Fmab Wasenob

NVC Approved Request for Expedite. What Now?

42 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Thesmiths2016 said:

There are two types of expedites. If you care to share the wording of your expedite request I can tell you which it is.  

My expedite says "the consulate agrees to expedite your case once all fees and forms are received ..., however my expedite is only at the consulate level meaning that I just don't stay in a  queue for interviews, they will schedule one right away. BUT I still have to wait for NVC to do their processing timeframe. I'm 8.5 weeks now and they still  haven't given me case complete.  
My expedite was for financial hardship.  I believe only medical and asylum cases get expedite where the file is removed early from NVC, but that's just from what I've seen.

My expedite request for medical reason. And I still don't get a reply and that was 2 months ago.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
4 hours ago, Maryland said:

My expedite request for medical reason. And I still don't get a reply and that was 2 months ago.

did you get a confirmation email saying the NVC received your request for expedite. What email did you send the request to?

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Maryland said:

My case is still in the Nebraska service center :( how long does it take ? 

So you're I130 wasn't even approved yet? 

I got my case expedited basically in the last step of the process. Seems you are in the first step.

I waited 5 months for my I130 to be approved and sent to NVC from Potomac Service Center before requesting an expedite. Even when my file reached the NVC I waited 2 months; I paid the fees, filled the visa application out (DS260). selected agent of choice (DS-261) and sent my AOS and Civil documents. Waited 5 weeks.

Then I sent NVC a request to expedite. They received it on Monday of last week. Tuesday I got confirmation they received it. Friday I got approval email.

This was all done at the NVC. Considering your I130 hasn't even been approved yet and you are in the first step, I don't know what you can do because I have no experience in dealing with the service centers. I would call the Nebraska service center and ask them for a status update. I'm sure they have a contact email as well. Or you could even mail them directly which would take time.

What was your reason for expedite anyways? And did you email them your reason or mail them directly through a post office (with or without supporting documents?) NVC has their own specific way they want expedites to be submitted. I don't know if I can say the same for service centers

9 minutes ago, Fmab Wasenob said:

So you're I130 wasn't even approved yet? 

I got my case expedited basically in the last step of the process. Seems you are in the first step.

I waited 5 months for my I130 to be approved and sent to NVC from Potomac Service Center before requesting an expedite. Even when my file reached the NVC I waited 2 months; I paid the fees, filled the visa application out (DS260). selected agent of choice (DS-261) and sent my AOS and Civil documents. Waited 5 weeks.

Then I sent NVC a request to expedite. They received it on Monday of last week. Tuesday I got confirmation they received it. Friday I got approval email.

This was all done at the NVC. Considering your I130 hasn't even been approved yet and you are in the first step, I don't know what you can do because I have no experience in dealing with the service centers. I would call the Nebraska service center and ask them for a status update. I'm sure they have a contact email as well. Or you could even mail them directly which would take time.

What was your reason for expedite anyways? And did you email them your reason or mail them directly through a post office (with or without supporting documents?) NVC has their own specific way they want expedites to be submitted. I don't know if I can say the same for service centers

Thanks for replying. I have been waiting 7+months for my I 130 to be approved. I called them they said to give them more time. So was your case expedited at the service center level or at Nvc? My medical emergency was my child who is the also the child of my husband  (lol) he was in intensive care and he is a small baby. Do you think that if they approve it this week that it could be expedited in the nvc level? 

Timeline
Just now, Maryland said:

Thanks for replying. I have been waiting 7+months for my I 130 to be approved. I called them they said to give them more time. So was your case expedited at the service center level or at Nvc? My medical emergency was my child who is the also the child of my husband  (lol) he was in intensive care and he is a small baby. Do you think that if they approve it this week that it could be expedited in the nvc level? 

Yes I have read many threads where people got their expedite approved by the NVC as soon as it got approved from USCIS. Although it would be better to wait till the USCIS file reaches NVC and you get assigned a case number from the NVC. At that point you would have to send nvc an email requesting an expedite (nvcexpedite@stave.gov). 

I don't know the severity of your childs medical condition but it needs to show a sense of urgency that you cannot get through it without your spouse. Like my case, it would be wise to send supporting documentation from medical experts or doctors proving this condition and you can claim it as a hardship when requesting your expedite. Make sure you state all reasons that you feel its indispensable that your spouse be with you. ie. Medical reasons for your child can lead to inability to work (financial hardship) let them know it can and will get worse.

Also, just so you don't get your hopes up I would not depend on the expedite process as I have also read many peoples' cases whom were denied expedite processing at the NVC level even though they provided proof and were positive it would get accepted. Furthermore, if it were to get expedited, I heard there are different expedite levels which the embassy decides based on your condition. For example if your expedite reason was financial hardship and you got accepted, it would still need to be processed for a full 11 weeks at the NVC level. Medical and asylum cases that are accepted for expedite are the ones which are sent to the embassy right away and skip the nvc level processing like my case.

Also since you said it's been 7 months at the USCIS level, i would fill out a case inquiry form. Usually if it goes past 5 months you can fill this form out. (My spouse's I130 was approved in 4 months) Average time is 5 months. Anything past that is subject to a case inquiry.

https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/displayONPTForm.do?entryPoint=init&sroPageType=onpt

3 minutes ago, Fmab Wasenob said:

Yes I have read many threads where people got their expedite approved by the NVC as soon as it got approved from USCIS. Although it would be better to wait till the USCIS file reaches NVC and you get assigned a case number from the NVC. At that point you would have to send nvc an email requesting an expedite (nvcexpedite@stave.gov). 

I don't know the severity of your childs medical condition but it needs to show a sense of urgency that you cannot get through it without your spouse. Like my case, it would be wise to send supporting documentation from medical experts or doctors proving this condition and you can claim it as a hardship when requesting your expedite. Make sure you state all reasons that you feel its indispensable that your spouse be with you. ie. Medical reasons for your child can lead to inability to work (financial hardship) let them know it can and will get worse.

Also, just so you don't get your hopes up I would not depend on the expedite process as I have also read many peoples' cases whom were denied expedite processing at the NVC level even though they provided proof and were positive it would get accepted. Furthermore, if it were to get expedited, I heard there are different expedite levels which the embassy decides based on your condition. For example if your expedite reason was financial hardship and you got accepted, it would still need to be processed for a full 11 weeks at the NVC level. Medical and asylum cases that are accepted for expedite are the ones which are sent to the embassy right away and skip the nvc level processing like my case.

Also since you said it's been 7 months at the USCIS level, i would fill out a case inquiry form. Usually if it goes past 5 months you can fill this form out. (My spouse's I130 was approved in 4 months) Average time is 5 months. Anything past that is subject to a case inquiry.

https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/displayONPTForm.do?entryPoint=init&sroPageType=onpt

Thank you so much for your very informative answer! I will do a case inquiry!good luck with everything :)

10 hours ago, Maryland said:

You should contact them, i got a reply in 8 days, but it depends on your embassy. NVC is just the middleman, they read it and send it onto the consulate and the decide. Maybe its them who are slow, not the NVC

Got married: 26th Sep 2013 

I-130 Petition Process:

Sent petition to USCIS Chicago lockbox (via in-laws to put check in US$): 11 Mar, 2016

NOA1: 24 Mar, 2016 (email notification 30 Mar. Hardcopy 11 Apr)

Service Centre: NEBRASKA

NOA2: 3rd Aug 2016

Petition sent to NVC: 18th Aug 2016

NVC Stage

Case number assigned: 8th Sep 2016

Paid AOS Fee: 9th Sep 2016

Paid IV Fee: 14th Sep 2016

DS-260 submitted: 25th Jan 2017

AOS & IV Package sent: 25th Jan 2017

Expedite requested: 25th Jan 2017

Expedite approved (consulate only): 1st Feb 2017

Scan Date: 31st Jan 2017

Case Complete: 14th April 2017 (10 weeks 4 days)

Full expedite approved (bypass NVC to send file to embassy), however too late as I already had case complete 17th Apr 2017

Case arrived at Embassy: 21st April 2017

P4 letter received: 26th April 2017 (expedite at embassy stage so this came from the consulate, not NVC)

Medical date: 26th April 2017

Interview date: 4th May 2017 APPROVED!!

Visa received: 8th May 2017 

POE (entered the USA): 15th May 2017 

1 hour ago, Maryland said:

May I ask the reason for your expedite? 

Mine was for financial hardship. I'm the beneficiary and my husband is the US citizen.  We also have an 8 month old baby.  My husbands job was made redundant and being on a temporary visa til June he was unable to obtain a new job. He is the sole earner for our family and all our savings are tied up in our AOS (assets instead of income for our i-864) so we can't spend them while we wait.
Our expedite is only granted for the embassy section, so still at NVC currently. Fingers crossed they finish it soon as he's not working anymore.

Got married: 26th Sep 2013 

I-130 Petition Process:

Sent petition to USCIS Chicago lockbox (via in-laws to put check in US$): 11 Mar, 2016

NOA1: 24 Mar, 2016 (email notification 30 Mar. Hardcopy 11 Apr)

Service Centre: NEBRASKA

NOA2: 3rd Aug 2016

Petition sent to NVC: 18th Aug 2016

NVC Stage

Case number assigned: 8th Sep 2016

Paid AOS Fee: 9th Sep 2016

Paid IV Fee: 14th Sep 2016

DS-260 submitted: 25th Jan 2017

AOS & IV Package sent: 25th Jan 2017

Expedite requested: 25th Jan 2017

Expedite approved (consulate only): 1st Feb 2017

Scan Date: 31st Jan 2017

Case Complete: 14th April 2017 (10 weeks 4 days)

Full expedite approved (bypass NVC to send file to embassy), however too late as I already had case complete 17th Apr 2017

Case arrived at Embassy: 21st April 2017

P4 letter received: 26th April 2017 (expedite at embassy stage so this came from the consulate, not NVC)

Medical date: 26th April 2017

Interview date: 4th May 2017 APPROVED!!

Visa received: 8th May 2017 

POE (entered the USA): 15th May 2017 

Timeline

In short, the NVC approved request for expedite on my spouses immigrant visa application due to medical emergency. Email States they will immediately send the file to US Consulate in Mumbai India.

what I want to know is will the embassy send me instructions or guidelines when they receive the file? - such as do I schedule the interview myself on ustraveldocs.com/in or will they schedule the interview for me?

Also are fingerprints done on the same day of the interview as part of the interview or do you have to schedule an appointment for that too before the immigrant visa interview?

and as far as I know we only need medical, fingerprints, and the interview itself am I right?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Duplicate threads have been merged and moved from the CR-1 Case Progress subforum to the NVC forum.  Please don't start new threads on an existing topic.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

update: file is in transit to US Consulate

still dont know whos going to schedule the interview. Obviously not NVC but it's either manually scheduled by me or the embassy.

I was told I would get instructions once the file reaches the embassy but I don't know how accurate that is.

Still don't know if fingerprints are done on the day of visa interview or not

Edited by Fmab Wasenob

Timeline
On 4/3/2017 at 11:25 AM, TBoneTX said:

Duplicate threads have been merged and moved from the CR-1 Case Progress subforum to the NVC forum.  Please don't start new threads on an existing topic.

sorry

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.