9 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi guys, 

My Husband ( UK Citizen ) and myself ( American born citizen) are planning to move back to the States.

We've been planning for some time to get this started and finally have the cash together for the filing fee so thought I best get my butt in gear. 

I had previously downloaded the I130 form and example as listed on the London Embassy website that you are directed to for Direct Consular Filing, but it appears it has changed...   So.. I clicked the I130 link got the form and started filling things in.  There is no longer an example listed as available.

I get to the part where it says Address.. with drop down boxes for stuff.. like state... ermmmm... i LIVE IN THE UK!!! with my HUSBAND... I do have a permanent address in the US ( my dad's address is listed on my US Drivers License and we own a home nearby as well. ) but that cant be what they are looking for ???

help ?

I've included a screen shot of the area ?

Another question that is concerning me .. we will to have a co sponsor and have offers of that from my Dad in the States.. and amazingly lol my Ex Inlaws who like my new husband better than they like their son lol ...  my husband also has relatives in other parts of the US that would probably do as well. 

I dont want to really want to involve the Ex inlaws though they have a better financial position... so i'd like my Dad to do the job.  I note the amount you have to have on the website, Dad should be able to cover that...  He is retired though.. He has a military pension as well as his social security.  Will this affect his ability to co sponsor?  Also, while I wont be going back to the States with work arranged,we do own a home, free and clear no mortgage.   Would this help in any way ? 

Thanks in advance... 

Heather

Screenshot (1).png

46 minutes ago, Heather Mcnally said:

Hi guys, 

My Husband ( UK Citizen ) and myself ( American born citizen) are planning to move back to the States.

We've been planning for some time to get this started and finally have the cash together for the filing fee so thought I best get my butt in gear. 

I had previously downloaded the I130 form and example as listed on the London Embassy website that you are directed to for Direct Consular Filing, but it appears it has changed...   So.. I clicked the I130 link got the form and started filling things in.  There is no longer an example listed as available.

I get to the part where it says Address.. with drop down boxes for stuff.. like state... ermmmm... i LIVE IN THE UK!!! with my HUSBAND... I do have a permanent address in the US ( my dad's address is listed on my US Drivers License and we own a home nearby as well. ) but that cant be what they are looking for ???

help ?

I've included a screen shot of the area ?

Another question that is concerning me .. we will to have a co sponsor and have offers of that from my Dad in the States.. and amazingly lol my Ex Inlaws who like my new husband better than they like their son lol ...  my husband also has relatives in other parts of the US that would probably do as well. 

I dont want to really want to involve the Ex inlaws though they have a better financial position... so i'd like my Dad to do the job.  I note the amount you have to have on the website, Dad should be able to cover that...  He is retired though.. He has a military pension as well as his social security.  Will this affect his ability to co sponsor?  Also, while I wont be going back to the States with work arranged,we do own a home, free and clear no mortgage.   Would this help in any way ? 

Thanks in advance... 

Heather

Screenshot (1).png

If you download the form and then  open on Acrobat, you should be able to type in, instead. I also filed from Germany and did this. When not able to fill some fields, I left blank and I added manually once printed. That should be a work around on the pre-determined fields.

Petition for Spouse

I-130 Filed DCF Frankfurt  - 17JAN17

Fee Charged/Priority date - 20JAN17

Official Receipt - 24JAN17

I-130 APPROVED - 10MAR17 (45days)

Timeline
1 minute ago, Backtocali said:

If you download the form and then  open on Acrobat, you should be able to type in, instead. I also filed from Germany and did this. When not able to fill some fields, I left blank and I added manually once printed. That should be a work around on the pre-determined fields.

THANKS FOR THAT..  oops as you can see I am doing the same lol... Caps lock was on! 

I think I figured it out, under the State and Zip question is post code and country so i guess just skip to the relevant bit?

Where it asks for where my mom lives... she died a few years ago, do put deceased there or leave it blank ?

I get anxious about stuff that is sooo important!

Heather

Timeline
Just now, Heather Mcnally said:

THANKS FOR THAT..  oops as you can see I am doing the same lol... Caps lock was on! 

I think I figured it out, under the State and Zip question is post code and country so i guess just skip to the relevant bit?

Where it asks for where my mom lives... she died a few years ago, do put deceased there or leave it blank ?

I get anxious about stuff that is sooo important!

Heather

ohhh additionally.. where it asks for information about my husband and his family, we put his two sons info there even though they are grown and do not live with us or intend to come with us ?

I assume I go in the spouse spot... 

Hi Heather, my mother is also deceased so I put "NA" in fields 34 & 35 and then wrote an explanatory note on the last page that she was deceased. For all foreign addresses, I skipped STATE and ZIP, writing in "NA" after printing, as the province, postal code & country gave sufficient space to complete a UK address.

I am the USC, my husband is a UKC. IR-1 via DCF London.

3/24/2017: I-130 packet sent

3/28/2017: NOA1 date

5/19/2017: NOA2 date (received 5/25)

6/14/2017: LND number received

6/27/2017: medical booked

6/29/2017: Knightsbridge call that needs to come back for 2nd chest x-ray

6/30/2017: 2nd chest x-ray

7/3/2017: Knightsbridge call to confirm x-ray was clear

7/5/2017: interview booked - approved in principle pending receipt of medical

7/6/2017: status changed to Issued

7/09/2017: e-mail from courier that it had been received from embassy

7/10/2017: courier delivered

future:

8/8/2017: POE Denver In'tl Airport

Regarding the part you asked about financial support, after your I130 has been accepted and you are into the interview prep phase, you will need to fill out the I864 affadavit of support, and be ready to submit at least one US tax return copy for the last financial year. I hope that you have been filing those, otherwise that may be something you need to think about...

Then about the actual amount of money needed to approve your application, if there is any doubt that the co-sponsor plus your own income (as declared on the past tax return) meets the federal poverty guidelines, you can indeed declare assets such as your house that you own. There is no specific requirement that you have employment arranged, but of course it all helps the consular officer make a decision.

In our case, I have no job arranged, but my last IRS tax return shows adequate income and I submitted some proof of assets (IRA statement, property titles, bank account statements) to indicate that I am likely to be able to support everyone in the states.

Good luck!

Edited by DaveHorton

02/20/09 Met Juliet in Nirvana (Pasay)

03/01/09 Long weekend in Batangas

03/09/09 Dave returns to the USA

06/22/09 Dave returns to Manila

06/30/09 Juliet learned to SCUBA Dive in Sabang

07/11/09 Visit Laguna with Juliet and her son Justin

08/19/09 Long weekend in Baguio

09/09/09 Fly to Bohol

09/24/09 Family trip to Sabang

10/18/09 Dave returns to the USA

04/01/10 Dave moves to UK

11/19/10 Juliet and Justin move to UK

06/16/14 Juliet and Justin become British Citizens

11/16/16 NOA1

01/17/17 NOA2

01/19/17 Packet 3 Rcvd

03/16/17 Interview (placed on hold pending additional info)

03/27/17 Submitted requested info

04/03/17 Received Visas

06/17/17 Sold House and cars

06/19/17 Arrived in Phoenix AZ

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Thanks for that Dave, 

I've looked up the info for Tax Returns and it says you only have to file if you have an income.  I'm a homemaker, that will change when we return to the US, both he and I will work.. (i'm a Doula)  but for now,  He makes the money and I clean the house... 

I've spoken to my dad and He has well over the required amount so hopefully that will be sufficient but we'll add the house as an asset just in case. 

On 4/3/2017 at 8:08 PM, Heather Mcnally said:

Thanks for that Dave, 

I've looked up the info for Tax Returns and it says you only have to file if you have an income.  I'm a homemaker, that will change when we return to the US, both he and I will work.. (i'm a Doula)  but for now,  He makes the money and I clean the house... 

I've spoken to my dad and He has well over the required amount so hopefully that will be sufficient but we'll add the house as an asset just in case. 

There's instructions on the i-864 but basically if you don't have to file a US tax return, you do need to write an explanatory note to attach with the form.

I am the USC, my husband is a UKC. IR-1 via DCF London.

3/24/2017: I-130 packet sent

3/28/2017: NOA1 date

5/19/2017: NOA2 date (received 5/25)

6/14/2017: LND number received

6/27/2017: medical booked

6/29/2017: Knightsbridge call that needs to come back for 2nd chest x-ray

6/30/2017: 2nd chest x-ray

7/3/2017: Knightsbridge call to confirm x-ray was clear

7/5/2017: interview booked - approved in principle pending receipt of medical

7/6/2017: status changed to Issued

7/09/2017: e-mail from courier that it had been received from embassy

7/10/2017: courier delivered

future:

8/8/2017: POE Denver In'tl Airport

Timeline
On 05/04/2017 at 2:17 PM, aless02 said:

There's instructions on the i-864 but basically if you don't have to file a US tax return, you do need to write an explanatory note to attach with the form.

Thanks for that !  I was wondering how we go about explaining things, though i imagine its nothing new for them to see lol

now just the wait wait wait game i guess...  the embassy website says they are working on applications from 2 months ago, so i imagine we have a bit of a wait to go.. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.