Sunnybanana1913

Can the petitioner move back to America before the Medical/Interview?

15 posts in this topic

If the petitioner has to go back to America to find a job halfway through the DCF Visa process and be a Sponsor is this allowed in the DCF process? 

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
23 minutes ago, Sunnybanana1913 said:

If the petitioner has to go back to America to find a job halfway through the DCF Visa process and be a Sponsor is this allowed in the DCF process? 

Not a problem.   The petition has been approved?  (that is the DCF part of the process for which you need to be there)

The visa interview is about your spouse.... and you support evidence, so having a job would be good ;) 

Edited by Sagot

Visa chase and citizenship.. DONE!

For helpful information  gif animation     CLICK HERE!

9 minutes ago, Sagot said:

Not a problem.   The petition has been approved?  (that is the DCF part of the process for which you need to be there)

The visa interview is about your spouse.... and you support evidence, so having a job would be good ;) 

So my sponsor cant have just $10,000? They wont add it with my salary? So its $21,000?

Ive read/heard sometimes they ask where the spouse is  and if she says i went back to US will they deny her visa?

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Sunnybanana1913 said:

So my sponsor cant have just $10,000? They wont add it with my salary? So its $21,000?

Ive read/heard sometimes they ask where the spouse is  and if she says i went back to US will they deny her visa?

Never heard of that.  But then not that many DCF roll through here (dozen or so over the past 6 years.), and none were trying to do what you are doing.   Just the same, the DCF is for filing the petition with USCIS at the consulate, with that you are required to have a presence in the Philippines, 6 months before filing and there until the petition is approved.  

There is not a '"DCF" for the visa... as the are ALL done at the embassy, and that involves your wife as the applicant.    I will stand with once the petition is approved and at the IV UNIT there is nothing holding you in the Philippines, you don't have to be at the interview.

If you need to get income requirements met.. best do it.  

I believe with the I-864 there is an A version where you combine the income using that.

When in doubt contact the embassy.    

Edited by Sagot

13 minutes ago, Sagot said:

Never heard of that.  But then not that many DCF roll through here (dozen or so over the past 6 years.), and none were trying to do what you are doing.   Just the same, the DCF is for filing the petition with USCIS at the consulate, with that you are required to have a presence in the Philippines, 6 months before filing and there until the petition is approved.  

There is not a '"DCF" for the visa... as the are ALL done at the embassy, and that involves your wife as the applicant.    I will stand with once the petition is approved and at the IV UNIT there is nothing holding you in the Philippines, you don't have to be at the interview.

If you need to get income requirements met.. best do it.  

I believe with the I-864 there is an A version where you combine the income using that.

When in doubt contact the embassy.    

What do you mean by None were trying to do what im doing

Timeline
1 minute ago, Sunnybanana1913 said:

What do you mean by None were trying to do what im doing

None of the DCF that I follow over the years did the petitioner/husband have to return to the USA to get a job to meet income requirements, most had co-sponsors.   One couple are friends of ours... and they needed a co-sponsor.

But if you don't get the income requirement met .. either by you returning to the USA or by co-sponsor, you will get denied ...  And like said for the actual visa process.. YOUR presence is not required according to the embassy instructions letter.

And if the CO asks your wife where you are, she can smile and say he went to get a job so I can get my visa approved... then smile.

We did that. My husband filed DCF here in Manila and left just right after our petition was approved. When we submitted our petition, we asked the lady at the DCF counter if he can leave for the US after filing the petition and she said it's fine since his physical presence is not needed for my visa interview (assuming petition is approved). 

We delayed my visa application for a bit because he wanted to get a job first before my interview. Regardless if he's still in the Philippines or in the US with or without a job, all DCF filers are required to have a joint sponsor (somebody correct me if I'm wrong here). I personally think that it would help the application if the petitioner is already in the US and with a job because that would establish domicile in the US and you would eventually do it anyway, so why not sooner? 

In our case, my husband left early so he can prepare for me and my daughter's arrival. Although technically with his job now he meets the income requirements, we still asked my in-laws to be our joint sponsor for the application. 

My interview's on april 4 so I will let you know how it goes (if you're still unsure). Frankly, I never thought it would be a problem until you brought it up :) 

I just read your other thread so let me just add this here:

For my visa interview, we prepared two sets of I-864 forms. One set is with our joint sponsors (i-864 and i-864a) and the other set is my husband's i-864 form indicating only his current income for the year. We did it this way so just in case the Consul (by some luck) decides that my husband's income is enough (even if he just started working this year), we have the correct form prepared.

But like everybody says, it would really depend on the Consul and your situation. It's different for everyone. Best to do really is to look for another joint sponsor. :)

Also, the income that they look at is your current expected income for the year from your job. Tax transcripts and paystubs are a way for them to verify if you are indeed earning that much and able to maintain. So even if you earned less last year, with a new and higher paying job this current year you could meet the requirements.

14 hours ago, kg0103 said:

We did that. My husband filed DCF here in Manila and left just right after our petition was approved. When we submitted our petition, we asked the lady at the DCF counter if he can leave for the US after filing the petition and she said it's fine since his physical presence is not needed for my visa interview (assuming petition is approved). 

We delayed my visa application for a bit because he wanted to get a job first before my interview. Regardless if he's still in the Philippines or in the US with or without a job, all DCF filers are required to have a joint sponsor (somebody correct me if I'm wrong here). I personally think that it would help the application if the petitioner is already in the US and with a job because that would establish domicile in the US and you would eventually do it anyway, so why not sooner? 

In our case, my husband left early so he can prepare for me and my daughter's arrival. Although technically with his job now he meets the income requirements, we still asked my in-laws to be our joint sponsor for the application. 

My interview's on april 4 so I will let you know how it goes (if you're still unsure). Frankly, I never thought it would be a problem until you brought it up :) 

Ok let me know if they make a big deal out of your spouse going back to US or not 

On 3/31/2017 at 3:32 AM, Sunnybanana1913 said:

Ok let me know if they make a big deal out of your spouse going back to US or not 

Done with my interview today and I was approved. Pre-screener asked me where's my husband and told him he's in the US. No further questions asked. American consul did not even ask me. 

On Thursday, March 30, 2017 at 1:16 PM, kg0103 said:

Did you get the Visa on same day as interview ? 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Sunnybanana1913 said:

Did you get the Visa on same day as interview ? 

That NEVER happens.

After the interview the case file will be reviewed again, this will show up as AP on the CEAC website, once that is done status will change to ISSUED, if all was good during the review.  Few days after that 2GO should have the visa package for delivery to your wife.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.