Faith77h

Where to file a lone i-212 after already had an interview?

7 posts in this topic

Hello, 

I had an interview for k1 on Jan 18.

It was denied, with an instruction that I need to file i-212.

We got a Lawyer to help prepared thr application and papers. Now it is ready but we just got an email from lawyer that she doesn't know for sure where to submit?!  She said it is because the the 212 application should have submitted together when I went to an interview. 

She asked me to call embassy. I couldn't get through the ivr to talking to a real person.

Please give some advice what should I do next? 

Is it me, an applicant, to file? Or petitioner(fiance ) to file?

Where do I make the payment for application?

Lawyer said process is she will send package to me, then I get motorized and send/gove to embassy here in Bangkok.

I honestly doubt the lawyer experience and capability, and I don't know if the processe she told me is correct.

Do I make/request an appointment online? I dont think it will allow me to as it's only for visa interview or citizens business. 

I was just surprised and frustrated of why the lawyer doesn't know where to file..

More info is

I am in Thailand now. Fiance is in USA. The lawyer is in USA.

Thank you so much in advance.

Faith 

hello - i am not sure i totally understand. form i-212 is for "Permission to Reapply for Admission into the United States After Deportation or Removal". have you been in the states in the past, overstayed your visa and have been deported / removed?

once you have been denied your k1, that's it, that petition / visa application is dead. you can appeal the denial but that's just a wait of time and money i believe. what you can do is start a new k1 petition again.

Passport 17-Feb-22 Drop-off at USPS (expedited processing and shipping) ~ 22-Feb-22 Status: In Process ~ 08-Mar-22 Passport book shipped ~ 09-Mar-22 Status: Approved. Passport book in hand.

N-400     28-Jun-21 Filed online ~ 28-Jun-21 Received NOA + "Biometrics will be re-used" notice ~ 14-Dec-21 Interview scheduled ~ 25-Jan-22 Interview. Approved. Case status: Oath will be scheduled.  ~ 01-Feb-22 Oath scheduled. ~ 14-Feb-22 Oath ceremony.   

ROC        11-Jun-20 Application sent via FedEx ~ 16-Jun-20 Case received ~ 29-Jun-20 (Old) biometrics applied to case ~ 01-Jul-20 NOA ~ 23-Dec-21 Case transferred to new office ~ 25-Jan-22 Combo interview with N400. Case approved. 

AOS        13-Oct -17 Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct-17 Case received ~ 24-Oct-17 Fingerprint fee received ~ 25-Oct-17 NOA1 ~ 17-Nov-17 Biometrics ~ 23-Nov-17 Status "We are scheduling
                 your 
interview" ~ 24-Jul-18 Status "We have scheduled your interview" ~ 28-Jul-18 Interview notice received in the mail  ~ 29-Aug-18 Interview 30-Aug-18 Status "Case was approved" 

04-Sep-18 Received approval / welcome letter in the mail ~04-Sep-18 Status: "Card was mailed to me" ~07-Sep-18 Green card received

EAD/AP  13-Oct Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct Case received ~ 25-Oct NOA1 ~ 17-Nov Biometrics ~ 09-Jan Approved ~ 13-Jan Notice received ~ 18-Jan Combo card received

K1 Visa   28-Jun-17 Case ready (No packet 3 received) ~ 22-Jul Medical ~ 02-Aug Interview (APPROVED!) ~ 03-Aug Visa issued ~ 08-Aug VOH ~ 14-Sep POE (Abu Dhabi) ~ 01-Oct-17 Got married! 

I-129F     17-Feb-17 Petition sent via FedEx ~ 21-Feb-17 Case received ~ 24-Feb-17 NOA1 ~ 30-May-17 NOA2 12-Jun-17 NVC received / Case and Invoice numbers assigned ~ 20-Jun-17 NVC left

Hi iamdegie, 

I believe that my k1 petition is still valid.

The refusal worksheet stated that it is valid for 1 year after visa being denied.

My question is..

Do I mail the i-212 to my consulate or do I need to make an appointment to send in person? 

There is a payment in check or money order I need to pay for this application as well.

Yes. I-212 is for permission to reapply after deportation.

Instructions where to file are on the I212 instructions sheet available on USCIS.gov. Embassy won't take it. 

https://www.uscis.gov/forms/direct-filing-addresses-form-i-212-application-permission-reapply-admission-united-states-after-deportation-or-removal

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

On 3/24/2017 at 1:58 PM, Faith77h said:

Hi Javaree

What is VD?

So you mean for lawyer to send i-212 to Immigration port in Dallas, even i am in Thailand? And they will coordinate to consulate here later...?

How is expedite being done? I thought expedite request need a to have really strong reasons backup somethig like serious health or treatment issues.

Thanks.

Thank you Minimelo.

I read and cant see where my category should be. :(

I am not in the USA. Fiance is in USA.

I am filing K1. Application was filed in June '16, approved in Sept '16, interviewed Jan' 17. 

So i-212 should be filed in Thailand where I am now. Or directly file in USA as fiance and lawyer are there?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.