an interview, and another I was told NVC will do so.  So far my case says ready as of today and no one has contacted me. It sounds like my embassy is better than yours though as I get a response within 48 hours when I email them and they're quite helpful. SO fingers crossed everything goes smoothly!

I-130 Petition Process:

Sent petition to USCIS Chicago lockbox (via in-laws to put check in US$): 11 Mar, 2016

NVC Stage

Full expedite approved (bypass NVC to send file to embassy), however too late as I already had case complete 17th Apr 2017

P4 letter received: 26th April 2017 (expedite at embassy stage so this came from the consulate, not NVC)

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Thesmiths2016 said:

Thank you for taking the time to give me such a detailed reply.  I think I will check with the medical centre. I'm going to contact NVC soon to see if they have record of an interview being scheduled for me.  I got conflicting stories because I too had an expedite (although not like you where I skip NVC). One call I was told the embassy will contact me with an interview, and another I was told NVC will do so.  So far my case says ready as of today and no one has contacted me. It sounds like my embassy is better than yours though as I get a response within 48 hours when I email them and they're quite helpful. SO fingers crossed everything goes smoothly!

What country or embassy?

Timeline
13 hours ago, Thesmiths2016 said:

If you're expedite was approved but you don't skip the NVC portion, then it's the same process like everyone else. The only difference is they won't schedule your interview 1-2 months in the future like everyone else. Your interview date will be closer and unlike my case, you will indeed get a P4 letter from the NVC stating your appointment time and date

4 hours ago, Fmab Wasenob said:

If you're expedite was approved but you don't skip the NVC portion, then it's the same process like everyone else. The only difference is they won't schedule your interview 1-2 months in the future like everyone else. Your interview date will be closer and unlike my case, you will indeed get a P4 letter from the NVC stating your appointment time and date

I actually spoke to NVC this morning, they advised I won't get anything further from them as my case has left them and gone to the embassy, that all my future paperwork will come from the embassy.  They confirmed my interview has not been scheduled yet.... so now I'm waiting til monday to call the embassy and put this whole process to end!

I-130 Petition Process:

NVC Stage

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I wanted to share my story to potentially help you guys out

I received an expedited process at USCIS for my teenage daughter by going to an Info Pass appointment and speaking with a consular about her health problems.  She has had a lot of anxiety problems being away from her parents for a year now and so I had a letter from her psychologist and her doctor as she fainted twice in school.  The doctors felt that this is all stress related but also felt she needed further neurological evaluation which, in our small rural farming community in Brazil, does not exist.  I found that going to the info pass appointment is what granted us the expedited process as I had already been waiting for 2 months for an expedited response and the consular was so nice and caring/concerned about the situation.  I went to Info Pass on a Thursday and by Monday she had been approved and documents sent to NVC.

Then I emailed NVC explaining she had already been expedited through USCIS and now I was requesting an expedited process through NVC, I also attached all medical documents to the email.  They emailed me within 1 day saying once I submitted everything and paid everything they would expedite it through NVC and the interview.  I called NVC every day and in 2.5 weeks they let me know over the phone CC.

Now yesterday on May 2 the system says IN TRANSIT.  I am like many of you that have not received interview information.  NVC says to contact embassy.  Embassy in Brazil ONLY accepts emails, no phone calls.  They also DO NOT respond to emails....what a joy.

So now I am in the waiting game to find out WHEN and HOW I will know about my daughters interview.  Considering I am in the U.S. and will fly down to meet her for the interview, I hope that they will give me at LEAST 1 weeks notice.

I am so very thankful though for the help I have received and happy that she will be reunited with us VERY VERY SOON.

• 1 year later...
Filed: IR-2 Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Yaaaa! Guys i will share my story
They SureLy are moving fast now☺️
Visa Category IR 2
PD 10/10/2017
NAO2  04-07-2018

NVC receive Case on 27-04-2018

Request for an expedite 30-05-2018 with no nvc #case number or #invoice number
havent paid any fees yet.

Reason for expedite want son to be here soon before he turns to 21 and before his medical college starts!

Receive emaiL regarding NVC expedite request is under review on 02-05-2018.

NVC expedite Approval 02-05-2018

They maiL us that

(

The U.S. Embassy/Consulate General in ISLAMABAD, PKST approved your request for expedited processing of your immigrant visa application. The National Visa Center sent your immigrant visa application to the U.S. Embassy/Consulate General in ISLAMABAD, PKST for their action. The Embassy/Consulate General will contact you soon to schedule a visa interview.

If you have questions about your visa interview, please visit the U.S. Embassy/Consulate General's website at https://usembassy.gov.

Regards,
National Visa Center,
U.S. Department of State
http://nvc.state.gov/ask)

Today Receive Case Number and invoice number in emaiL 05-05-2018.
Pivot Case Islamabad,Pakistan

They toLd me to directly pay fees now and submit documents electronically now!

So guys update is our Case complete is 04-05-2018

Today it was sent to consulate 05-05-2018

Our CEAC status shows (IN Transit) (IsLamabad Embassy Pakistan)

As our case was expedited and NVC process was skip.

So someone told me that our next procedure qill be that

We will do Ds-260 form tomorrow and when case status will show (Ready)

we will scedule interview manually by own,as nvc had not sceduled interview for us.

I was told these things by someone.

any other information and help regarding this would be appreciable and helpful

thanks

What is the next procedure after (Transit status)

I,ll update all when we move forward on!
God bless you all

Edited by Beast8

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.