Scajer25

Texas Service Center 2017 I130 IR1/CR1 Visa

1,824 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, OKAAjide said:

According to the VisaJourney website, http://www.visajourney.com/content/ir1cr1historical (see attached picture), it should take about 141 days for approval.  However, looking at the USCIS website, https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDisplayInit.do,  (see attached picture) they have "I-130 Petition for Alien Relative    U.S. citizen filing for a spouse, parent, or child under 21" it says they are processing cases from September 2, 2016 and this was as of March 31, 2017 and this is 210 days.  Which is most accurate?

20170524 - TSC Timeline.jpg

20170524 - USCIS Timeline.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Suriname
Timeline
49 minutes ago, Sharif Shakhshir said:

According to the VisaJourney website, http://www.visajourney.com/content/ir1cr1historical (see attached picture), it should take about 141 days for approval.  However, looking at the USCIS website, https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDisplayInit.do,  (see attached picture) they have "I-130 Petition for Alien Relative    U.S. citizen filing for a spouse, parent, or child under 21" it says they are processing cases from September 2, 2016 and this was as of March 31, 2017 and this is 210 days.  Which is most accurate?

This is what I been asking myself as well 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
3 hours ago, Sharif Shakhshir said:

Neither is accurate. I use them as suggestions. There is no use trying to figure it out. They have us all pretty confused. I have looked everywhere, downloaded every app and I am just more confused then ever. I finally just gave up trying to stress myself out. I'm just hoping that we get approved by the 6 month mark.

Good luck you. I know the wait is so stressful but think positive. As of today we are at 121 days and counting. :rolleyes::unsure:

5 hours ago, Scajer25 said:

Neither is accurate. I use them as suggestions. There is no use trying to figure it out. They have us all pretty confused. I have looked everywhere, downloaded every app and I am just more confused then ever. I finally just gave up trying to stress myself out. I'm just hoping that we get approved by the 6 month mark.

Good luck you. I know the wait is so stressful but think positive. As of today we are at 121 days and counting. :rolleyes::unsure:

Here's what i do, i use the case tracker app, and i follow TSC cases before and after my dates by trying the track numbers and pick out all the I-130 cases. I follow 10-20 cases for each DAY from Dec 2016 to Feb 2017. Good thing about the app is when you refresh it all cases will be updated at once. Everyday i look at the 400 cases and i can see the approval pattern. And then i delete the cases when it's complete so everything on the tracking list is outstanding. Some days there will be more RFE sent out, some days there will be move approvals on one particular filing date.

As of May 23-24 i saw on the cases i followed (of course it's not possible for me to follow all cases and the app will not allow):

- 1 case on Dec 8 sent to DOS

- 2 cases on 12 Dec sent Request for Initial Evidence (what is the difference between Initial evidence and additional evidence?)

- 2 case on Dec 16 sent to DOS

- 1 case on Dec 16 APPROVED (what does it mean? i thought case complete and sent to DOS means complete?)

- 5 cases on Dec 19 sent to DOS

- 1 case on Dec 19 APPROVED

- 1 case on Dec 20 sent to DOS

- 1 case on Dec 21 sent to DOS

- 2 cases on Dec 22 sent to DOS

- 1 case on 22 Dec sent Request for Initial Evidence

- 1 case on Dec 27 sent to DOS

Nothing for January is approved on the cases i track. I do this everyday and from what we see they are on Dec.

So the timeline on VJ is not that far off but it doesnt mean all cases by that particular day are cleared, just an indicative day for the furthest day USCIS generally processing...

Edited by Nattie_Bry

12 minutes ago, Nattie_Bry said:

Here's what i do, i use the case tracker app, and i follow TSC cases before and after my dates by trying the track numbers and pick out all the I-130 cases. I follow 10-20 cases for each DAY from Dec 2016 to Feb 2017. Good thing about the app is when you refresh it all cases will be updated at once. Everyday i look at the 400 cases and i can see the approval pattern. And then i delete the cases when it's complete so everything on the tracking list is outstanding. Some days there will be more RFE sent out, some days there will be move approvals on one particular filing date.

As of May 23-24 i saw on the cases i followed (of course it's not possible for me to follow all cases and the app will not allow):

- 1 case on Dec 8 sent to DOS

- 2 cases on 12 Dec sent Request for Initial Evidence (what is the difference between Initial evidence and additional evidence?)

- 2 case on Dec 16 sent to DOS

- 1 case on Dec 16 APPROVED (what does it mean? i thought case complete and sent to DOS means complete?)

- 5 cases on Dec 19 sent to DOS

- 1 case on Dec 19 APPROVED

- 1 case on Dec 20 sent to DOS

- 2 cases on Dec 22 sent to DOS

Nothing for January is approved on the cases i track. I do this everyday and from what we see they are on Dec.

So the timeline on VJ is not that far off but it doesnt mean all cases by that particular day are cleared, just an indicative day for the furthest day USCIS generally processing...

Wow.... everyone who knows me says that I am analytical so I very much appreciate your approach and also sharing all this work and research.  What is the app that you are using to track cases?  Someone mentioned a case tracker but I think it is only for Apple whereas I am on an Android phone... Alternatively, would you know of any websites that have such transparency into case progression at TSC?

Many, many thanks and best of luck to you on your visa journey :-)

15 minutes ago, Sharif Shakhshir said:

Wow.... everyone who knows me says that I am analytical so I very much appreciate your approach and also sharing all this work and research.  What is the app that you are using to track cases?  Someone mentioned a case tracker but I think it is only for Apple whereas I am on an Android phone... Alternatively, would you know of any websites that have such transparency into case progression at TSC?

Many, many thanks and best of luck to you on your visa journey :-)

Ok i borrowed some Android phone and found this one called "USCIS Case Status" by Aries Software Studio which has similar function of searching, following and refreshing cases.

Hope it can help! And it definitely kills some time playing with it!

Good luck on everyone's journey as well!

Edited by Nattie_Bry

12 minutes ago, uali4572 said:

TSC was so fast and now it approves a random case once in a while. TSC needs to pick back up.

There will be more transferred cases once it picks up. I'd say please just keep the current pace and not get any slower.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Cuba
Timeline

A lot of people on here lately have been complaining that their online status didn't update until 3-10 days after they received approval in the mail, so I bet there are more approvals we are just not hearing about.

Also, remember that the fees went up January 1, and many people were definitely freaking out about the new administration. After we get past that, I bet it will pick up a little more.

CR-1 Visa

Service Center: Texas

Consulate: Cuba  Colombia. Thanks, Trump!

Marriage: 12/31/2016

I-130 Sent: 3/2/2017

I-130 NOA1: 3/8/2017

USCIS Approval Date: 8/29/17

NOA2 hardcopy received: 9/5/2017

NOA2 issued date: 8/26/2017

Notice from USCIS Sent to NVC: 9/11/2017

NVC Received: 9/21/2017

Case Number and Invoice Number Available: 9/22/2017

Welcome Letter: 9/27/17

Received Invoices for AOS and IV and Paid Both (No DS-261 as I have a lawyer): 9/27/2017 

DS-260 Unlocked: 9/29/2017

DS-260 Submitted: 10/5/17

IV & AOS Packages Mailed: 10/5/17

Packages Physically Arrived at NVC10/10/17

Scan Date: 10/11/17

Case Complete: 11/20/17

Case Complete Email: 11/28/17

Interview Date Received: 1/31/18

Interview: 3/27/18- Approved!

POE: 4/5/18, LAX

SSN Card Received: 4/16/18

2-Year Green Card Received: 4/21/18

ROC

Package Sent: 1/13/20

NOA1 (MSC): 1/16/20

Biometrics Notice: 1/31/20

Biometrics Appt: 2/12/20 (walked in early 2/6)

Interview Ready to Be Scheduled: 10/21/20

Interview Scheduled: 5/12/21

Interview Date: 6/17/21 - Approved!

New Card is Being Produced: 6/17/21

Card Was Mailed to You: 6/21/21

Case Was Approved: 6/22/21

Card Was Picked Up by USPS: 6/23/21

Card in Hand: 6/24/21

Since i'm checking it anyways here's the latest cases i saw updated 24-25 May on my limited tracking list:

- 1 case on Dec 5 sent to DOS

- 10 cases on Dec 16 sent to DOS (WOW!!)

- 2 cases on Dec 20 sent to DOS

- 1 case on Dec 22 sent to DOS

- 2 cases on 27 Dec sent Request for Additional Evidence

Again, nothing on January. I also see a bunch of cases with received date Jan 2017 got rejected because of wrong application fee (they probably sent in late Dec but not get received until Jan..

NAO1 PD: 18th Jan. 

Still waiting :(

Married: 23 Dec 2016

I130 sent: 9 Jan 2017

NAO1: 18 Jan 2017

RFE: Birth certificate: 12 July 2017

RFE sent: 26 July 2017

I-130 approved (NAO2): 5 Sep 2017

Sent to NVC: 29 Sep 2017

NVC received: 6 Oct 2017

Case no. received: 17 Oct 2017

Package sent: 27 Oct 2017

Scan date: 31 Oct 2017

Case complete: 7 Dec 217

Interview date scheduled: 14 Dec 2017

Interview date: 9 Jan 2018 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.