Safsaf

Applying twice for dv lottery 2018

12 posts in this topic

I have applied twice for dv lotter 2018 and right now i have two confirmation numbers and i'm waiting for the results, the first entry was on 3/10/2016 and the second one on 30/10/2016. I think i'm elegible to participate in the lot with both entries because i have two confirmation numbers So what will happen if one of them has been selected ?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

As far as I have read you can only apply once during the registration period for the upcoming DV lottery. Multiple entries from same person will disqualify you from that year.

Exception to this I see is married couples, each spouse may apply, so there can be two applications for them; but single persons must only apply once as stated above.

http://www.usadiversitylottery.com/faq.php#gcl11 

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

The system goes through and looks for multiple entries from a single person and will remove those entries from the pool  ( both entries are removed)  you will not get notice but there is no chance of getting pulled to get a visa;.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

11 hours ago, Safsaf said:

I have applied twice for dv lotter 2018 and right now i have two confirmation numbers and i'm waiting for the results, the first entry was on 3/10/2016 and the second one on 30/10/2016. I think i'm elegible to participate in the lot with both entries because i have two confirmation numbers So what will happen if one of them has been selected ?

Why did you apply twice? 

As the others have said, you've violated the rules and will be disqualified. Your entries are likely to become what is known as a "hole" in the numbers - meaning disqualification before notification in the event of your number being randomly picked initially. The computer system will almost certainly pick up the duplicate entry on photo software alone, along with other checks for duplicates (matching name and birth dates on different entries for example). Your letter won't say disqualified, simply not selected. If by some chance you do get a positive selection notification please let us know.... 

• 6 months later...
2 hours ago, Ameen said:

Guys, I misspelled my  Surname the first time I applied,so I applied again 3 minutes later with the correct Surname.

I had two confirmation numbers.

Where do I stand now ?? 

You have a duplicate entry which as per the rules both will be disqualified. From what I understand this will be picked up via the image software which will detect the same photo/face on two different entries.

On 10/10/2017 at 10:51 PM, Ameen said:

Guys, I misspelled my  Surname the first time I applied,so I applied again 3 minutes later with the correct Surname.

Where do I stand now ?? 

u stand disqualified.  too many people try to try system with "mistaken" spelled name or wrong birthdate so they can apply multiple times.  they think they smarter than US embassy and government.  they wrong.  too many tried before u.  follow rule next time.

if u pick, u still lose at interview

Edited by BuiQuang

On 10/10/2017 at 10:51 PM, Ameen said:

Where do I stand now ?? 

You just got lucky as they are discarding all old entries and re-starting the process next week. Be sure to carefully check the entry before submission this time!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
On 10/14/2017 at 2:37 PM, Ameen said:

Hey man, where did you hear this ?? 
Is there any link to this news ??

https://www.dvlottery.state.gov/(S(z5vyfzrnr5wszg3cnuj0040l))/default.aspx

~AOS : 09/11/2014 - 2 YR Green card received!.

~ROC 07/13/2017 - 10 YR Green card received!.

~N-400 : 10/28/2020 - N400 Interview & Approval/Oath Ceremony/US Citizen!

More Importantly, I am a proud Anti-Fascist!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.