Peterpaul216

Request For Initial Evidence issued

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi Forum,

I actually filed for Adjustment of Status on January 25, 2017 but was received by USCIS on January 27, 2017. My priority date is June 27, 2016. This is because I have an already approved I-130 that has a priority date of June 27, 2016. I have received NOA's from USCIS in February 9, 2017 and have also gone for biometric on March 6, 2017. Then on March 16, 2017 I received a Pink-Coloured letter from USCIS that is asking for 2015 Tax Transcript from my wife, who is my sponsor. My wife 2015 Tax Transcript has 2 dependents on it (Her parents). Now the problem is this, I am thinking if we submit it. USCIS will say that my wife income will not be able to sponsor me and will end up issuing another RFE. This is because her income in the 2015 Tax income Transcript can only take care of one dependent (That is I and my wife). I am in a very difficult situation and do not know what to do over this. Getting a joint sponsor has been a very difficult issue for me. Though my wife's parents are in her 2015 Tax Return but currently she no longer take care of them. They no longer live with her. They are now living with her elder sister. 

Your advise is highly needed and will be appreciated.

Regards all

26 minutes ago, Dee elle said:

As the RFE requests the 2015 tax transcripts, you wont be able to proceed further until you provide that to them.. I  am assuming on the I864 that her parents are not listed as current dependents. The issue for capacity to sponsor is CURRENT and proven ongoing income,  not previous income.

You will need to submit the requested returns.. perhaps add a cover letter explaining that she cared for her parents previously, hence they are listed as dependents on 201x returns,  but that they are now living with another relative and no longer her dependents,, Hence the household size for your wife is 1 (her) plus the beneficiary (you) for the purpose or the AOS

But wouldn't OP still have to show sufficient current income, if historical income proves insufficient? Perhaps it would make sense to send 2016 transcript or evidence of income as well?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

I agree with afrocraft- if she hasn't filed yet, file 2016 taxes now, without dependents and that should hopefully show she makes enough,  She will still need to provide the 2015 taxes, because she was asked for them, but she can send both years and add a cover letter explaining why she has less dependents now.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

I have heard what is being suggested. Why I am thinking submitting the requested 2015 Tax return with a form I-864 is to avoid a 2nd RFE. This is because a 2nd RFE will add to more delay of processing time of my application. As my wife, who is the sponsor is pregnant and her due date is getting close. Therefore, I really need to get my EAD and start work to enable me pay our bills when she put to bed.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Submit 2015 (and 2016) transcripts. If she was the sole financial provider for her parents more than half of the year last year, she can claim them on her 2016 returns as well.   You can write a letter stating that they now reside with another family member.  Have that family member and her parents (if able) to sign the letter as well. 

Hopefully that would suffice for correcting the household number.  Did you put the household number on the form correctly or did you add her parents? 

Our Journey:
04/19/2014- Met online
10/2014- Visited Nigeria and he proposed!!!! 
02/28/2015- Sent I-129F petition
03/05/2015- NOA1
09/2015- Visited Nigeria again!!!
10/28/2015- NOA2 (237 day wait at TSC)
11/13/2015- Sent to NVC
11/27/2015- Arrived at Embassy
06/2016- Third visit to Nigeria!
06/15/2016- Interview, given option to file I-601 waiver.
08/16/2016- Waiver submitted (no lawyer).
11/21/2016- Waiver approved with expedite.
01/2017- Embassy requested interview. 
04/2017- Fourth visit to Nigeria.  K1 officially denied. 
04/25/2017- NOA1 for 2nd K1.
07/27/2017- Case transferred to TSC.
11/17/2017- Case transferred back to CSC.
01/16/2018- NOA2!! (266 day wait)
03/08/2018- Interview (AP)
05/03/2018- VISA APPROVAL!!!
05/14/2018- Visa issued
05/18/2018- Visa picked up
05/25/2018- HE'S HOME!!! 💙💙💙

God has given me a great knowledgebase through research and other members here on VJ.  Please do not hesitate to reach out if I can be of any assistance to you! 

Timeline
3 hours ago, FN&KO said:

Submit 2015 (and 2016) transcripts. If she was the sole financial provider for her parents more than half of the year last year, she can claim them on her 2016 returns as well.   You can write a letter stating that they now reside with another family member.  Have that family member and her parents (if able) to sign the letter as well. 

Hopefully that would suffice for correcting the household number.  Did you put the household number on the form correctly or did you add her parents? 

My wife just stated the processing ans filing of the 2016 Tax and the parents are not listed there. I do not know how long it will to take for the 2016 Tax Transcript to come out. Then for answer to your question, in the affidavit of support, it is only I and my wife that is listed there (2 dependents). We cannot wait for the 2016 Tax Transcript to come out before we respond to the RFE. I have agreed to write a Cover letter and add it to the 2015 Tax Transcript but still worried if USCIS will honor it ?

Also, from the analysis of my wife 2016 Tax return that is still in process, the income there can only take care of two dependents  (I and my wife).

Edited by Peterpaul216

13 hours ago, Peterpaul216 said:

My wife just stated the processing ans filing of the 2016 Tax and the parents are not listed there. I do not know how long it will to take for the 2016 Tax Transcript to come out. Then for answer to your question, in the affidavit of support, it is only I and my wife that is listed there (2 dependents). We cannot wait for the 2016 Tax Transcript to come out before we respond to the RFE. I have agreed to write a Cover letter and add it to the 2015 Tax Transcript but still worried if USCIS will honor it ?

Also, from the analysis of my wife 2016 Tax return that is still in process, the income there can only take care of two dependents  (I and my wife).

If you file your taxes electronically, it takes 2-4 weeks for the transcript to be available. Longer if your turn in a paper return.

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/transcript-availability

Edited by afrocraft

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.