MrGeorge

Need to expedite

15 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Hi guys and gals.  I'm George.  Wish I would have found this place much earlier.  I made several mistakes along the way.  Started this journey February 2016.  I'm an American, and wife is Taiwanese.  I had tons of questions along the way, and didn't know who to ask.  

So, my case was complete March 17, 2017.  I checked on the CEAC website.  The AOS went from paid to N/A.  I was officially notified by email March 24.  Due to circumstances for work, I requested an expedite March 23, by email to NVCexpedite.  There is a link on this forum that showed how to expedite, and I followed the procedure.  I haven't heard anything back by email from them.  Am I too late?  I was hoping for maybe an interview real soon.  Hoping to return sometime in April.  

Here's the reason for my rush.  Prior to Taiwan, a decade ago, I was in the real estate business.  Got a California real estate broker license.  Had my own firm.  After deciding to start my life over in the states again, we began this journey.  I went back last summer to restart my business.  Before I left, my wife got pregnant.  I had to return in November last year, for the birth of my child.  I left out all sort of things, and had a couple of checklists.  My wife and I are the only ones taking care of our child, and she definitely will not be able to fly to California alone.  Well, I'm starting to get calls from my new clients.  This money is priority to start our new lives there.  I can't leave without my family.  I'm in a rush to return, hopefully ASAP.  

Is it a good thing that I didn't hear back?  Do you guys think it's still possible to get an interview in April?  What else can I do at this point?  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Not wanting to travel without your family is not a reason to expedite; I get it is hard to fly alone with a baby, and for you both to be without your spouse for a while, but there is nothing preventing you moving to the USA ahead of her, and then, if you want and have the money, returning to fly with her when she has the visa.

An interview in April seems unlikely at this point, it sounds like your paperwork isn;t even with the embassy yet, then she will have to do the medical etc.

Edited by Penguin_ie

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You will know you have been expedited as something has happened.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

You can ask for a cancelation appointment once the case is at the embassy, yes.  Some embassies are good with that, especially if you have all paperwork ready, fees paid already and medical done, and can come in at short notice. Not sure on your embassy specifically.

Keep in mind that while she MAY get her visa within 2 weeks of the interview if all goes well, she may not- there may be processing delays, or extra security check, or they want another document etc.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

I'm doing my best to prepare now.  I started this process 13 months ago.  The only reason I'm in this mess is cause I messed up on lots of things.  Then, I found this forum a week ago.  I could have used some help months ago.  I hope things will go smoother now that I found this site.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

If your expedite is successful, then that means at least 95% of people applying should also get an expedite. Almost everyone wants their cases to move as fast as possible for one reason or the other.

Here is a link as to why USCIS may expedite a petition or application.

https://www.uscis.gov/forms/expedite-criteria

2 hours ago, MrGeorge said:

I'm doing my best to prepare now.  I started this process 13 months ago.  The only reason I'm in this mess is cause I messed up on lots of things.  Then, I found this forum a week ago.  I could have used some help months ago.  I hope things will go smoother now that I found this site.

You messed things up, think about those who did everything right and are awaiting their interview. Why should you get in front? 

USCIS

January 16, 2015 I-130 Mailed, Chi lockbox January 20, 2015 Priority Date, January 21, 2015 NOA1 notice date, Assigned VSC, January 23, 2015 Check Cashed, electronically March 5, 2015 NOA2

NVC

March 27, 2015 NVC received April 6, 2015 Case#, IIN# assigned April 8, 2015 Paid AOS + IV fee Invoices May 5, 2015 AOS + IV package submitted May 11, 2015 Scan Date

June 11, 2015 DS-260 submitted June 25, 2015 False checklist (for ds260).. hello? June 30, 2015 Answered checklist Aug 5, 2015 Escalated to Supervisor review Aug 13, 2015 Case Complete

Consular

Sept 10, 2015 Interview Scheduled Sept 11, 2015 P4 Letter received Sept 21, 2015 file In transit from NVC Sept 23, 2015 file at Embassy

Sept 28, 2015 Medical Oct 14, 2015 Biometrics Oct 15, 2015 Interview (Approved) Oct 19, 2015 IV visa Issued Oct 23, 2015 Passport Pickup

POE

Nov 2, 2015 Entered the US Nov 16, 2015 Applied for SSN, walk-in Nov 20, 2015 Social Security Card recd Jan 15, 2016 GC received

Timeline
9 hours ago, KierenHby said:

You messed things up, think about those who did everything right and are awaiting their interview. Why should you get in front? 

Yes, I realize this.  I'm waiting for p4 now.  Then, I'm going to contact the consulate to see if I can get an earlier date.  I'm already at the last stage.

Timeline
11 hours ago, jakelake said:

If your expedite is successful, then that means at least 95% of people applying should also get an expedite. Almost everyone wants their cases to move as fast as possible for one reason or the other.

Here is a link as to why USCIS may expedite a petition or application.

https://www.uscis.gov/forms/expedite-criteria

I'm past all that already.  It's in queue awaiting an interview.  I also messaged a member here who recently got an interview at the same consulate I'll be dealing with.  It seems like they aren't too busy here.  Interview was scheduled fairly quickly.

If you have case complete at NVC it's now up to your embassy whether they expedite.  In fact, when you do an expedite request all NVC does is forward it to your embassy/consulate to ask them if they will do so (I know because I've been through it myself and am currently waiting for case complete at NVC so the consulate can do their expedite).

Your best thing to do would be to look on the CEAC status tracker to see where your file is at (whether it's left NVC yet) and contact your consulate.  Mine had an email address and phone number and they were good at getting back within a couple of days from emails.

However ... even with all the above, your reason for expedite is not one I've seen get a positive outcome and even we were lucky to get ours.  We filed based on financial hardship as my husbands job ended and his work visa is about to run out here. We only got an expedite approved because so few cases from my country actually happen (I'm in New Zealand) so they are able to handle the workload.  Your best option is to contact your consulate, explain your situation, and see if you can get the medical documents now to move forward with that part, and ask about interview dates. Perhaps they have a "please call me if you get a cancellation" list?

Got married: 26th Sep 2013 

I-130 Petition Process:

Sent petition to USCIS Chicago lockbox (via in-laws to put check in US$): 11 Mar, 2016

NOA1: 24 Mar, 2016 (email notification 30 Mar. Hardcopy 11 Apr)

Service Centre: NEBRASKA

NOA2: 3rd Aug 2016

Petition sent to NVC: 18th Aug 2016

NVC Stage

Case number assigned: 8th Sep 2016

Paid AOS Fee: 9th Sep 2016

Paid IV Fee: 14th Sep 2016

DS-260 submitted: 25th Jan 2017

AOS & IV Package sent: 25th Jan 2017

Expedite requested: 25th Jan 2017

Expedite approved (consulate only): 1st Feb 2017

Scan Date: 31st Jan 2017

Case Complete: 14th April 2017 (10 weeks 4 days)

Full expedite approved (bypass NVC to send file to embassy), however too late as I already had case complete 17th Apr 2017

Case arrived at Embassy: 21st April 2017

P4 letter received: 26th April 2017 (expedite at embassy stage so this came from the consulate, not NVC)

Medical date: 26th April 2017

Interview date: 4th May 2017 APPROVED!!

Visa received: 8th May 2017 

POE (entered the USA): 15th May 2017 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
10 hours ago, MrGeorge said:

I'm past all that already.  It's in queue awaiting an interview.  I also messaged a member here who recently got an interview at the same consulate I'll be dealing with.  It seems like they aren't too busy here.  Interview was scheduled fairly quickly.

Then what was the purpose of your post?

It seems to me that you really need to research and improve your communications skills. That is especially true if you run a business.

Timeline
23 minutes ago, jakelake said:

Then what was the purpose of your post?

It seems to me that you really need to research and improve your communications skills. That is especially true if you run a business.

Before you start putting me down, you should read some of the replies above.  I'm working on getting an earlier interview date with the consulate, and seeing if it's possible.  Also, you sent me a link for USCIS.  I'm way past that stage already.  Some of the other members replied already about contacting the consulate/embassy.  Thanks for your rather blunt reply.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.