1,252 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Inabars said:

Hi @ASMS thank you, I should have been clearer, my apologies. What I meant was, once you know your Service Centre as per NOA1, how do you track how fast/slow they're processing cases at that particular centre? I've heard USCIS publishes statistics but they aren't always accurate. So just wondering... 

No problem Inabars,

you can check USCIS processing time in:

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDisplayInit.do

You can see the table before receiving your NOA's, and select the center you wanna see, since is general information.

I think it is pretty accurate, since it shows the date of the cases they are currently working on.

Maybe you are talking about the timelines in VisaJoourney? if is is that, yes, you need your NOA1 for get an estimated time of adjudication once you edit your timeline, and in this case it may be/or not accurate depending of every particular application.

Edited by ASMS
typo

1 hour ago, ASMS said:

No problem Inabars,

you can check USCIS processing time in:

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDisplayInit.do

You can see the table before receiving your NOA's, and select the center you wanna see, since is general information.

I think it is pretty accurate, since it shows the date of the cases they are currently working on.

Maybe you are talking about the timelines in VisaJoourney? if is is that, yes, you need your NOA1 for get an estimated time of adjudication once you edit your timeline, and in this case it may be/or not accurate depending of every particular application.

Thank you so much. Still waiting for NOA1, so idea what to anticipate until we get it 😊

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hi everyone! I'll be mailing out our I-130 packet Monday April 24th when I get back to the states! I'm a US citizen and my husband is Turkish. We got married in Turkey August 2016, I now have a family residence permit here, so I'm able to stay as long as I want, and come and go as much as I need, for the next three years. When I visit the states I stay at my parents home and will use that as my mailing & physical address. We have an apartment here in Istanbul and the lease is in both of our names. Should I include this address as my physical address #2? On your cover letter, before the table of contents...did any of you write a brief statement of how you met & describing your relationship? I'd like to be able to explain somewhere that I'm living mostly in Istanbul, but return to the states occasionally to visit family and to work (I freelance, so I fly back to the U.S. for a few weeks at a time to work). Thanks for any feedback...I can't wait to get this first step over with and get this in the mail already!!

Oh, one other question...if you sent photos...how did you send them? I have a bunch photos printed out 4x6 and was going to put them in zip lock bags and label them by year or event. For example "Pictures from 2015 Visits"..."Pictures from Engagement"..."Pictures from our Wedding & Honeymoon", etc. I have on the table of contents right now:

SECTION 4: PHOTOS

-Plastic Bag 1: Photos from 2015 petitioner visits to Istanbul & beneficiary visits to New York

-Plastic Bag 2: Photos of Engagement: New Year's Eve 2015 in New York

Etc...

Thanks again, for any and all help!

4-24-17 I-130 sent to Chicago Lock Box

4-25-17 NOA 1 & sent to TSC

11-15-17 NOA 2

12-26-17 Case sent to Dept. of State

1-08-18 NVC Received case

3-12-18 Case Number Assigned / AOS & IV Fees Paid

3-14-18 DS-260 Completed

3-16-18 Uploaded Civil Documents

3-21-18 Uploaded AOS Documents 

3-26-18 Checklist to reupload docs

3-29-18 Finished uploading docs

4-4-18 Case Complete

4-13-18 Received interview email

5-18-18 Interview date 

5-24-18 Visa Issued

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Just now, truelove29 said:

did any of you write a brief statement of how you met & describing your relationship? I'd like to be able to explain somewhere that I'm living mostly in Istanbul, but return to the states occasionally to visit family and to work (I freelance, so I fly back to the U.S. for a few weeks at a time to work)

My wife wrote a spousal affidavit and wrote a summery of our relationship and how we met, and how our relationship was evolved over time until we filed.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Pink_Waters said:

My wife wrote a spousal affidavit and wrote a summery of our relationship and how we met, and how our relationship was evolved over time until we filed.

Thank you for the reply! Is this something that needs to be notarized? 

11-15-17 NOA 2

3-14-18 DS-260 Completed

4-4-18 Case Complete

5-18-18 Interview date 

5-24-18 Visa Issued

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Just now, truelove29 said:

yeah my wife notarized it... but I don't think you have to do that, you can write about your relationship on a sheet of paper and sign it and include it with the package..

I am sure other members can chime in and confirm that.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Pink_Waters said:

yeah my wife notarized it... but I don't think you have to do that, you can write about your relationship on a sheet of paper and sign it and include it with the package..

I am sure other members can chime in and confirm that.

Ok thanks again! I might just get it notarized to play it safe!

11-15-17 NOA 2

3-14-18 DS-260 Completed

4-4-18 Case Complete

5-18-18 Interview date 

5-24-18 Visa Issued

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Pink_Waters said:

Yeah that would be better I think. Good luck you two on your journey :)

Thank you, same to you! :)

11-15-17 NOA 2

3-14-18 DS-260 Completed

4-4-18 Case Complete

5-18-18 Interview date 

5-24-18 Visa Issued

18 minutes ago, truelove29 said:

this doesn't need to be notarized, but just signed. No problem at all with include a letter explaining the relationship evolution, is a good idea in fact so you can explain other details like the one you mentioned. 

26 minutes ago, truelove29 said:

Oh, one other question...if you sent photos...how did you send them? I have a bunch photos printed out 4x6 and was going to put them in zip lock bags and label them by year or event. For example "Pictures from 2015 Visits"..."Pictures from Engagement"..."Pictures from our Wedding & Honeymoon", etc. I have on the table of contents right now:

SECTION 4: PHOTOS

-Plastic Bag 1: Photos from 2015 petitioner visits to Istanbul & beneficiary visits to New York

-Plastic Bag 2: Photos of Engagement: New Year's Eve 2015 in New York

In our case, I selected pictures of different occasions we were together, I organized them by dates in a PDF document, writing the name of the people in in the picture, the place and the date, with a total of 20 pages (3 pictures in each page). Then did the same with the pictures of our wedding ( 10 pages).

Did the same with the rest of the evidence, selecting the most important receipts from visits, plane tickets, wedding dress, hotel vouchers, and finally another album showing chats history, call logs, screenshot of video call...

Make sure to include a cover letter of each document you are attaching to your package.

Good luck!

Edited by ASMS
typo

Timeline
3 minutes ago, ASMS said:

this doesn't need to be notarized, but just signed. No problem at all with include a letter explaining the relationship evolution, but last for explaining other details like the one you mentioned. 

In our case, I selected pictures of different occasions we were together, I organized them by dates in a PDF document, writing the name of the people in in the picture, the place and the date, with a total of 20 pages (3 pictures in each page). Then did the same with the pictures of our wedding ( 10 pages).

Did the same with the rest of the evidence, selecting the most important receipts from visits, plane tickets, wedding dress, hotel vouchers, and finally another album showing chats history, call logs, screenshot of video call...

Thank you for the reply! I'm just nervous that if I do that, the pictures won't look clear when I print the PDF. How did you print it out? The printer I'm working with now would go through all its ink after 3 pics lol. Right now I have everything written on the back of each pic...our names, date, location and description of event. I like your way though, would be easier for them to go through.

11-15-17 NOA 2

3-14-18 DS-260 Completed

4-4-18 Case Complete

5-18-18 Interview date 

5-24-18 Visa Issued

On 4/18/2017 at 0:33 AM, Pink_Waters said:

applied 7th, and they received it on the 10th

Me too!

03/17/2017: Married

04/07/2017: Sent I-130 to Chicago lockbox

04/13/2017: Received confirmation text

04/17/2017: Received hardcopy NOA1 (TSC)

Timeline

Oh the irony...i was encouraging others to be patient,  that the NOA1 can take like 10- 15 days or so... and here I am looking like the only one who hasn't received theirs haha

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.