Rickche

K1 visa apply

26 posts in this topic

It is for people who intent to get married within 90 days upon the alien fiance(e)'s entry into the US. The visa is not for the alien beneficiary to visit and see if you guys like each other or if the relationship would work out :)

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

My sincerest gratitude to all VJers, especially the late geowrian.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
11 minutes ago, KULtoATL said:

It is for people who intent to get married within 90 days upon the alien fiance(e)'s entry into the US. The visa is not for the alien beneficiary to visit and see if you guys like each other or if the relationship would work out :)

Do we need to be engage first before my interview?  We apply k1 fiance visa but we didnt engage yet

Edited by Che'lloyd

3 minutes ago, Che'lloyd said:

Do we need to be engage first before my interview?  We apply k1 fiance visa but we didnt engage yet

Yes even if no engagement ring yet. It is called I-129F Petition For Alien Fiance(e) and K-1 Fiance(e) Visa.

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Che'lloyd said:

Do you have a fiancé or not?  A fiancé is someone who you are engaged to be married.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, gregcrs2 said:

Do you have a fiancé or not?  A fiancé is someone who you are engaged to be married.

Yes i have a fiance  but we didnt engaged yet and now we already apply k1 visa.i feel nervous because im scared being denued just because we didnt engage yet

14 minutes ago, Che'lloyd said:

Yes i have a fiance  but we didnt engaged yet and now we already apply k1 visa.i feel nervous because im scared being denued just because we didnt engage yet

If you're not engaged, he's still just a bf or gf not a fiance(e).

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The word fiance means to be engaged to be married. Not sure what you mean when you say you have a fiance but are not engaged yet....

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Fiancé doesn't mean you have to have a ring on your finger. 

April 22, 2020 - I-751 sent

April 23, 2020 - I-751 received at Lockbox 

April 29, 2020 - Check cashed
??? - didn’t receive text or email confirmation. Ugh!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
1 hour ago, Che'lloyd said:

As part of the I-129F package, you MUST include a signed, dated letter from each of you attesting you want to marry each other and include the words..within 90 days. Otherwise you will get a Request for Information. I know because we forgot to include the words within 90 days and got an exception. It was helpful to get the exception though as it was an opportunity to add more to the front load of information since the initial application

An engagement is not a formal ceremony, it is an agreement.

Two people can get engaged via text.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

It's not necessary to have a formal engagement ceremony in form of a proposal or anything like that. As long as both of you intend to marry each other within 90 days of the beneficiary entering the US you are perfectly eligible to apply for the K-1 visa. So go ahead! 

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.