Presirika

Medical Exam

24 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello! Our case was delivered to the Philippines on March 20 and I've been calling the embassy to check if they already have it and they still don't. How long does it usually take? Also, would it be alright to have my Medical Exam at St. Luke's even if the case isn't at the the embassy yet? Thank you in advance! ?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

The embassy might not tell you info over the phone honestly..

And as long as you have your NVC case number (MNL**********), then you can set up the medical and get it done yes. Just take a copy of the NVC case letter with you as well as the other required items.

Can check your case status here also under "Immigrant" visa using the MNL case number : https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?eQs=WwjqOlbeRYzCYubaSQI+RA==    Once it says "Ready for interview" under status then you can also set up the interview and pay online or at BPI.

Leave about 1-2 weeks between medical and interview.

Also you can go a head and complete the CFO course, you just have to return later after you receive approval at the interview and have visa in hand for the final stamp/certificate for immigrations. http://www.cfo.gov.ph/

Also go a head and get your birth certificate( couple copies) CENOMAR, NBI clearance, any police reports if needed ect.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

I apoligize for the last post I was having problems with my keyboard. But all you need in order to start rocking and rolling is the MNL# and the letter from the NVC. Please note that the person in the Philippines either you or your fiance WILL NOT be receiving the letter from the NVC, but the petitioner will get that letter. This is a common misconception that the beneficiary will get the letter, when that is not true. I was able to email that letter to my fiance and she was able to go get her medical done after she received it. 

Timeline

Above is correct. Do not wait on anything in the mail from the embassy in the Philippines, they do not send anything.

Once the petitioner has the NVC letter they can scan you a copy.

Everything is done at your free will as the embassy will not give you or provide you anything.

02/03/2017 - Married 

Timeline
27 minutes ago, cyberfx1024 said:

I apoligize for the last post I was having problems with my keyboard. But all you need in order to start rocking and rolling is the MNL# and the letter from the NVC. Please note that the person in the Philippines either you or your fiance WILL NOT be receiving the letter from the NVC, but the petitioner will get that letter. This is a common misconception that the beneficiary will get the letter, when that is not true. I was able to email that letter to my fiance and she was able to go get her medical done after she received it. 

Thank you! My fiance got an email from the NVC and he forwarded it to me, would that be okay? Also, how long have you waited for your case to be received by the embassy? 

6 minutes ago, Presirika said:

Thank you! My fiance got an email from the NVC and he forwarded it to me, would that be okay? Also, how long have you waited for your case to be received by the embassy? 

No problem at all. The average is about 10-15 working days. So since it's only been about 8 so far don't worry. Also now that you have the MNL# you can go ahead and pay for interview as well. 

Edited by cyberfx1024

Timeline
53 minutes ago, Ben&Zian said:

The embassy might not tell you info over the phone honestly..

And as long as you have your NVC case number (MNL**********), then you can set up the medical and get it done yes. Just take a copy of the NVC case letter with you as well as the other required items.

Can check your case status here also under "Immigrant" visa using the MNL case number : https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?eQs=WwjqOlbeRYzCYubaSQI+RA==    Once it says "Ready for interview" under status then you can also set up the interview and pay online or at BPI.

Leave about 1-2 weeks between medical and interview.

Also you can go a head and complete the CFO course, you just have to return later after you receive approval at the interview and have visa in hand for the final stamp/certificate for immigrations. http://www.cfo.gov.ph/

Also go a head and get your birth certificate( couple copies) CENOMAR, NBI clearance, any police reports if needed ect.

Thank you! My fiance got an email from the NVC and he forwarded it to me, would that be okay? Also, how long have you waited for your case to be received by the embassy? 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, cyberfx1024 said:

No problem at all. The average is about 10-15 working days. So since it's only been about 8 so far don't worry. Also now that you have the MNL# you can go ahead and pay for interview as well. 

Thank you!!

Timeline
7 minutes ago, cyberfx1024 said:

Also, is it true that the Medical has an expiration date? If I do my medical early would there be a certain number of days for it to be valid for the Embassy to accept it? 

Timeline

6 months is the length of validity of the medical. Plenty of time to complete everything.

02/03/2017 - Married 

Just now, Presirika said:

Also, is it true that the Medical has an expiration date? If I do my medical early would there be a certain number of days for it to be valid for the Embassy to accept it? 

Yes, the medical has an expiration date of 6 months, and that is also for the visa as well when you get it. So if you get the medical na but then do the interview in say 3 months, the visa will only be valid for 3 months before it expires. So what alot of people do is the medical on a monday and the embassy say on thursday or friday, it all depends. My asawa had to do the medical one month and the embassy the next month due to having to fly up from Davao. 

1 minute ago, Ben&Zian said:

6 months is the length of validity of the medical. Plenty of time to complete everything.

BTW Oregon is going down. UNC dog!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Country-specific thread is moved from the K-1 Process forum to the Philippines regional subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.