Fmab Wasenob

NVC Approved Request for Expedite. What Now?

42 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

The NVC approved the request for expedite for my spouse's visa petition. All the fees are paid and the DS260/DS261 were both submitted for a while now. 

How long will the NVC take to mail the documents to Mumbai US Embassy?

Should my spouse go ahead and get her medical examination done?

Would I manually schedule and interview via the US Embassy website or will they schedule it for my spouse?

What's the timeline im looking at as far as number of days this process will take?

I asked question about expedite as well but didn't get a straight answer. Luckily, I got a response from NVC itself. Anyway, to answer your 1st Q, they sent my paperwork within 24 hrs. I'm from Philippines tho. Your next questions, can't answer yet. It is still in transit as we speak. Just got approved with my expedite 2 days ago

Timeline
2 hours ago, Indianapolisn400 said:

I asked question about expedite as well but didn't get a straight answer. Luckily, I got a response from NVC itself. Anyway, to answer your 1st Q, they sent my paperwork within 24 hrs. I'm from Philippines tho. Your next questions, can't answer yet. It is still in transit as we speak. Just got approved with my expedite 2 days ago

Thanks. Did they tell you if you schedule the interview or the embassy does it for you

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

If you are to schedule your own interview, you will receive documents from the department of state instructing you on how to do so. Typically you schedule your own interview if you were approved for an expedite. Biometric appointments are made when you receive an interview date, they are done at an Applicant Service Center (ASC) and are unrelated to medical. Wait on your medical until you have an interview date. Medical results are only good for 6 months, so if you plan to enter the US and it is 6 months and one day from the time you got your medical, you will be denied entry. Some medical facilities require that you have the P4 (Notice of interview) letter in order to get it done. With biometric appointments, you need your P4 and DS 260. They will also provide instructions, it is pretty straightforward. Each embassy requires different things, so make sure to pay attention to the instructions they give you. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, kcrb said:

If you are to schedule your own interview, you will receive documents from the department of state instructing you on how to do so. Typically you schedule your own interview if you were approved for an expedite. Biometric appointments are made when you receive an interview date, they are done at an Applicant Service Center (ASC) and are unrelated to medical. Wait on your medical until you have an interview date. Medical results are only good for 6 months, so if you plan to enter the US and it is 6 months and one day from the time you got your medical, you will be denied entry. Some medical facilities require that you have the P4 (Notice of interview) letter in order to get it done. With biometric appointments, you need your P4 and DS 260. They will also provide instructions, it is pretty straightforward. Each embassy requires different things, so make sure to pay attention to the instructions they give you. 

On the Mumbai embassy PDF file I got off the NVC website it says nothing about biometrics.

all it says it medical, green card fee, and picking a courier to deliver the visa

Timeline
1 minute ago, Fmab Wasenob said:

On the Mumbai embassy PDF file I got off the NVC website it says nothing about biometrics.

all it says it medical, green card fee, and picking a courier to deliver the visa

Biometrics are your fingerprints, this is required if you are processing through Mumbai, at least it was as of a year ago. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, kcrb said:

Biometrics are your fingerprints, this is required if you are processing through Mumbai, at least it was as of a year ago. 

Attend Your Interview

Prior to the interview, ensure you have followed the U.S. Embassy or Consulate interview preparation instructions. On the scheduled date and time of your interview appointment, go to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate. A consular officer will interview you (and accompanying family member beneficiaries) and determine whether or not you can receive an immigrant visa. As part of the interview process, ink-free, digital fingerprint scans will be taken.

so so I guess they do fingerprints at the interview now. 

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/interview/applicant_interview.html

Timeline
Just now, Fmab Wasenob said:

Attend Your Interview

Prior to the interview, ensure you have followed the U.S. Embassy or Consulate interview preparation instructions. On the scheduled date and time of your interview appointment, go to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate. A consular officer will interview you (and accompanying family member beneficiaries) and determine whether or not you can receive an immigrant visa. As part of the interview process, ink-free, digital fingerprint scans will be taken.

so so I guess they do fingerprints at the interview now. 

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/interview/applicant_interview.html

You will get instructions on how to make an appointment (in India I think it is called a VAC, not ASC). The p4 and accompanying documents are pretty clear at explaining how to do things, and providing links for more information. Just hang tight, that P4 will give you all the guidance you need. In the meantime, though, you will need 2 US Passport size (2in x 2 in) for the interview, they are easy to forget about so that is something you can get done in the meantime. 

There are two types of expedites. If you care to share the wording of your expedite request I can tell you which it is.  

My expedite says "the consulate agrees to expedite your case once all fees and forms are received ..., however my expedite is only at the consulate level meaning that I just don't stay in a  queue for interviews, they will schedule one right away. BUT I still have to wait for NVC to do their processing timeframe. I'm 8.5 weeks now and they still  haven't given me case complete.  
My expedite was for financial hardship.  I believe only medical and asylum cases get expedite where the file is removed early from NVC, but that's just from what I've seen.

Got married: 26th Sep 2013 

I-130 Petition Process:

Sent petition to USCIS Chicago lockbox (via in-laws to put check in US$): 11 Mar, 2016

NOA1: 24 Mar, 2016 (email notification 30 Mar. Hardcopy 11 Apr)

Service Centre: NEBRASKA

NOA2: 3rd Aug 2016

Petition sent to NVC: 18th Aug 2016

NVC Stage

Case number assigned: 8th Sep 2016

Paid AOS Fee: 9th Sep 2016

Paid IV Fee: 14th Sep 2016

DS-260 submitted: 25th Jan 2017

AOS & IV Package sent: 25th Jan 2017

Expedite requested: 25th Jan 2017

Expedite approved (consulate only): 1st Feb 2017

Scan Date: 31st Jan 2017

Case Complete: 14th April 2017 (10 weeks 4 days)

Full expedite approved (bypass NVC to send file to embassy), however too late as I already had case complete 17th Apr 2017

Case arrived at Embassy: 21st April 2017

P4 letter received: 26th April 2017 (expedite at embassy stage so this came from the consulate, not NVC)

Medical date: 26th April 2017

Interview date: 4th May 2017 APPROVED!!

Visa received: 8th May 2017 

POE (entered the USA): 15th May 2017 

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Thesmiths2016 said:

There are two types of expedites. If you care to share the wording of your expedite request I can tell you which it is.  

My expedite says "the consulate agrees to expedite your case once all fees and forms are received ..., however my expedite is only at the consulate level meaning that I just don't stay in a  queue for interviews, they will schedule one right away. BUT I still have to wait for NVC to do their processing timeframe. I'm 8.5 weeks now and they still  haven't given me case complete.  
My expedite was for financial hardship.  I believe only medical and asylum cases get expedite where the file is removed early from NVC, but that's just from what I've seen.

The approval email stated it's going to be forwarded to the embassy right away and I should not contact the Nvc anymore regarding this case but rather contact the embassy. Also said the case will take up to 2 weeks for embassy to receive. The reason was medical emergency.

im assuming they will not process it at Nvc anymore and send directly to embassy? I was 5 weeks in processing period from Nvc. All fees are paid and all forms are submitted

22 minutes ago, Fmab Wasenob said:

The approval email stated it's going to be forwarded to the embassy right away and I should not contact the Nvc anymore regarding this case but rather contact the embassy. Also said the case will take up to 2 weeks for embassy to receive. The reason was medical emergency.

im assuming they will not process it at Nvc anymore and send directly to embassy? I was 5 weeks in processing period from Nvc. All fees are paid and all forms are submitted

correct, it sounds like its heading to the embassy.  They will do the paperwork review that NVC would have done prior to your interview.  You should check on the ceac site on this link below:
https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/

Click on "check my application status" and it should say ready or in transit, to let you know its moving.  If it still says "submit supporting documents" or "at nvc" then call the NVC right away to find out when it left them, then contact the consulate/embassy.

Do you have contact info for your embassy?  Mine is very helpful and replies to emails in a day or so.

Got married: 26th Sep 2013 

I-130 Petition Process:

Sent petition to USCIS Chicago lockbox (via in-laws to put check in US$): 11 Mar, 2016

NOA1: 24 Mar, 2016 (email notification 30 Mar. Hardcopy 11 Apr)

Service Centre: NEBRASKA

NOA2: 3rd Aug 2016

Petition sent to NVC: 18th Aug 2016

NVC Stage

Case number assigned: 8th Sep 2016

Paid AOS Fee: 9th Sep 2016

Paid IV Fee: 14th Sep 2016

DS-260 submitted: 25th Jan 2017

AOS & IV Package sent: 25th Jan 2017

Expedite requested: 25th Jan 2017

Expedite approved (consulate only): 1st Feb 2017

Scan Date: 31st Jan 2017

Case Complete: 14th April 2017 (10 weeks 4 days)

Full expedite approved (bypass NVC to send file to embassy), however too late as I already had case complete 17th Apr 2017

Case arrived at Embassy: 21st April 2017

P4 letter received: 26th April 2017 (expedite at embassy stage so this came from the consulate, not NVC)

Medical date: 26th April 2017

Interview date: 4th May 2017 APPROVED!!

Visa received: 8th May 2017 

POE (entered the USA): 15th May 2017 

Timeline
4 hours ago, Thesmiths2016 said:

correct, it sounds like its heading to the embassy.  They will do the paperwork review that NVC would have done prior to your interview.  You should check on the ceac site on this link below:
https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/

Click on "check my application status" and it should say ready or in transit, to let you know its moving.  If it still says "submit supporting documents" or "at nvc" then call the NVC right away to find out when it left them, then contact the consulate/embassy.

Do you have contact info for your embassy?  Mine is very helpful and replies to emails in a day or so.

Since they just approved the request yesterday (Friday) and Saturday Sunday are not business days, I'm going to wait before contacting the NVC. I'll probably call them after a few business days to see if they shipped it out or get an estimate on when they'll ship. Also I do have the embassy's contact info. In fact I have already sent them an email just asking a few questions 

7 hours ago, Fmab Wasenob said:

May I ask what was the medical reason? Thanks 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.